Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are Game Packs Dead?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Insufficient data
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    Well, since Stuff Packs were gone for a long time and then returned, I can't say that we'll never see another Game Pack.

For sure, Horse Ranch should have been a Game Pack. I have no idea what EA was thinking. (I know, they were thinking of money). It's like they have just upgraded (in name only) any Game Packs they make to Expansion Packs to make more money.

Horse ranch could not been game pack.The amount resources needed to be expansion pack
  • Options
    passionfruitpassionfruit Posts: 180 Member
    I hope not.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Game Packs will never die! Stop trying to build your mischief skill with fake bad news.
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    Well, since Stuff Packs were gone for a long time and then returned, I can't say that we'll never see another Game Pack.

For sure, Horse Ranch should have been a Game Pack. I have no idea what EA was thinking. (I know, they were thinking of money). It's like they have just upgraded (in name only) any Game Packs they make to Expansion Packs to make more money.

Horse ranch could not been game pack.The amount resources needed to be expansion pack

I also believe Horse Ranch was always meant to be an expansion pack, I don't buy this theory created by disappointed Simmers who deemed it a game pack despite the fact we have never gotten a game pack with a world that has 13 lots in it, new animals and more than 1 Skill (Riding and Nectar Making + all the 4 new Horse Skills). This deserved to be an EP, however, I wish they included actual unicorns as an occult/life state for horses instead of making a gorgeous glittering magical effect and a horn for horses as an accessory, that did kind of feel disappointing and rubbed some of us the wrong way...wish they could still include unicorns in a future pack somehow if it could make sense or even better, refresh Horse Ranch someday and add the missing Unicorn life stage. There was a Sims 4 Horse Ranch EP satisfaction survey earlier this year in-game and they asked me what could have been better etc. I mentioned there should be actual unicorns and the nectar making skill should be 10 level skill with the ability to make unique combinations like in Sims 3 World Adventures EP. But yeah Horse Ranch was 100% an EP, could have been better but nothing is perfect. I also wish they will not drop Fairies GP early next year, would be better for them to save it for May or summer 2024, they really should release the rumored Grim Reaper/Dangerous/Grave & Beyond game pack maybe either January or February. Also there are apparently new hints for a new Romantic/Wedding-themed stuff pack coming early next year, so maybe we will get a SP instead of a new GP first. The new Kits I don't know when they are supposed to release but maybe also January or February, I think those are almost ready soon, so they can schedule them for EA app etc, and it feels like they are going to be out at the same time. I mean the Goth and Castle Kits. <3