Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home Chef Hustle I’m So Freaking Excited: Do you all think this will make cooking so much better?

I was commenting in pack discussion (I’ll quote it below so you see my thought process) and I was thinking about all the mods I use for cooking rn in Sims 4.

I started with Grannies Cookbook, bc someone commented on an old thread of mine where I wanted the sims to make a way for us to have favorite recipes, and family recipes that we pass down in a cookbook. And also for that cookbook to make finding recipes easier bc it sucks now, and that helpful person said a modded out there had made something very similar so I rushed over to LBB and almost cried from happiness. While there I also found Insimnia Eats and I had those two in my game only. Then I added LittleMsSam delivery, and S&S cooking mod, and I believe the name is SrySlys cooking overhaul. Plus a bunch of appliance mini mods like a pressure cooker, and cupcakes being made either in the oven or a small appliance on the counter.

Managing these mods can be a bit hard, there are more out there but they don’t all mix, getting one could break the others. In some cases it’s just 1 small mod from an otherwise safe creator that will break the other mod and shut everything down. And that’s just the cooking mods. But they serve a very real and fulfilling purpose. Making the game fun, easier, and giving my sims better looking food.

I noticed right away that there was a cookbook in the background on a stand behind the gurus/creators of the pack. It looks a lot like te ones modders make, which makes me wonder if this is the official version of something like the item I and so many others obviously wanted for so long? And if so if this will work well with all the mods? Will our modded cookbooks be able to be recognized as such in game? If this does well, I can only imagine how awesome our mods would get. I know some mods mentioned already trying to filter dietary restrictions but it wasn’t in BG, now it will be.

This seems like a pack for a range of people, but definitely the foodies. The console players who can’t mod will get a better experience. PC players who don’t want to mod, and have been sick of the cooking experience thus far will also see an improvement. And possibly pure speculation, which is why I’m posting it here, the PC foodies who love their cooking mods will not only be actually able to use BG/etc recipes when they want to, but their mods might be able work better with the game bc it’s finally catching up. And since the update is to BG that part isn’t behind a pay barrier.

quote="LSM36;c-18309541"]I’m very glad to see stuff packs come back. Actual gameplay items plus BG updates. 😍Plus this one seems to just be an extrapolation of several cooking mods made in game official. I saw the cookbook on the counter, something I personally wanted years ago and several modders went on to make extremely well. Freed cupcakes, also a mod. Even the organized recipes is a mod. But this way even console players finally get these things. And pc players can remove extra mods/ modders can (myb not sure how modding works) pare down their mods to take out the bits that aren’t needed anymore and have it work with the new updates. The mod cookbooks could be recognized as actual cookbooks not just appliances. Maybe whatever foods we make with them can be used in whatever new systems of making money were mentioned in that behind the sims summit.

Plus since it’s a stuff pack you get more cool stuff than you’d get in those kits. That whisk jewelry was cute. So was the jumpsuit. To be fair I own every single cooking themed sims content for sims 4, and a bunch of the sims 3 stuff. This was my bag from the beginning. Hence all the cooking mods, and previous posts begging for overhauls etc. At first I thought it was like a cool kitchen stuff refresh, but I’ll admit we’ve only seen a little of what is actually in this pack separate from the update and I’d buy it anyway.[/quote
Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    Might be reaching here, but I’d be ecstatic if a lemonade stand was added to our game. I saw the cup of liquid in the roadmap, and my mind immediately went to straight to lemonade stand. I mean, food + hustle, makes sense right? Anyway, purely speculation.

Also, bonus points if kids could participate. Start ‘em young!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    lemonella wrote: »
    Might be reaching here, but I’d be ecstatic if a lemonade stand was added to our game. I saw the cup of liquid in the roadmap, and my mind immediately went to straight to lemonade stand. I mean, food + hustle, makes sense right? Anyway, purely speculation.

The cup looked like tea to me, because of the elephant teapot. Such a cute teapot, hope they add it to the game. :smiley:
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    lemonella wrote: »

A lemonade stand for kids would be SO adorable! I never even thought about that before, but I really want it now. :D
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I like you @LSM36 had other cooking mods in my game too but some conflict with others and the updates can be a pain. I now only use Grannies Cookbook. I like Somik and Severinka but it has a lot of items and updates. So I only stick with the Granny. I do have SS cupcakes in oven. So, I am super happy that my #freecupcakes will take place soon. I would love to have a blender, crockpot, toasters. I like Littlebowbub's home barrista. It seems like the Dev's are really listening to the community and trying to add things that we would like. I know the cannot add everything. But so far so good.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I had been wondering if they'd do the small pizza ovens, like one I'd been contemplating for my apt previously, vs a large outdoor one bc these can go indoor/outdoor and they did. Which is very cool IMO. As I was watching the trailer I was thinking of all the modded foods I have currently that might be able to use these appliances.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    flaminganakinflaminganakin Posts: 36 Member
    If we get the toy oven and/or lemonade stands back in this pack it'll totally make up for them not including the rocking horse in the Horses EP. Us simmers who play with families have been BEGGING for non-activity table items for kid sims.
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    edited September 2023
    It is nice having different style choices for activity tables to match a kids style but yeh.....it'd be great to get something new. I miss the toy oven. They could give us a double skill build for mental and creativity then when you max them both out you could start building cooking/baking.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    I also liked the baking oven in Sims 3, that you could make different baked goods with to sell. It was funny when the child would be tending the table and would take a sneaky taste of their goods, then look all innocent afterwards :D
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    I’m very excited to get stuff packs back….. and I love the new appliances. I play rotationally and haven’t played my cook lately, I will be excited to do so now.
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
    So can we do our own catering food business with this stuff pack?
  • Options
    Areeds23Areeds23 Posts: 22 Member
    This pack looks promising and I am so happy stuff packs are returning as far as we know.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes this will make cooking some things faster but not everything.