Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

why do sims like music and dancing so much?

I been so curious and wondering why the sims or maybe my family The Reeds - love dancing so much ?

i have the vintage radio from bowling pack.
i placed it in the basement and everyone family member including the youngest daughter when she was toddler used to go downstairs and dannce for hours

Comments

• Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I read something a while ago that said the most recent gameplay item you place or feature that gets added into the game is the thing your Sims gravitate towards the most. It's something to do with autonomy being a high level for whatever that activity is.

I had an issue with Sims wanting to dance and sing all of the time due to the game's autonomy so I removed autonomy for those activities via a mod. Now they only sing and dance when I direct them to. I do that for whatever activity I don't want my Sims randomly running off to do, like shovel snow, water balloon fight, etc.
  • Options
    fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    Future wrote: »
    I read something a while ago that said the most recent gameplay item you place or feature that gets added into the game is the thing your Sims gravitate towards the most. It's something to do with autonomy being a high level for whatever that activity is.

I had an issue with Sims wanting to dance and sing all of the time due to the game's autonomy so I removed autonomy for those activities via a mod. Now they only sing and dance when I direct them to. I do that for whatever activity I don't want my Sims randomly running off to do, like shovel snow, water balloon fight, etc.

you are right i feel after the new update and Growing Together everybody started dancing alot and often - or is that the only thing they wanna do - and i have to cancel their dancing to do house chores
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    Wow, I have to force my Sims to dance lol. They never just choose to. Instead I've found most of my Sims, if there is a chessboard in the home, will be sat playing chess when I've been playing with another family for a bit then load their household. And it's guaranteed to be my Gilbert family. If I can't instantly see them, I know where to find them lol.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited April 2023
    Kyle did dance a lot when he came over for a visit I thought it was just Kyle thing to do

then again i did have rather empty house due to just testing things in that save so that might also be why he just thought thats item with most fun

one thing related to stereos also though it annoys me so much those pretty stereos from HSY only play prom night
    I think other stations should be option too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Kyle did dance a lot when he came over for a visit I thought it was just Kyle thing to do

then again i did have rather empty house due to just testing things in that save so that might also be why he just thought thats item with most fun

one thing related to stereos also though it annoys me so much those pretty stereos from HSY only play prom night
    I think other stations should be option too

My Kyle is ALWAYS dancing!!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited April 2023
    My Sims tend to love dancing, too. At least that's one way of getting some exercise. :p
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    I think it's because I give my sims a piece of me. Music is my life force, dancing is the cherry on the sundae of life. I love music and I love to dance, although I prefer to dance in private or with friends who won't judge me because I have absolutely no sense of rhythm.😉
  • Options
    RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    That one vintage stereo/record player is something like +10 fun need so I think that's why they always gravitate towards it. There's a swing set that is a +10 also and all of my adventurous sims will swing on it until they get motion sick.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited April 2023
    Haven't they always and not just in TS4 :grey_question: Seriously if I don't have a computer locked and it's in use then the radio is the next best thing for them to boost fun autonomously.

I avoid putting radios in the house or if I want a certain sim to work on their dancing skill then I will put the radio in their room and use the lock door options.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I been so curious and wondering why the sims or maybe my family The Reeds - love dancing so much ?

i have the vintage radio from bowling pack.
    i placed it in the basement and everyone family member including the youngest daughter when she was toddler used to go downstairs and dannce for hours

Yes, that and the computer. They are set to almost buggy levels of use. LittleMsSam has a mod called automatic stereo system that fixes the issue of 24-7 dancing. They will still dance, but they actually need to turn on the stereo. As as soon as they leave the room the stereo turns off and they will need to turn it on again. So, dancing and listening to music still happens, but not excessively and at a more realistic level. As for the computer, I just keep it locked if I use a regular desk or I put a laptop on one the square dining tables and just slide it off to the side away from the chair.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I am constantly singing and dancing in real life, so it would seem strange to me if my sims didn’t! I always put at least one musical item in every build.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I am the opposite, I find it unrealistic that the existing Maxis lots usually come with no way to listen to music at all. I'm always adding stereos to the default lots. Even if I don't modify a lot in any other way, they must have music!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Since Sims is supposed to be a life-simulator, I would have to say it's a human-thing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I never play with in game music on - it's an old habit from the days when I often recorded for my video productions, and due to copyrights I did not want to take the risk of music playing in game. I rarely re member to give my sims a stereo, but some got their music machines and I can see those notes floating, but I don't think I saw sims dancing or in any other way being obsessed with the music. Except from toddlers, they often love to dance and I let them as I guess it builds motor skills. Anyway, I think our sims might reflect our focus, so if you focus on your stereo by moving it, replacing it or even switch channels often, those actions might cause your sims to dance more. *I think*
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg