Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW: TV Families Legacy Challenge

I've been waiting to post this here! So, I was messing around in the Sims 4 and came up with this Legacy Challenge. It's a 10-generation challenge with TV Families put in order from oldest show to newest show... When I wrote it down, it was about 8 pages long in my word document and I decided to stop there but feel free to add your favorite families in there as well. Obviously, I didn't throw in some families like the Huxtables or the Bunkers (Bill Cosby was a horrible person IRL and although Archie Bunker wasn't a bad person, he was pretty racist) but feel free to play them if you see fit. You also don't have to play them in the order in which they're written, you can mix them up.

TV Family Legacy Challenge:

Same Legacy challenge rules except you are allowed to use mods and cheats, specifically for gender-based heirs. Infants can't be aged up unless they age up naturally. Children & Teenagers can be aged up if they reach their aspiration goals, become an A student, or age up naturally. Unless prompted, you can choose whichever heir you choose.

Generation 1: The Addamses

“They’re creepy and they’re kooky, mysterious and spooky, they’re all together ooky, the Addams Family”

Starts with a patriarchal household (Gomez Addams)
Must have either Successful Lineage or Famously Wealthy Aspiration
Must have Romantic and Gloomy traits
Must have a partner with the same traits, but Soulmate Aspiration
Inherited money, so you or your partner don’t have to work a day in your life (feel free to use the Motherlode cheat to become filthy stinking rich)
Optional: Add Fester and/or Grandmama, if you’d like.
Must have at least 3 children, and at least 1 of those children must be a boy. This will be your heir.

Generation 2: The Munsters

“The lesson I want you to learn is: It doesn't matter what you look like. You can be tall or short or fat or thin, or ugly or handsome, like your father, or you can be black or yellow or white. It doesn't matter. But what does matter is the size of your heart and the strength of your character.”

After growing up in a family who was wealthy, you didn’t need to work. You had all the money you could ever need. Now you can focus on raising your family. Your story begins as a young adult.

Patriarchal head (Sam Dracula)
Optional Pack: Sims 4 Vampires/Werewolves
Must have Successful Lineage aspiration
Must have Gloomy and genius traits
Must have at least 1 daughter, and the daughter must marry a green man (who has the personality trait Childish) and live with you.
Have 1 grandson, who will be the heir for the next generation.

Generation 3: The Bradys

“Here’s a story, of a lovely lady, who was bringing up 3 very lovely girls. All of them had hair of gold, like their mother, the youngest one in curls.”

Growing up, you were sheltered and didn’t get to talk to people all that much. When you finally meet someone, it’s love at first sight. You settle down in a nice house and raise your family together. Your story begins as a young adult.

Patriarchal Head (Mike Brady)
Must have Big Happy Family aspiration
Must have Romantic and Family-Oriented traits
Must have 6 children, 3 girls and 3 boys. The youngest girl or boy will be the heir.
Must have a maid.
Optional Pack: Sims 4 Cats & Dogs

Generation 4: The Partridges

“We had a dream, we'd go travelin' together, We'd spread a little lovin' then we'd keep movin' on.
Somethin' always happens whenever we're together We get a happy feelin' when we're singing a song.”

Growing up in a large family, you were used to being invisible, after all, you were the youngest girl. You meet a guy, have some kids. You then become the lead singer for your kids’ band, although at first you’re too shy to be in front of people. Your story begins as a young adult.

Matriarchal Head (Shirley Partridge)
Must have Musical Genius aspiration
Must follow and max out the Singer occupation
Must have Family Oriented and Outgoing traits
Must have 5 kids: 2 girls, 3 boys
Marry your soulmate and then lose him once the oldest son becomes a teenager.

Or

Generation 4: The Ricardos

“Lucy, you got some ‘splainin’ to do!”

Growing up in a large family, you were used to being invisible, after all, you were the youngest boy. You meet the love of your life and together you move into a small house, and you follow your dream of becoming a lounge singer. Your story begins as a young adult.

Patriarchal Head (RIcky Ricardo)
Must have Musical Genius aspiration
Must follow and max out the Singer career path
Must have Hot-headed and Music Lover traits
Must have at least 1 son
Must have a wife that has red hair, and has the traits of Family-Oriented and Jealous traits
Optional Pack: Sims 4 Dine Out- Open your own restaurant and become successful.

Generation 5: The Tanners

“Whatever happened to predictablity? The paperboy, milkman, evening TV? You miss your old familiar friends waiting just around the bend.”

With your family being successful in music, you move into a big house and meet your partner. You get married and get a job working in Journalism. Your story begins as a young adult.

Patriarchal Head (Danny Tanner)
Must have the Best-Selling author aspiration
Must follow the Journalist career path
Must have Neat and Family-Oriented traits
Must have at least 3 daughters
Lose wife in a tragic accident
Optional: Add Joey and Uncle Jesse to your household

Generation 6: The Winslows

“It’s a rare condition, this day and age, to read any good news on the newspaper page. And love and tradition of the grand design, some people say it’s even harder to find. Well, there must be some magic clue inside these gentle walls cause all I see is a tower of dreams, real love bursting out of every seam.”

After a long successful line of entertainers, you decide to take a different approach. After you move out, you fall in love with a non-entertainer, get married, and move into a house big enough for 8 people. Your story begins as a young adult.

Matriarchal Head (Estelle Winslow)
Must have Big Happy Family aspiration
Must have Family-Oriented and Cheerful traits
Must marry a man who is in the law enforcement field (Secret Agent if you don't have the Get to Work or Discover University Packs)
Must have a son who becomes a police officer
Son (Hot-Headed and Family-Oriented traits) and wife must live with you after your husband dies.
Have at least 3 grandchildren
Optional: Add Aunt Rachel and Ritchie to household
Also Optional: Make Steve Urkel

Generation 7: The Banks

“I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie ‘Yo holmes, smell ya later’ Looked at my kingdom I was finally there to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.”

Inspired by your father, you decided to follow in his footsteps and join a criminal justice career. You worked from the ground up and became a successful judge, married a beautiful woman, and settled down in a mansion in the fanciest part of town. Your story begins as a young adult.

Patriarchal Head (Phillip Banks)
Must have either the Successful Lineage or Fabulously Wealthy aspiration
Must have a career in Secret Agent (Base Game)
Must have Foodie and Hot-Headed traits
Must have a maid or butler
Must have at least 4 children (2 girls, 2 boys)
Nephew comes to live with you (Nephew’s traits should be Romantic and Ambitious)
Optional: Add Jazz as Will’s best friend
Optional Packs: Get to Work for Detective career or DIscover University for Judge career

Generation 8: The Spellmans

“What’s the matter? I have to be a witch, I have to be a mortal, I have to be a teenager, and I have to be a girl, all at the same time. That’s what’s the matter.”

You have a good life, you’re living with your sister, and you have a good relationship with your brothers. You’re not too fond of the fact that one of your brothers married a woman who is so unlike the family, but, you love him all the same. You’ve offered to take your brother’s daughter should he end up dying. Your story starts when you reach young adult.

Matriarchal Head (Zelda or HIlda Spellman)
Must have the Big Happy Family aspiration
Must have the Neat and Ambitious traits (Zelda) or Childish and Slob traits (Hilda)
Must work in some sort of Science field (Zelda)
Must be good friends with both of your brothers.
Take in your niece when she’s a child and raise her after her parents’ early demise.
Optional Packs: Realm of Magic and/or Cats & Dogs

Generation 9: The Gilmores

“If you’re out on the road, feeling lonely and so cold, all you have to do is call my name and I’ll be there on the next train. If you need me, I will follow, anywhere that you tell me to.”

Losing your parents at a young age and being sent to live with your aunts wasn’t exactly something that you were thrilled about. Which is why you become a wild child. Your story starts when you reach teenager.

Matriarchal Head (Lorelai Gilmore)
Must have Successful Lineage aspiration
Must have Cheerful and Ambitious traits
Must be in the Management branch of the Business career path
Get pregnant as a teen
Have at least 1 daughter
Must not start dating again until your heir is a teenager

Generation 10: The Prouds

“You and me will always be tight. Family every single day and night, even when you start acting like a fool, you know I’m loving every single thing you do. I know that I can always be myself around you more than anybody else.”

As a young adult, you begin to resent your mother for having you way too young and you begin to put a rift between you and your mom so you move out and get married to a swinger. Your story begins when you turn into a young adult.

Matriarchal Head (Suga Mama)
Must have the Successful Lineage aspiration
Must have Family-Oriented and Lazy traits
Must have 1 son with the Master Chef aspiration; Foodie and Ambitious traits
Your son gets married and has 3 children (2 of them have to be twins)
After your husband dies, you move in with your son and his family
Optional Pack: Cats & Dogs

(You can either end it with the Prouds or you can continue with other generations)

Optional Generations

The Stephens (Bewitched)

Patriarchal Head (Darrin Stephens)
Must have Soulmate aspiration
Must join the Management path of the Business career
Realm of Magic: Must be married to a Spellcaster (Optional)
Have 2 children

The Bundys (Married... with Children)

Patriarchal Head (Al Bundy)
Must have Party Animal aspiration
Must have Slob and Mean traits
Must have 2 children (1st child when you’re a teenager)
Get to Work: Own your own retail store (Optional)
Marry the mother of your child
Wife must have Materialistic and Lazy traits

The Taylors (The Andy Griffith Show)

Patriarchal Head (Andy Taylor)
Must have Angling Ace aspiration
Must have Loves the Outdoors trait
Must join a career that involves Law Enforcement (Special Agent – Base Game, Detective – Get to Work, Judge – DIscovering University
Marry and have 1 son
Lose your wife

The Arnolds (The Wonder Years)

Patriarchal Head (Jack Arnold)
Must have the Big Happy Family aspiration
Must have Hot-Headed trait
Must join the Management branch of the Business career
Must have 3 children

The Taylors (Home Improvement)

Patriarchal Head (Tim Taylor)
Must have Nerd Brain aspiration
Must max out Handiness level
Must have 3 children
Must have Outgoing and Family-Oriented traits

I may come back and edit this with new optional generations. Enjoy!

Edit: Found out Grandpa Munster actually had a name.... Had to update....
Post edited by AlleyKat213 on

Comments

• Options
    AlleyKat213AlleyKat213 Posts: 58 Member
    So, um, this one's going to be so chaotic.... I'm currently doing a test of it, and started with the Addamses.... A couple of things that have happened in just one generation:

1.) Gomez caught on fire from the fireplace and Morticia had to plead with the grim reaper to get him to come back to life....
    2.) DO NOT LET FESTER COOK! He WILL set fire to something. Imagine having to replace a grill or a fridge and stove 1 billion times because Fester has caused another fire.
    3.) As a result of Fester's fires, and having 1 toddler and 1 infant constantly needing attention, I forgot that I had to replace the stove and the fridge, so Morticia died of starvation, and Gomez was so busy with the toddler and the infant that he didn't get to the grim reaper in time to save Morticia's life....

And this is all just the 1st generation.... It's just plain chaos, and I just love it.
  • Options
    Just an update:

1.) Wednesday is now a young adult, Sam Dracula is now a teenager, as is the 3rd child (a daughter named Ivy)
    2.) Ivy and Wednesday are now following in Fester's footsteps and setting fires.

So, yeah, almost as chaotic as usual... This is all I have to report for now
  • Options
    Update 3: On the second gen.... The heir has moved out, found a wife and has had his 1 baby.... So far nothing uneventful.... I shall update you if anything chaotic happens....
  • Options
    Welp.... Sam's significant other died of starvation, even though there have been no need to replace the fridge or stove... It's fine, I was planning on killing her off anyway...