Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My List of Ideas for 2023

BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
edited February 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I came here to post one suggestion and now my head is exploding with ideas. I just want to list them and knock them out of my noggin.

Adoption Ideas: I would like to see EA allow us to adopt teenagers, twins, siblings together and the elderly. I believe expanding on adoption will add an interesting dynamic to our storytelling. I think it would add some interesting scenario challenges. Players like me like to make things interesting for our Sims. I think this idea would be popular with many players.

Pre-Teens as a development stage I think there needs to be a difference between pre-teens, younger teens and older teens. There are things that are inappropriate for pre-teens and younger teens. I'm talking about the late elementary to middle school years. My middle school started in 5th grade and went to 8th grade. But that's the age group I am talking about. It's that awkward age between childhood and adolescents. Your body is changing, but some kids change early, while others change later. They should be taller than a child, but slightly shorter than a teenager. The difference between a teenager and a preteen, is that the teenager is looking more like an adult, whereas the pre-teen looks more like an older kid or a kid in their early teen years. They should have a slightly awkward look about them. With pre-teens we can add braces, awkward class photos from school, awkward birds and the bees talk from parents and permission from parents to skip P.E. . At this age kids want expensive things. But they are too young to be legally employed. So, they can offer or advertise to do odd jobs for people. Odd jobs include, paper route, yard work, babysitting (children or pets), ask neighbors for their recycling containers or helping elderly with simple chores around the house. Pre-teens are old enough to babysit their own younger siblings, but too young to go on a date without a chaperone. They should start developing romantic crushes about this time. But they can only express themselves in simple ways, such as, say an awkward hi, giving your crush a note, asking your crush if they like you and even holding hands. They can ask if they want to stay and hang out. But if it's a date, their parents or a trusted adult should be there. With pre-teens there a lot of awkward moments. They would prefer that their parents didn't talk to them or show affection Infront of their friends. I think the most valuable thing about the pre-teen years is this when Sims can learn to manage their emotions better. That way they can become well-adjusted adult Sims verses Sims you just created already as adults. The pre-teen years should be when Sims learn to handle awkward and embarrassing moments. Let pre-teens act out, so that their parents can come in and give them a heart-to-heart talk. Each time their parent has a heart-to-heart conversation, their child learns to handle their emotions better. It could be similar to how you train a dog. Parents should be able to choose the conversation they want to have with their child. It could be topics like Being in love, learning how to deal with bullies, learning how to treat others with respect, learning manners, talking about their grades, teaching them to manage their time better and sharing stories about the parent's awkward moments. Things like this should be added to help parents teach and develop their child's growth into adulthood. Parents should still be teaching their children lessons throughout their lives. That leads to my other suggestion.

Parents should still teach their children throughout their lives: I don't like that parents stop teaching their children lessons after they become toddlers. Parents still teach their children manners, responsibility, how to manage their emotions and how to treat others. Parents should give their children chores. Children are quite capable of helping with dishes, cooking, dusting and vacuuming. They can give dogs a bath. Having a pet or a younger sibling, can help a child learn empathy and learn how to treat others. Parents should be able to have heart-to-heart conversations at any point of their child's lives, while they are still alive. If young adult sims are still living with their parents, their parents should be able to get on their case about getting a job or going to college, if they are unemployed. If they're young adult sim married, they can ask them when they plan to have children. Parents should be able to express their disapproval of their choice of friends or love interests. It doesn't have to all be negative though. Parents should also express how proud they are of their adult children. They could offer inspiration, when your Sim could use some inspiration. Parents should be able to criticize, say back handed compliments, as well as genuine compliments. Young adult and adult Sims should be able to argue with their parents. But hurt feelings can always be resolved, which helps create a tighter bond or continue with your love hate relationship.

Lawncare Let the grass grow. Listen to your neighbors complain about your overgrown lawn or about someone else overgrown lawn. Give older Sims a reason to yell at younger Sims to get off their lawn. Make the highlight of your adult sim life, by getting them top of the line lawn mowers and riding lawn mowers. Living off grid? Use an old-fashioned manual lawn mower or a reaper. Enjoy the sound of lawns mowing during the summer. Make kids mow the lawn for allowance or a side job. Manage to keep your grass healthy or hire someone to do it. Add golfing so that you can show off and enjoy your beautiful lawn.

Playtime without toys: Tag, Hide-N-Seek, Kick the Can, Simmon Says or Pattycake.

Playtime with outside toys Jump rope, skip rope, skateboard, hopscotch, and marbles.

Entrepreneur Sims We don't want to just buy a business; we want to help our Sims run their own business. I want my Sim to manage his own clothing store. I want my Sim to bake for her own bakery or be the chef for her own restaurant. We want our Sims to be the reputable veterinarian that all the Sims will trust with their beloved pets. Sims should run their own food truck or run their own kiosk. Children should be able to set up their own lemonade stand or hot dog stand. Use this to help teach your kids how to manage their money and work with others.

Horses

Cars

Retirement Homes Dedicate world to senior living. Anyone younger can be visitors. I'm guessing something like Florida. Let our senior Sims retire and enjoy their final years. We need a place to put our Golden Girl Sims. One of the lots should be really nice condo apartments and another lot could some townhouses. Let's bring townhouses into the game. Let radios be able to play music from the Depression Era, World War 2 generation, 50s and 60s sounding music. Let the seniors identify with the music of their time. Since young people don't know what current old people want to hear. Normally senior Sims should avoid too much activity. There is a chance they might come to life when one of their favorite old song plays, which could rejuvenate and help the live a little longer. There should be things that seniors can do to increase their lifespan a little longer. Yoga, senior exercises, visits to the spa, eating healthier, taking vitamins and regular checkups. But as they get older, it will eventually get very difficult to do most things. Allow seniors to be bed ridden in their final days or hours. Let loved ones get a chance to say goodbye to their dying Sims. Allow Sims to leave an inheritance behind.

Funerals Let's make it official this year. We technically can arrange small funerals. But there should a little more for sims to grieve their loss. Allow Sims to die from something that doesn't kill them right away. Allow sims to be bedridden, live in hospitals and require in home care. If we can manage babies, then we should be able to manage dying Sims. Yes, it's sad. But the Sim is to safe and happy. I know it's weird, that we want sadness for realism. But I'm tired of EA bubble wrapping the Sims and allow their world to be a bit harsher. Now I think there is a chance that a Sim should be cured from their disease. Maybe make it optional if they should die or just be sick for a time. But I'm talking about funerals. All Sims should be able to write a living will, demanding how they want to handle your remains and how you would like your funeral. A Sim should be able to pick from burial, cremation or decomposition. With funerals we should have morgues, where Sims can identify a dead body and dead Sims can be prepared for funerals, cremations or placed in a cubical where their body can decompose naturally. Honestly, I would love to see natural decomposition promoted by EA through the Sims. It is better for the environment. But many are unaware that it is an option. It's also gentle on the grieving process. Because it takes a body time to decompose. Loved ones can still look at the loved ones. It's less traumatic seeing someone being placed underground. I would love to see this in the Sims. But also love an excuse to have morgues in the game.

Okay, I think I am done wasting time dumping ideas here. Now, I can move on and sleep at night.
Post edited by Blackkatness on