Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Renaissance Faire

LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,520 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hey all, I'm back with another idea I'd like to pitch for the game. This concept might have already been suggested, but the recent poll for a Medieval Kit set my brain in motion, so I thought I'd share.

As many of us love to play in other timelines, I'd love to see more features put in place that allow us to do that, even if they aren't full blown huge ideas like "Into the Future" was with Sims 3. Mind you, I'd love a pack like that that allowed us to travel forward or backward in time, but I feel that it's a huge endeavor, so I'm not sure if it's a realistic request, or large enough demand.

So. One of the concepts that I thought might be enjoyed by many, is maybe a Game or Stuff pack for a Renaissance Faire. This kind of pack could give us some great CAS and build/buy for home lots, but also include a new lot type for us to build our own Faire. There could be fun dueling rings with cutless, sword or foil, axe throwing, archery and maybe mud-flinging activities, even bring juggling back (remember that in Sims 2?) with some new food and drink like Turkey legs, honey nectar (mead) and Plum Broth porridge. Could have a new guitar type (lute) and maybe something new like an ocarina or recorder (or hand drums please!). It could also include some good new Piratey stuff that would crossover nicely with Island Living. A pack like this should also be compatible with a horse pack, should we get one (and if the hints are true). I could even see a pack like this having a similar setup to Journey to Batuu (settle down, don't come for me) in the sense of it being a destination place to visit and a static set but with sections to visit, if making it a lot type would be too complicated. But I think that having some new lot types that allow us to create our own themed mini-festivals with customizable costume choices like Dine Out has, would be really fun, if we could also set what Sims wear to the lot.

Anyway, wanted to share the thought before it fled, especially since the Medieval concept seemed popular with Simmers. :)
#Team Occult
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,116 Member
    edited June 2023
    the stage from sims medieval to play some Lute tunes on would be such a vibe about right now

dang it you now I want to reinstall Sims Medieval again :triumph:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TaTdBuIukYc

*claps air to the lute music and kills mosquito* *swirls around the house in mosquito free bliss*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,510 Member

100%! I would love a festival lot or an entire destination world dedicated to medieval gameplay, especially if we can assign dress code and make the entire thing work off the grid. Long distance communication can only be achieved by finding a herald NPC or by composing a letter at a scribe’s desk and have a bird (owl, pigeon, raven) carry the message across. Modern technology ist ehr..completely verboten at the Renaissance Faire / World!

Although this may seem a bit ambitious, I do believe that a medieval style destination world with fully customizable lots is probably the most suitable for both historical players and those who would rather treat it like a Weekend at Medieval World.

I envision a mix between Batuu, Jungle Adventures and Outdoor Retreat, with different areas to explore and minor quests to complete e.g. slaying pit beasts and - indeed - fighting alongside pirates, complete with ship!

The main “districts” could include a forest, a mountain and a harbor, with a large fortress at the centre of it all. A destination world could also offer Inns and base camps to spend the night at. Alternatively, a sim may be eligible to apply for a free room & board farm job.

Hopefully there’s a growing demand for themes like this now…especially since the notorious infants have finally crawled their way into the game and off people’s wishlists, the little buggers. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    One of my top wishes is for a festival lot type that we could have 3 or 4 festivals saved that rotate. Renaissance faire, wine fest, food fest, carnivals, etc.

I would love a ren faire in game, I agree there would need to be some way to establish a dress code since that is part of the fun.

I never considered the idea of having a whole world that could be viewed as an opportunity for time travel or like a theme park, I really like that idea too.

Either way this is a pack I would purchase at launch. I too would want to see things like unique foods, archery, fencing, and lute playing.

Additionally I think a pack like this would be a great opportunity for dragons,royalty cas, jewelry making, blacksmithing, and maybe even nectar making.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,510 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    One of my top wishes is for a festival lot type that we could have 3 or 4 festivals saved that rotate. Renaissance faire, wine fest, food fest, carnivals, etc.

This could work similar to EcoLifestyle's Community Spaces, which is pretty much just one one single lot with 3 or 4 slots for different festival ground variations. The possible downside is that unlike all festivals in Sims 4, it doesn't spawn in the open world and requires a loading screen in order for sims to access the grounds. On the upside, the player will have full control over the contents of the grounds, which is something I have a personal preference for.

I suppose a fully customizable "Faire Ground -lot" that behaves in such fashion (much like Seasonal lot markers in Sims 3) could be part of basegame and managed in the calendar. I'm thinking of a Spooky fair on Spooky Day with pumpkin carving in fancy dress, we could create a winter fair, a wine fest, a fun fair / carnival with rides, a funeral fair ( When I was a student I had a job at a Funeral Exhibition....man, some of the coffins on display looked like spaceships, complete with lightshow...no kidding, I loved it :D) - a Ren faire, etc. Whichever suits our personal gameplay style.

All we need ofcourse are the packs to provide the gameplay objects and related content *sigh*, but the system's basics are basegame.

For the record, I think we should get both: A Festival Lot AND and a medieval inspired world!

• Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »

This could work similar to EcoLifestyle's Community Spaces, which is pretty much just one one single lot with 3 or 4 slots for different festival ground variations. The possible downside is that unlike all festivals in Sims 4, it doesn't spawn in the open world and requires a loading screen in order for sims to access the grounds. On the upside, the player will have full control over the contents of the grounds, which is something I have a personal preference for.

I suppose a fully customizable "Faire Ground -lot" that behaves in such fashion (much like Seasonal lot markers in Sims 3) could be part of basegame and managed in the calendar. I'm thinking of a Spooky fair on Spooky Day with pumpkin carving in fancy dress, we could create a winter fair, a wine fest, a fun fair / carnival with rides, a funeral fair ( When I was a student I had a job at a Funeral Exhibition....man, some of the coffins on display looked like spaceships, complete with lightshow...no kidding, I loved it :D) - a Ren faire, etc. Whichever suits our personal gameplay style.

All we need ofcourse are the packs to provide the gameplay objects and related content *sigh*, but the system's basics are basegame.

For the record, I think we should get both: A Festival Lot AND and a medieval inspired world!

I have used the community lot type in my game to create my own seasonal festivals. It's works pretty well except that I have to manually change the lot from season to season. I like that with the City Living festivals they spawn like 20 sims there to help them feel alive but beyond that I would rather create my own. The loading screens don't really bother me.

I need EA to start producing packs a little faster bc now I want a Medieval themed pack AND a festival themed pack. The Medieval pack could include all the elements of the ren faire as well as the castle and themed world you mentioned. They could have ren faires that spawn in the world with sims dressing in Medieval clothing kind of how the dress up for the comicon festival. Also dragons and a royal bloodline. Then the festival pack could come with the carnival elements and different elements for fairs. I really want to create wine fest and fairs based around seasonal foods and activities. Being able to create unique fairs like you mentioned would bring so much to the game.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 443 Member
    I think I want a Renaissance Faire pack more than I have ever wanted anything else in The Sims.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,520 Member
    Thanks for the support, guys! Love the contribution of ideas! <3

Now that the Horses pack has been announced, I thought I'd revisit this idea, because how cool would it be for a Renaissance Faire to have actual horses there? Especially for those of us who would play the pack as an actual historic (and fantasy) renaissance!

And since the Castle kit won, could we just get a GP instead with all of these things in it?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    FreedomWantFreedomWant Posts: 49 Member
    I don't see why EA couldn't add something like a festival lot in the game. It could be set up like the high school years auditorium, where each seasonal festival is customizable. They could be set up automatically on the calendar to change with the seasons, like every Sunday. I love the idea of a Ren Fair, but it would be awesome to have a fall fair where the sims could bob for apples, ride a wagon through the farm, carve pumpkins, etc.
  • Options
    OccultmasterOccultmaster Posts: 129 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm back with another idea I'd like to pitch for the game. This concept might have already been suggested, but the recent poll for a Medieval Kit set my brain in motion, so I thought I'd share.

As many of us love to play in other timelines, I'd love to see more features put in place that allow us to do that, even if they aren't full blown huge ideas like "Into the Future" was with Sims 3. Mind you, I'd love a pack like that that allowed us to travel forward or backward in time, but I feel that it's a huge endeavor, so I'm not sure if it's a realistic request, or large enough demand.

So. One of the concepts that I thought might be enjoyed by many, is maybe a Game or Stuff pack for a Renaissance Faire. This kind of pack could give us some great CAS and build/buy for home lots, but also include a new lot type for us to build our own Faire. There could be fun dueling rings with cutless, sword or foil, axe throwing, archery and maybe mud-flinging activities, even bring juggling back (remember that in Sims 2?) with some new food and drink like Turkey legs, honey nectar (mead) and Plum Broth porridge. Could have a new guitar type (lute) and maybe something new like an ocarina or recorder (or hand drums please!). It could also include some good new Piratey stuff that would crossover nicely with Island Living. A pack like this should also be compatible with a horse pack, should we get one (and if the hints are true). I could even see a pack like this having a similar setup to Journey to Batuu (settle down, don't come for me) in the sense of it being a destination place to visit and a static set but with sections to visit, if making it a lot type would be too complicated. But I think that having some new lot types that allow us to create our own themed mini-festivals with customizable costume choices like Dine Out has, would be really fun, if we could also set what Sims wear to the lot.

Anyway, wanted to share the thought before it fled, especially since the Medieval concept seemed popular with Simmers. :)

With Horses we could have a jousting tournament, with a ren faire we could also have fantasy themed Occults like Elves, Goblins and Orcs alongside Dragons.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jousting
  • Options
    DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    I have suggested something very similar myself, and I would love to see it happen. My ideas included a circus/acrobatics skill so you can become a performer on the festival stage - learn juggling, stilt walking, tricks with the giant hula hoop like in Sims 3, fire breathing, etc. Archery and Ax throwing games (maybe an archery set and skill that you can take home, too), fake swords and shields for kids to buy and play with together, new Celtic and medieval-inspired songs to sing for another performer idea, maybe some NPCs to wander around and entertain, and even a the return of the pickpocket/Unscrupulous Charlatan. Medieval costume/CAS assets so our Sims can dress up, including some fantasy costume pieces like wings and horns and satyr legs ... I could go on, but you get the idea.
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,378 Member
    I like the idea of a ren faire. That was something my partner and I did on one of our first weekends together. He did some sword fighting and I wore a for real corset and couldn't breathe and it was fun.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top