Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I keep getting logged out of the forums for no reason

It started about this time yesterday morning. If I was on one page for an extended period of time, reading or typing a long reply, the forum software would log me out. Every 3-4 months it will log me out randomly, I log back in and tell it to remember and it did, until yesterday. It stopped yesterday evening and I thought no more about it until it started in again a little while ago. I can still log back in quickly but it is slightly annoying to have to frequently check to make sure if I'm still logged in when I want to post or check for notifications. I've had to copy and paste a couple of posts to my desktop because I got logged out while I was composing them in here and couldn't even click 'Save Draft'.

Comments

• Options
    Jotaerre3DJotaerre3D Posts: 954 Member
    edited May 2023
    @DaniRose2143 I would not worry about, it's the normal behavior of any site that require you to be logged in, forums, banks, marketplaces and payment processors are just samples of it, after some time of inactivity that may vary from site to site you'll be logged out, I understand that sometimes it can be annoying for us but it's normal and sometimes needed.
    Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends call me in that way.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Make sure you know your username, password & email. That will help being logged back in. If you have to change your password because you might of forgotten it, just mention your email then you can change your password if you have to.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    Thank you both for the thoughts. Whatever it was stopped Sunday night and hasn't happened again since. Just a hiccup I guess. The occasional log out, once every 3 or 4 months isn't a surprise, I expect those. Whatever that was over the weekend was something I'd never seen before and was odd because I'm set up to stay logged in and I was getting logged out multiple times an hour. Things are back to normal so I'm grateful for that.🙂
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have to re-log in to most sites every couple of days. In my case, I think it’s because my internet provider offers a dynamic IP with a poor connection, so my IP address is constantly changing.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: