Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me pick the Extreme Sports Enthusiast

EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
I'm playing through an aspiration legacy challenge and it's been chaos. Now I'm coming up on the dreaded (by me) Extreme Sports Enthusiast aspiration. It's dreaded because it's both skill based (i.e. grindy) and location based (i.e. inflexible), so this person will have to spend a whole lot of time in one location. I've narrowed it down to three possibilities and I'd like you to help me pick. Explanations for why you support your pick are welcome.

1.The person on the right is Arthur, he was born into this legacy. He has the Happy Toddler trait and the creatively gifted trait. He works as a project manager for Rainy Day entertainment (Tech Guru). He is currently juggling level three of both the City Native and Computer Whiz aspirations. I could have him take on Extreme Sports Enthusiast after he completes Computer Whiz.
2. The one on the left you might already know. Paka'a Uha is Arthur's brother-in-law, who married into this legacy. He is currently on level 2 of the Curator aspiration. He works as a self-employed video producer. I could have him pick up the Extreme Sports Enthusiast aspiration at any time.
3. The little guy in the middle is Paka'a's son Tai. He's a blank slate at this point. No job, no aspiration. He could pick up Extreme Sports Enthusiast when he ages up to a teen.

Extreme-Sports-Contestants.png
-No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
-Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
-No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
Post edited by Eleri on

Help me pick the Extreme Sports Enthusiast 26 votes

Arthur
11%
DarkLady2788JustinB113skip 3 votes
Paka'a
34%
IrishSimmer21StrangerthankerryemmiebethSelinaKylesEnkiSchmidtStarfreeVivi_WillowTreeAtreya33RavenSpit 9 votes
Tai
53%
xoJessiPaigeisin5RedDestiny92Colton147147HomeMamajoRN1414SERVERFRAAmapola76GordySimmingalIsharellHavenRosesinisterlemonsDivapixie 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Paka'a
    Going by his theme, Paka'a would probably be interested in making a skiing video (something that unlocks at high or maximum skill). I don't know if he has to do that for the aspiration, but it would be a nice touch.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Paka'a
    Paka'a would be good as he has more free time to devote than Arthur since he can do his video production pretty much anytime.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023
    Arthur
    Arthur because his toddler trait boost his skill learning so he will do it faster. And it sounds like you want to get through it quickly.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    Paka'a
    I think either paka'a or tai. Paka'a as a self employed video producer sounds as someone interested in making videos about extreme sports. The toddler just because he is so cute and not yet tied to a career.

I did this aspiration a few months ago and enjoyed it. I turned one of the rentals in the snowy part into a residential so my sims didn't have to travel to ski/snowboard/climb but could work on the skill in between daily life.
  • Options
    Update on our three gentlemen:

Arthur: Now on level 4 of both of his aspirations, but they're both likely to take a while yet. Waiting for Geek Con to roll around and completing all of those hours on the computer.
    Paka'a: Is middle-aged now. Didn't even realize he had a birthday coming up. He's almost finished with level 3 of the Curator aspiration.
    Tai: Is a child now. I started him on the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration, now on level 2. I figured it's a safe bet because, if he doesn't take the Extreme Sports aspiration, the next on the list is Fabulously Wealthy. He could be an inter-stellar smuggler, which pays really well and requires max fitness. I gave him the adventurous trait because that works equally well for extreme sports and inter-stellar smuggling.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Tai
    How do you "juggle" aspirations?
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Paka'a
    @Amapola76 it's easy. You can switch aspirations at any time without losing progress. Say your sim was on the third level of master chef & you wanted him/her to do the acting aspiration. You would just click the aspiration icon then click the icon at the top of your list of aspiration tasks then choose the acting aspiration & click the checkmark. If you want to switch back to the master chef one just do the same thing. You'll be at the exact same point that you were at when you switched to the acting aspiration.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Tai
    He can start early and still be young when he completes it. Since Paka'a is now middle-aged you may have to age him down.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited February 2023
    Paka'a
    Id also go with Paka'a.
    Btw. for skill learning only, there are skill books on skiing/snowboarding not sure about climbing, at a certain level you can also research on the pc and if you have the fitness stuffpack, the climbing wall builds climbing skill.
    And maybe there are Uni classes? Idk that tho.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Tai
    Starfree wrote: »
    @Amapola76 it's easy. You can switch aspirations at any time without losing progress. Say your sim was on the third level of master chef & you wanted him/her to do the acting aspiration. You would just click the aspiration icon then click the icon at the top of your list of aspiration tasks then choose the acting aspiration & click the checkmark. If you want to switch back to the master chef one just do the same thing. You'll be at the exact same point that you were at when you switched to the acting aspiration.

Thanks! That is great to know. All this time, and I just assumed that you would lose progress if you switched.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I've made up my mind that I'm not going to give Arthur any more aspirations. Once he's finished the two he has, I'll remove him from the rotation and move him out to a place of his own. This will make space for Paka'a's first grandchild. I just decided it makes more sense for that grandchild to be raised temporarily in the grandparents' home.

I looked up what @EnkiSchmidt was talking about and it's actually snowboarding, not skiing, that allows you to record videos. It's not required for the aspiration, but it actually dovetails really well. If Paka'a takes the aspiration, he'll go the snowboarding route and add extreme sports videos to his content. If Tai takes on Extreme Sports Enthusiast, I'm going to make him a skier because that just seems more James Bond to me.

@RavenSpit that's really useful! I knew about books before, but I forget to use them because, most of the time, it's more efficient to do an activity.
    Post edited by Eleri on
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Paka'a
    Eleri wrote: »
    @RavenSpit that's really useful! I knew about books before, but I forget to use them because, most of the time, it's more efficient to do an activity.

True, there is a lot trait tho that makes them gain skills faster from reading, dont remember what its called right now tho.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    I finally decided that Tai (on the right) is going to be the Extreme Sports Enthusiast and his little brother, Hamon (left) will be Fabulously Wealthy. Here Hamon is practicing his photography for his future career in fashion.

Tai-and-Hamon.png