Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco inspector keeps coming though I have the option turned off

Like the title says I have the Eco Footprint turned off in the Packs section of gameplay. But the inspector keeps coming around and raising the expenses.

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    The inspector is connected to certain Neighborhood Action Plans, which is separate from the Eco Footprint.
  • Options
    SimminDragonSimminDragon Posts: 34 Member
    I do not have eco because of all of this. Is there a way to turn off the action plans all together? If I'm able to turn off the footprint and action plans, I might consider it when it becomes less than half off again.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I do not have eco because of all of this. Is there a way to turn off the action plans all together? If I'm able to turn off the footprint and action plans, I might consider it when it becomes less than half off again.

There is an option to turn off voting for NAP's for NPC. It doesn't disable NAP but disables random NAP's be voted. No NAP will come into action unless you as a player choose to vote for them. You will still get messages about voting but no NAP will become active. If you turn this off right away after installing the pack without any NAP active, you should be safe. If you already have NAP active, they will stay active until you repeal them. I turned voting off right after installing the pack and never had issues with it.

There is a separate option to turn off eco footprints. I have it turned off as well and it seems to be working fine.
  • Options
    RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    If you are on PC and don't have an aversion to using cheats, you can enable cheats and then shift click the mailbox to use the instant repeal and instant enact NAPs.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    The inspector is connected to certain Neighborhood Action Plans, which is separate from the Eco Footprint.

Ahh. So I'd have to disable the NPC ability to vote as well, it seems. Thank you. I was hoping to avoid that but will do and see what happens.
  • Options
    If you are on PC and don't have an aversion to using cheats, you can enable cheats and then shift click the mailbox to use the instant repeal and instant enact NAPs.

Thanks. I might give that a try if nothing else works.

• Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »

There is an option to turn off voting for NAP's for NPC. It doesn't disable NAP but disables random NAP's be voted. No NAP will come into action unless you as a player choose to vote for them. You will still get messages about voting but no NAP will become active. If you turn this off right away after installing the pack without any NAP active, you should be safe. If you already have NAP active, they will stay active until you repeal them. I turned voting off right after installing the pack and never had issues with it.

There is a separate option to turn off eco footprints. I have it turned off as well and it seems to be working fine.

I hadn't been paying attention to what the neighbors were voting on. It makes sense and I'll try to repeal it. I'm not sure I want to start them over.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    KatsKats wrote: »

I hadn't been paying attention to what the neighbors were voting on. It makes sense and I'll try to repeal it. I'm not sure I want to start them over.

I don't mind the eco footprint. You can put like a million solar panels or something overlapping with "Move Objects" on a venue if you need to, haha! But yes I've considered turning it off a few times.

The NAP thing though. Can be fun in some worlds, but generally I find it a pain in most. NPC voting off does the trick, but one household needs to vote per world and area to get either a NAP repealed, or one that you don't mind having in for fun or a challenge.

"Sharing is caring" is the worse though. Random NPC's will materialize out of thin air, steal your stuff, then poof away back into thin air. :#:D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png