Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Making photo poses help needed: Sims will pose, but not reposition.

kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
I want to start making my own photo poses. I've got the latest S4S and the latest Blender. I've been following Katverse's tutorial videos as best I can (they're for an older version of the programs, so some of the options are moved/changed and I can't find them, but mostly stuff like Inverse Kinematics).

But the problem I'm having is that when I try to do poses that involve changing the position of a sim--turning them sideways, rotating them so another sim can carry them, having them upside-down for a handstand, having them bend around and rotate so they're sitting on a couch, whatever--after I've made my package file for the poses, go into the game, teleport the sims to the location, and pose them, they're all uniformly facing straight forward, occupying the same space, not moved or rotated at all. The joints are posed in the right positions, but there's no repositioning, no rotation, nothing, just a bunch of weirdly posed sims floating in the same space.

Does anyone know what I've failed to do to make this work?

Thanks.

EDIT: After hunting around for videos and tutorials on the subject, of which there aren't a bunch that aren't for previous versions of both S4S and Blender, and a lot of which are ... annoying ... it seems like maybe the issue is that I've been moving the rigs around by switching them to object mode rather than by moving the root node.

So, I can't experiment with pose-making right now, but problem potentially solved.
Post edited by kemowery on