Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Community Type lot type advice please

So I've spent AGES building a community lot that I've named the Casa Cacti Country Club (I deleted the house on that lot as I never play it) & I'd like some advice as to what the best community lot type would be best for it. It has a gym, a cafe, spa treatments (massage & mani/pedi chairs), a yoga room, meditation room, change rooms of course, a pool, a splash zone & a children's creche. At various times during construction it has been variously labeled as a gym, spa, cafe, pool etc so that I could make sure I didn't forget any essential item. But now I'm not quite sure what would be the best lot type to give it so that all functions can be used, with appropriate employees etc. Would generic be the best one? Or should it be something else. I'm hoping it's actually possible to do this & is probably something I should have checked before I got started, but this is where I find myself. I reaaaaallllly hope it's possible!

Comments

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Community Rec Center or Generic.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I think the Spa lot type is the best because unlike gyms and pools, Spas spawn a bar keeper.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited April 2023
    I agree, spa would be the best. You wont get a cafe keeper, but almost everything else will be covered and sims will use the gym too from my experience.

Generic lots don't get any visitors or staff.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    My idea with a similar lot I built at Torendi Tower is to change the Lot Type manually depending on what my Sim was about to do. Torendi Tower is now Torendi Tower Youth Centr. It features pool, gym, yoga, meditation, DJ, karaoke, cafe and cinema…

So it is set as Spa in Gallery and I will change to NightClub if my Sim is going to party for the evening.

LittleMsSam has a small mod which allows for generation of the barista. It’s called auto employees. Very helpful.

By the way. Gallery ID is moppy14w

• Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    It’s hard to make the cafe or a shop work without setting their lot type. Maybe with mods but otherwise those parts just go unattended.

Everything else should work with spa, and gym and rec centre would be interesting too. Try a few and see what works best for you.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

For a lot as versatile as that, you may (and will) need to change it time to time in game-play. I do NOT suggest Generic.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I've never made a generic lot, apparently that's bad advice. I have made a spa and a thriftea store though, and both of those spawned workers and a bartender (in the case of the spa).
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    Thanks everyone. I've downloaded LittleMsSam's Auto Employees mod & changed the lot type to spa but haven't gone back in to see how it works now. Otherwise, I'll just keep changing the lot type according to what my Sim is doing there. I hope it works out - I spent a lot of time building it & am pretty happy with how it turned out.