Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nectar Making, I'm nervous

Okay so according to the leaks we are finally getting nectar making which I have been wanting for a while now. I'm nervous though that it's just going to be juice fizzing 2.0. I want nectar tasting and the ability to have a winery. I want something similar to what we had in sims 3 and I'm concerned that it's just going to be a bottling thing. Are we getting different types of grapes?

Comments

• Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    Yes, I was surprised to see nectar making when we already have juice fizzing. I hope it feels completely different from juice fizzing - otherwise what’s the point?
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2023
    Nectar making is also important to me and I am anxious to learn more about how they're implementing it. So far, I've only seen a barrel and a stomping machine in the leaked images. Aging is very important in the process, so I doubt they won't include it.

I'm a bit surprised that this pack includes nectar making specifically since grapes grow predominantly in Mediterranean climates, not deserts. Thus, I'm not sure if it would make sense to have grape farms (and thus different types of grapes) in this world - but if they're adding nectar making, I'm assuming there will be. White wine can technically be made from red grapes in real life, but of course it would be more fun and make nectars feel more unique to have different types - especially if grapes from different worlds make nectars feel more regionalized. I'm hoping the nectars will be customizable. I hope we have the option of making nectar red/white/sparkling/pink, and that we can add other types of fruits/berries/herbs for more complex flavours - and maybe even effects, such as chamomile from Outdoor Retreat making sims calm, poison berries making sims sick etc. Naming bottles would allow us to recreate real wine types, name it after our farm or world, or just mess around and have fun. How long we age a nectar not only increases its value, but also maybe influences how sweet/bitter/dry it is. I'm hoping we can age nectars in barrels before transfering them to bottles, or just tap them into a glass straight from the barrel, since that would be fun for medieval saves.
    It would be cool if certain sims don't like nectar, or only like sweet nectars, and that it will be shown through their buffs after drinking some. Opening a bottle of sparkling nectar can be a fun occasion, but the cork can also pop into someone's eye. Drinking nectar during a celebration (birthdays, weddings, New Year's etc) can give a buff similar to how bday sims get happy from eating cake - the nectar makes it more fancy/special.

I'd love if the pack isn't limited to only grape nectar and allows us to make other types of drinks. Corn, wheat and oats suit a ranch theme, which could be used to distill spirits such as bourbon and whiskey. Fruits can be used to distill brandy or "fruit nectar." A plasma fruit nectar collection for my vampires will make me very happy.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I'm all in for nectar variety, but I normally find any feature with more than 10-15 recipes overwhelming and I rarely bother to learn all about it. In my game I currently use a nectar making mod (by icemunmun?) which is very well done, except the aging is lacking. It makes nectar into something to make and drink, and I also sell it in retail stores. But it has no value for investors, and there is no point in storing those bottles in a cellar. The value increase over time will be a very much missed feature, recalling my sims storing them down deep into the ground such as level 3 basement, as I think value increased faster the deeper they were stored. Walking those stairs took a fair share of my gaming session, but I never saw it as wasted. It was an important part of the game of the nectar making household :)

In my game I have assigned certain nectar versions to most districts, seeing them as old traditions of worlds or Houses. I rarely use the eco fizzle juice thing as it mainly is making+drinking/selling and lacks the traditional aspects. So, nectar making will be very welcome in my game :) 10 versions + aging will make me happy enough.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2023
    What would make Nectar Making different from Juice Fizzing would be the ability to store nectar and have it increase in value over time! (Just like wine in real life) I can‘t wait to have my own nectar cellar in Sims 4

Also I hope we have the ability to use every fruit available in the game for cross-EP play. For example, plasma fruits from Vampires to make plasma fruit nectar, blueberries from Cottage Living or elderberries from Outdoor Retreat.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    What would make Nectar Making different from Juice Fizzing would be the ability to store nectar and have it increase in value over time! (Just like wine in real life) I can‘t wait to have my own nectar cellar in Sims 4

Also I hope we have the ability to use every fruit available in the game for cross-EP play. For example, plasma fruits from Vampires to make plasma fruit nectar, blueberries from Cottage Living or elderberries from Outdoor Retreat.

