Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pool tables update when?

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,115 Member
edited May 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Seriously, we need pool tables ASAP, like the telescope update.

I think a BG update could contain one pool table and the billiard skill.

Some objects like furniture, lightning items, billiard decoration like poles, racks, triangles and balls could be included via Deliver Express or Kit.
Post edited by Mak27 on

Comments

• Options
    DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    I second this wholeheartedly!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I also sorely miss them. I'd buy them as a kit and they'd certainly be more fitting for a kit than bust the dust was. I wouldn't even need anything more on the side if only the animations were done nicely.

I never understood why they didn't continue gameplay kits with objects that were less likely to interfere with other packs. I care for new gameplay, not for just stuff to look at. That's why I skipped packs without gameplay in TS2, too.
    Well, I guess they save me quite some money the way it is now with kits.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I also sorely miss them. I'd buy them as a kit and they'd certainly be more fitting for a kit than bust the dust was. I wouldn't even need anything more on the side if only the animations were done nicely.

I never understood why they didn't continue gameplay kits with objects that were less likely to interfere with other packs. I care for new gameplay, not for just stuff to look at. That's why I skipped packs without gameplay in TS2, too.
    Well, I guess they save me quite some money the way it is now with kits.

They are probably saving it for some pack. Or they are running on very tight budget. We might get a broken down version that's only suitable as a shelf and a decorative cue ball. :lol:
  • Options
    LOL ... you were tweaked by the love bed set dressing too, I take it? :disappointed:
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    LOL ... you were tweaked by the love bed set dressing too, I take it? :disappointed:

I did not appreciate it. People have been asking for it for so long and then they give the broken down version, especially after they featured it in the commercial with the Brazilian singer.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It still amazes me that in the base game bars were a thing and almost 9 years later we still don't have a pool table. I'd love to recreate my rundown bar I had in my Sims 2 downtown but not without a pool table.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

I did not appreciate it. People have been asking for it for so long and then they give the broken down version, especially after they featured it in the commercial with the Brazilian singer.

I agree completely. That's what pains me about the kits sometimes. Clutter items are great and helps set up our Sims houses to look believable, and kits are a perfect delivery method for more clutter. But when the developers give us clutter items like kettle bell weights or dentures in a glass or a broken/disassembled love bed when these things would serve the player so much better as usable items it rubs me the wrong way. I can't speak for every Simmer, but I am sure most of us would agree we need/want items that serve a gameplay function far more than we want ones that serve a solely aesthetic one.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    The thing is they will not give us what we want as there are enough Simmers enjoying pure set dressing, which is also so much cheaper to create.
    Builders are flooding the internet with gorgeous content and the quicker EA get that stuff out the more amazing builds can be seen on YouTube, ..., advertising the game for EA at hardly any cost.
    Simmers enjoying live mode are no longer the target audience with TS4. I sometimes feel guilty of that as I myself did hardly play TS3 because I thought the Sims to be ugly. TS3 was rich in gameplay and I wish we could get that back in TS4. But I do not believe we will.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen