Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 won't be an MMO confirm!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    edited March 2023
    I am still very cautiously taking a wait and see attitude. It not being an MMO doesn't mean the addition of multiplayer won't cause the single player side to suffer, I have seen it in to many other titles by EA that used to be single player only. I need to see more before I am convinced, as others have said, I don't trust them.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2023
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    I am still very cautiously taking a wait and see attitude. It not being an MMO doesn't mean the addition of multiplayer won't cause the single player side to suffer, I have seen it in to many other titles by EA that used to be single player only. I need to see more before I am convinced, as others have said, I don't trust them.

I agree as Sims 5 may have two options and that mean will there be a balance of what options will get the most attention meaning gameplay upgrades. However, both options could still exist, and SP can still have a sandbox with no ending unlike in some other games that have SP and MP in which the SP option does have an endpoint and the MP option no endpoint and Sims had never had an endpoint due to its design and development. But everything is still speculation as there is not enough info yet.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    edited March 2023
    They made it clear on the stream that project rene will not be an MMO.That single player is still a part of the sims and multiplayer is only an option.If you want someone to play with you.

Love this. :) I may yet give it a try when its ready now that is the case.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    At this point in time, I'm simply unwilling to start all over again. Base games are dull, for one, but the game itself is costly, especially over time. Hubby and I are facing Retirement, which means very limited income. Probably not a whole lot of disposable income. I will stick with Sims 4 for now.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    At this point in time, I'm simply unwilling to start all over again. Base games are dull, for one, but the game itself is costly, especially over time. Hubby and I are facing Retirement, which means very limited income. Probably not a whole lot of disposable income. I will stick with Sims 4 for now.

I know the feeling.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

I hope your and your husband enjoy retirement.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I can't tell you how happy I am that multi-player is only an option. I'm sure there are some people that would like multi-player, so the option is good, but personally I wouldn't even consider buying the game if you were forced to play it that way. I like being in my own personal world.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I am still cynical about it.
    I've experienced EA's take on a single player game with multi-player.
    They diluted the single player experience to encourage more gamers to play in multiplayer.

Wait and see for me before I let excitement carry me away.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Fully with you on the cynical. EA has proven themselves unworthy of our trust thanks to too many broken things being rushed onto the market.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Did they say how the multiplayer feature would work on the livestream if not MMO?
    Would be like StrangerVille, you have a ‘mission’ to complete or you just tour another player’s city?

Sims 3 had Simport with Showtime. Can Sims apply for work in another player’s world? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️. It depends on the options for me. I would like to know I can ensure another player can’t just remove something etc.

Also would players need the same packs etc to connect? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Also would players need the same packs etc to connect? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

BINGO!
    Seem this as one or the main reason to no possible to be a MMO without make The Sims a live service
    Players than want connect with each other, need same packs
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Not into MMOs only Lan play.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen