Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October Patch Speculation 2023 (Patch Out Now) (Halloween SDX Drop)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Since the last patch of Sep releases Today I'm putting up the October Thread. October could be a Pre Ep Patch if the EP is the first week in November.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited September 2023
    VECHILES I do not care if I'm wrong but I'm thinking Vechiles, I'm sticking to it.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Automobiles
    Brum brums
    Vehicular transportation
    Sloppy Jalopys
    Rust buckets
    Old Bangers
    Lemons
    Motors
    Hot Wheels
    Horseless carriages
    Wagons
    Jam Jars
    Whips
    Gas guzzlers
    Chariots
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    VECHILES I do not care if I'm wrong but I'm thinking Vechiles, I'm sticking to it.

You might be right.
  • Options
    WrathSixxWrathSixx Posts: 33 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Automobiles
    Brum brums
    Vehicular transportation
    Sloppy Jalopys
    Rust buckets
    Old Bangers
    Lemons
    Motors
    Hot Wheels
    Horseless carriages
    Wagons
    Jam Jars
    Whips
    Gas guzzlers
    Chariots

Ok, I will forever be referring to cars as sloppy jalopys from now on hahahahaha! Amazing!
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I really hope we're getting a CAS update. Specifically, one that lets us copy makeup/accessories across categories and that helps match up alien disguises. This sounds out of nowhere and unrelated BUT the last patch randomly changed how the game handled aliens in CAS, as seen by the broken alien CC. There was nothing in the patch notes about it, which could mean it's background work to get ready for a bigger update, because otherwise what's the point of changing it? If a CAS update allowed items to copy/paste or be linked, makeup and aliens are the big two needing copy/pasting. It's also a good inclusion step with the new medical wearables, as people don't just magically not need hearing aids when they change their shirt.

It seems like the Sims team has been doing a lot of requested updates, and we've been asking for makeup/accessory copying for a while. The mechanics are totally doable, based on the fact that a) newer occult forms can be linked, b) mods are able to copy/paste accessories and makeup (and so many of the recent releases are following the most popular mods in the community), and c) CAS already links hairstyle changes across categories. Final point of evidence: the developers are known to hint at future things with each new release, and the only occult recipe from the Home Chef pack uses alien fruit. Coincidence? Probably, but one can hope.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,041 Member
    If the EP is about the neighborhood, I'm guessing an expansion to the neighborhood stories system. I am hoping for YA going off to uni/getting jobs, people getting married and getting divorced.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    If the EP is about the neighborhood, I'm guessing an expansion to the neighborhood stories system. I am hoping for YA going off to uni/getting jobs, people getting married and getting divorced.

I hope the expansion pack is not an expansion about neighborhood stories. I don’t even use it because I play rotationally.

I would much rather see cars, or hotels. I don’t know about the alien changes. Since aliens came with get to work, I can’t see how aliens would be affected by a new pack unless they bring aliens to the base game, or have some pack crossover.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    not that I'm complaining but where was it revealed there was a third EP coming this year? Not being snarky, that's a totally innocent curious question I have.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    not that I'm complaining but where was it revealed there was a third EP coming this year? Not being snarky, that's a totally innocent curious question I have.

At the Sims Summit recently, along the Stuff Pack!
    It's in the current roadmap, too https://x.com/TheSims/status/1701631113612169532?s=20
  • Options

It's in the current roadmap, too https://x.com/TheSims/status/1701631113612169532?s=20

Thank you! I have no idea how I missed that because I did watch that video. Probably distracted lol. But that's great news I think.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    I'm updating my game now. I really hope it's NOT a big update because I hate having to get new versions of my mods.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Thank you! I have no idea how I missed that because I did watch that video. Probably distracted lol. But that's great news I think.

As of now the EP is called Neighborly but that name may not be final. My guess is it's a real-estate pack with upgraded apartments and a city world. I really hope it brings back hotels. Cars may be added in the pre ep update. Imagine if we get both cars and hotels.
  • Options

As of now the EP is called Neighborly but that name may not be final. My guess is it's a real-estate pack with upgraded apartments and a city world. I really hope it brings back hotels. Cars may be added in the pre ep update. Imagine if we get both cars and hotels.

While I'd love hotels, they're my #1 wanted thing now, I can't see how they'd fit in a "neighborly" type of theme. I know it's a vague term anyways but it brings to my mind strengthening local ties, not introducing a feature that would likely focus on transitory, short term visitors.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

While I'd love hotels, they're my #1 wanted thing now, I can't see how they'd fit in a "neighborly" type of theme. I know it's a vague term anyways but it brings to my mind strengthening local ties, not introducing a feature that would likely focus on transitory, short term visitors.

There are hotels that rent out apartments, either short or long term. But given that in the roadmap trailer they showed two keys on a house shaped keychain, I think it's probably something about owning a second home. Or maybe complex door locking system in a bad neighbourhood and they will bring back the burglars.
  • Options

Lol, I missed it too when I watched it the first time. I believe it said EP in the images rather than verbally.
  • Options

This simmer thinks it might be hotels.
  • Options

I fail to see any of the keywords the tweet is mentioning in the description am I missing something?
  • Options

I fail to see any of the keywords the tweet is mentioning in the description am I missing something?

She's saying some hotels have heartbeds.
  • Options
    I hope the October Patch adds the new Home Chef recipes to Dine Out Restaurants.
  • Options

As much as I want hotels (literally the number one feature on my personal wishlist) I think this is a reach :D
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member

There are also hotels with "Dragon" in their names, such as the Royal Dragon. Dragon hint? 🤔
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »

There are also hotels with "Dragon" in their names, such as the Royal Dragon. Dragon hint? 🤔

Lol! I need dragons too, or should I say my spell casters need Dragons too…you know, big ones they can ride!
  • Options
    edited October 2023

As much as I want hotels (literally the number one feature on my personal wishlist) I think this is a reach :D

They keep teasing about the heart bed so I think that alone increases the chance we may see hotels.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I'm hoping they'll finally put in a toggle for us to turn off constant Townie spawning. It's just so annoying! I also hope we finally get a multi-purpose community lot so we can have things like post offices,game arcades,etc.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?