In real life I know someone who made wine from various fruits. I would definitely like some more fruit options.
    fruit wine
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'm so excited for nectar making in the Horse Ranch EP but still a bit cautious because I don't want to get too disappointed if they nerfed it from the way it worked in Sims 3 World Adventures. Nectar making was one of my absolute favorite parts in that EP that made the EP so much better despite being disappointed a bit because some Simmers including me wanted the EP to focus on vacation as well as the adventures part but it was more about the adventures and we did get Island Paradise later on so yeah...but nectar making was one of the features that made that EP so good, I hope the nectar will actually age and get more valuable, I am PRAYING they remembered to add that Cellar/Basement feature and the Nectar racks and the nectar will get way more valuable in the basement, cannot wait to get more information soon once they officially confirm everything... <3
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Personally I always viewed the juice fizzing station as separate from nectar. Like how the juice keg is sims 3 wasn't nectar it was juice. And you could get juiced. And how with the one in sims 4 it's the same thing. And teens have to be "sneaky" when getting it.

I think juice fizzing is literally just various sparkling drinks like sparkling juice, cider, and kombucha. Especially given the pack it came in. And the range of items you can fizz/the resulting products.

Plus if I'm remembering this correctly sims don't get a buzz from those products without a mod. Or at least not the ones I tried. I haven't used it in forever.

Nectar has always been more like wine to me. I didn't get to play with it much (bc both sims 3 bugs and EA saying my packs are missing when they shouldn't be) but I'm fairly sure it's meant to be alcoholic. Idk if there's non-buzzed nectar, but I think it's just the range in various drinks.
    Like Juice (capital J) is like beer, fizzed juice is anything sparkling that isn't alcoholic. But myb you could make a hard cider type fizzed juice, if anyone has please lemme know. And nectar is the wines, of sim world. Maybe even other liquors since it's coming in the horse/western pack. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a sim equivalent to whiskey, and things like that in the nectar maker. It's got barrels.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    Nectar making is also important to me and I am anxious to learn more about how they're implementing it. So far, I've only seen a barrel and a stomping machine in the leaked images. Aging is very important in the process, so I doubt they won't include it.

I'm a bit surprised that this pack includes nectar making specifically since grapes grow predominantly in Mediterranean climates, not deserts. Thus, I'm not sure if it would make sense to have grape farms (and thus different types of grapes) in this world - but if they're adding nectar making, I'm assuming there will be. White wine can technically be made from red grapes in real life, but of course it would be more fun and make nectars feel more unique to have different types - especially if grapes from different worlds make nectars feel more regionalized. I'm hoping the nectars will be customizable. I hope we have the option of making nectar red/white/sparkling/pink, and that we can add other types of fruits/berries/herbs for more complex flavours - and maybe even effects, such as chamomile from Outdoor Retreat making sims calm, poison berries making sims sick etc. Naming bottles would allow us to recreate real wine types, name it after our farm or world, or just mess around and have fun. How long we age a nectar not only increases its value, but also maybe influences how sweet/bitter/dry it is. I'm hoping we can age nectars in barrels before transfering them to bottles, or just tap them into a glass straight from the barrel, since that would be fun for medieval saves.
    It would be cool if certain sims don't like nectar, or only like sweet nectars, and that it will be shown through their buffs after drinking some. Opening a bottle of sparkling nectar can be a fun occasion, but the cork can also pop into someone's eye. Drinking nectar during a celebration (birthdays, weddings, New Year's etc) can give a buff similar to how bday sims get happy from eating cake - the nectar makes it more fancy/special.

I'd love if the pack isn't limited to only grape nectar and allows us to make other types of drinks. Corn, wheat and oats suit a ranch theme, which could be used to distill spirits such as bourbon and whiskey. Fruits can be used to distill brandy or "fruit nectar." A plasma fruit nectar collection for my vampires will make me very happy.

This just made me think of the bees from Seasons (?). We could make mead.

Like rn the only drink we can make with more effort is fizzed juice. Every other drink is something you buy, coffee, tea, or bar drinks. You can't even make a smoothie without a mod.

Buy if we get nectar, and it seems we will. With cross pack integration, that would probably be really easy to add in. Either as like a small object that shows up/only works if you have bees. Or, as is more likely, a kit.
    We already know 2 kits are coming. At least 1 is possibly going to relate to the upcoming gp that I'm praying is fairies. But if it follows what they did with Growing Together, both might be tangentially related to the EP. And in this case it might be even more so.
    In another thread we were talking about a kit that possibly brought in more animals than those mentioned in the leak, and we don't know much about the harvestables yet. But what if one kit was plants and animals (a production gp pack), and the other was more items? Like a mead set up that requires you to have both the EP&Seasons to work properly, as well as other gameplay items for things we don't know yet. (All of which would fit so much easier in 1 stuff pack.)
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »

Like rn the only drink we can make with more effort is fizzed juice. Every other drink is something you buy, coffee, tea, or bar drinks. You can't even make a smoothie without a mod.

Buy if we get nectar, and it seems we will. With cross pack integration, that would probably be really easy to add in. Either as like a small object that shows up/only works if you have bees. Or, as is more likely, a kit.
    We already know 2 kits are coming. At least 1 is possibly going to relate to the upcoming gp that I'm praying is fairies. But if it follows what they did with Growing Together, both might be tangentially related to the EP. And in this case it might be even more so.
    In another thread we were talking about a kit that possibly brought in more animals than those mentioned in the leak, and we don't know much about the harvestables yet. But what if one kit was plants and animals (a production gp pack), and the other was more items? Like a mead set up that requires you to have both the EP&Seasons to work properly, as well as other gameplay items for things we don't know yet. (All of which would fit so much easier in 1 stuff pack.)

I’m not sure if they would put other animals in kits after the complaining people did when my first pet stuff came out. I loved my first pet stuff, but a lot of people boycotted it. Of course, a lot of people won’t buy kits anyway. I don’t use mods or CC so I appreciate kits. I’m just sorry that they stopped making stuff packs, they were a favorite of mine. It would certainly be nice if we got other animals in kits or a stuff pack, but, I’m not holding my breath for it.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    As much as I would like to believe otherwise, the 2 kits will likely be cas or bb. We haven't had a gameplay kit since they launched and I find it totally unlikely they would put animals in a kit. I would love to be wrong but history is a great predictor of the future.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    So far we now have Asian stuff/ world & France’s Nectar. Now we just need Egyptian stuff in Sims 4. Then we’ll almost have World Adventure.😍😛😉
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    So far we now have Asian stuff/ world & France’s Nectar. Now we just need Egyptian stuff in Sims 4. Then we’ll almost have World Adventure.😍😛😉

Yessssss
    Although I would also like a French or Tuscany inspired world.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I thought Tartosa was based from Tuscany?
  • Options
    I thought Tartosa was based from Tuscany?

Tartosa reminds me more of Croatia. I studied in Florence for a while. When I think of Tuscany I don't think of shoreline. I would love to have something Parisian but a truly Tuscan world would also be a welcomed. More than that though, I would like Eygpt back and some more locations to use the Archeology skill.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member

They should try something Moroccan inspired as well, and a Martial Arts pack too! Ohh and why not Indian world too? They made Moroccan, Indian and Korean inspired fashion Kits already so yeah...
  • Options

You can't even make a smoothie without a mod.

I'd love to make mead ^_^ It would work perfectly in medieval saves.

As for kits... I pretty much refuse to buy kits bc I feel that they're a major cash grab and overpriced. But I find it frustrating that we don't have smoothies and milkshakes yet - if milkshakes came in a gameplay kit, I'd probably get it. But they shouldn't be in kits if they were obviously initially part of a pack but sold separately for more money. Ex, if we can make nectar in Horse Ranch but need to buy a kit to make whiskey.
    A few years ago when we could vote for the stuff pack that ended up being Laundry Day, one of the options was health-focused and included smoothies. I'm not sure if a smoothie maker machine and a bunch of recipes would be too much for a kit, since kits usually just have a few items and all the different smootjie flavours are technically items (debug). But if you ship it with JUST the smoothie machine, people would probably be upset at how it looks like you just get one item. You'd need at least three decor items to make it not look empty. I never thought I'd say it, but I actually miss stuff packs. There's much more room for niche themes in it, and for actual gameplay.

If I could create my own stuff pack at this stage, I'd probably make one centered around birthday parties, especially for children. Milkshakes, party hats (equip from live mode), balloons and banners, more birthday cake candle-topper combos (pirates, castle, princess, sea monster, bees, bunnies, etc etc)... Maybe a bouncy house, pin the tail on the llama game, pinata game, musical chairs, pass the parcel... It would help if we had more games that kids can play together - tag, hopscotch, jump rope, tea parties, that fortune teller folded paper thing - though I think those should be patched into Growing Together or basegame. A sash (equip from live mode) can be very multi-purpose for a variety of parties. Adult parties, of course, would benefit from nectar and sparkling nectar popping :)

• Options
    edited June 2023

Even though I was initially excited about Snowy Escape's Asian world, I haven't bought it yet bc I'm not particularly interested in the approach they took. I really hope they make a pack with a Chinese theme - I'd LOVE a rural Chinese world. The koi fish in SE are just decorative, there isn't any Asian gameplay besides the hot pot... I want instruments, games (majong, Chinese checkers), hobbies (calligraphy and/or ink art, martial arts, more intricate bonsai), books, astrology, crops and recipes... I really enjoy how interesting Chinese architecture and decor looks, including Chinese rural aesthetics (not just royal). The Japanese theme of SE is great, but not exactly what I wanted for an Asian EP.

An Egyptian GP would be interesting! I'd be curious about its implementation since Jungle Adventures took World Adventures' place regarding tomb exploration. Even if this pack would still be tomb exploration, I'd probably prefer this one since TS4's visuals could make the ancient Egyptian tombs look STUNNING. I'd like if this world would be a vacation-residential hybrid like Mount Komorebi - it would look strikingly different from other worlds and have a lot of potential for activities in public space. A marketplace jammed with stalls, boats on the Nile river, crocodiles that can "drown" you if you don't heed their warnings... All the flowy drapes used in the architecture (I'm not sure what they're called) would add something we don't really have yet, a variety of new pretty carpets, wall murals etc. I'm unsure what other gameplay would be relevant to add... I doubt a taxidermy skill is coming :lol: Deciphering the ancient language could be a 5-level skill similar to excavation, and reading the hieroglyphics could be key to solving puzzles and finding magical artefacts.

As for a Parisian or Italian world, I originally thought that nectar making would come in such a pack. I hope that we get this world since it would be beautiful - they'd just have to make it distinct from Tartosa, preferably by adding apartments in tightly-packed townhouses. I'd hope for candy-making and toy-making as hobbies. It would make sense to add cross-pack compatibility with nectar making... Maybe there's another variety of grapes here - without Horse Ranch it's enjoyed on food platters and as grape juice (might as well add a crop juicer and/or smoothie maker).
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    As much as I would like to believe otherwise, the 2 kits will likely be cas or bb. We haven't had a gameplay kit since they launched and I find it totally unlikely they would put animals in a kit. I would love to be wrong but history is a great predictor of the future.

I agree with you that they wouldn't do it, but it would be a great place for them and it would make kits make sense. Not everyone loves reptiles or birds or small rodents as pets so they wouldn't want an entire gamepack centered around those pets but pop a few of them in $5 kits? That would be perfect really. I would pay $5 for an "Exotic Pets" kit or even $10 for a stuff pack since I guess that would be more reasonable once you add in all the extra cages and stuff they would need lol
  • Options
    The blog post mentions nectar, and you know how we were wondering what we could use other than grapes? They mentioned potatoes! And vague other fruits plus trash. But potatoes which means sim vodka. So idk I kinda think we can make mead maybe without a kit. And if we actually had wheat or rye, or whatever else is in whiskey, we could make that too. And beer. Like I feel like they need to add harvestables to this pack. They can't just say it's animals and give us another pack with nothing new to grow/gather.

I don't think I've even seen any collectables/harvestables in the GrwT world.
  • Options
    The blog post mentions nectar, and you know how we were wondering what we could use other than grapes? They mentioned potatoes! And vague other fruits plus trash. But potatoes which means sim vodka. So idk I kinda think we can make mead maybe without a kit. And if we actually had wheat or rye, or whatever else is in whiskey, we could make that too. And beer. Like I feel like they need to add harvestables to this pack. They can't just say it's animals and give us another pack with nothing new to grow/gather.

Also you can age the bottles and make money.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2023

You can also use the new harvestable Prairie Grass to make nectar! If you look at one of the official screenshots you see a nectar bottle with a grass icon.
    52-B74104-00-F9-49-C8-8922-C0186511825-C.jpg

Also in this screenshot it looks like there will be plasma fruit nectar, since the icon on the bottle looks like a glowing plasma fruit! That means vampires can safely enjoy nectar too.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    I think I'm actually more excited for nectar making than the horses. It seems like its been well thought out and executed but I guess we will see. Not sure how I feel about trash or prarie grass nectar but I like that it was included. I'm very happy to see that it can be aged. I'm hoping there is an option for tasting and a way to set up a winery as a community lot even if it has to be done as a retail location.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member

I think someone mentioned in a forum post somewhere that there was a rose bush somewhere…. I can’t even remember which neighborhood.though. I’m preparing a family to move to the warf. I want to see the whales and Emily the sea monster that is supposed to show up there.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    My family business is making wine so I want this very very much!
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    evamadelevamadel Posts: 8 New Member
    OK guys what do you think?? I enjoy the nectar making, BUT there’s no button “call to grab drink” so no one besides the active sim drinks the nectar after I have poured the glasses. This needs to be fixed, how can I let the sims team know? It’s so boring throwing parties and the glasses are left untouched. And why isn’t “drinking nectar” a club activity?

Other than that, I do enjoy it, wish nectar making was a career as well. Oh another thing, I sell nectar bottles, but the aspiration does not work properly, it only says nectar sold for 300 when I’ve sold for 30.000