Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's Something You Always Do In Your Sims Games?

What's Something You Always Do In Your Sims Games?

I'll start:
1) If they are an occult sim, I cheat their occult powers and skills
2) Always give them Waterproof, Storm Chaser, Heatproof, Ice Proof, and Fresh Chef traits via Cheats
3) Never start a game with kids already in my household

Your Turn!

Comments

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I always use the freerealestate cheat to give them them a really good house.

They always have to have at least one kid. (I’m a huge family player)

I always spoil them rotten. :D

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited January 2023
    I always start a new sim with some skills cheated in. They did not get to be an adult without knowing how to cook a basic meal or do basic repairs on the bathroom.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    My kids always achieve top notch toddler, max out all 5 toddler skills.

My sims always achieve a pristine reputation before aging up to young adult.

There are some traits my sims will never have. Gloomy, glutton, lazy, slob, evil, mean, hates children, paranoid, erratic.

• Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    :) OO, fun.

1) Sims3, create a sim and most of the time they are really colorful.

2) Play and get really excited if alien abducted. :)

3) Have at least one toddler in the house. I love toddlers. :)

4) Take pictures.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 2023
    1. I too use freerealestate quite a bit but only because my builds tend to get ridiculously expensive for no real reason and I don't think living in tent really should have 100 000 price tag :lol: the sims pay their bills with their own efforts though

2. I pretty much always build my sims home to completion of some kind before playing them because I just don't really like to play the whole buy toilet buy fridge buy 1 counter decorate one room thing that often

its all or nothing really

3. kill cheerful/good sims off for no good reason or make it so they are secretly very evil or whatever

I don't even have excuse really
    something about those trait being one of sims defining 3 traits just annoys my brain so much

4. put two cool sims together and they make 1-3 kids and they probably have very gothic house and many artsy hobbies and kids are straight A students because I cannot escape this trope even though I really have to so I start screaming AAAAAAAAA in my brain everytime i notice i did it again p_p

5.Vampires. or I like to think occults in general but really its about 90% Vampires.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Give them the temperature immunity reward traits.

Give them the waterproof and storm chaser sim traits.

Give them the Shameless and Carefree traits.

Give them the reward traits that slow motive depletion.

Flag them for no motive decay.

Unless I'm making new townies, flag them for no career.

And Free Real Estate command if I want to move the sim(s) into an empty house.

Also, I take a ton of screenshots.

And if the game generates new townies, I save and go into manage worlds (making sure cas.fulleditmode is on) and check out their outfits. Any townies that don't have good outfits get a makeover.

e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I almost always give the Frugal trait once the sims have built up enough aspiration points. Carefree and Shameless typically follow. I always have a thermostat unless I'm playing a themed save where that doesn't fit. Spellcasters almost always have to complete the Spellcaster knowledge aspiration before doing anything else, and my students typically have to do the university aspiration.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    My sims always seem to have suffering or struggles in their lives. I don't plan it out that way (unless it's a specific challenge), but I tend to lean into that stuff when the game brings it.
    But then, it's so easy to be happy in this game that the suffering or struggles are rarely permanent :)
    There are some traits my sims will never have. Gloomy, glutton, lazy, slob, evil, mean, hates children, paranoid, erratic.

@simgirl1010 I think I've played sims with all those traits except paranoid, and I don't have the pack that paranoid comes from.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I give my household the skills & traits that they need, plus some added hidden multi occult traits thanks to the many cheat codes. Oh, & yes they can be human. I'll give you two words: Equip & Remove.
    This is all done on 100% Vanilla with up to date packs, no CCs or Mods.
  • Options
    SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    I always end up creating themed restaurants, ever since Dine Out was released. Sometimes this is in response to challenges which get passed back and forth between myself and a couple gaming friends, other times I just come up with some idea which strikes me as entertaining.

The latest one I've done is an island themed comedy breakfast cafe, situated in Sulani. It was designed in response to a challenge, but I've had it running actively under the ownership of Duane Talla, who became a professional comedian as an adult. No one has yet died laughing over their scrambled eggs, most likely because breakfast hours aren't long enough for customers to remain in a lengthy state of hysteria.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Before I even create a sim, I always build their house or redesign an existing one, making sure it's fully furnished. I then use the real estate cheat to make it all free so the new sim pays for nothing
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,091 Member
    My kids always achieve top notch toddler, max out all 5 toddler skills.

I do the same. Every child of my sim self's has this trait except one when the Top Notch Toddler trait was bugged and never appeared when she aged up to a child.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I try to change up how I play every save but here’s a short list:
    1. Every family member gets the always welcome trait.
    2. I try to not make perfect sims. I use all of the traits except hates children. I despise people that hate kids in real life. You can not want them or even not want to be around them but to hate and mistreat a child is disgusting. I won’t deal with it in my games.
    3. I try not to give my sims perfect lives. Tragedy and hardships happen. I just roll with it. Except in my current save. I refuse to let Salim die this soon…he’s tried…twice.
    4. I incorporate premades (usually Zoe, Penny, Salim or Gavin) into my save. Even when I try not to, they still wiggle their way in so I don’t fight it anymore.
    5. Toddlers have to max their skills before aging up.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    Every sim I have ever played for more than a day has been to a city living festival. And most of them have maxed out cooking, they only get away with that if I have a lot of sims in house. Someone in my household always gardens too.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,091 Member
    Before I even create a sim, I always build their house or redesign an existing one, making sure it's fully furnished. I then use the real estate cheat to make it all free so the new sim pays for nothing

I do the opposite. For my main six houses, i like to keep a log of when they were last sold etc and like in real life, i like to make the value go up slightly. For example the last house to sell in Llama Lagoon Newcrest sold in 1986 for $68,485 simoleans. When sold again in 1992 with updated appliances and new furniture added it sold for $70,002 simoleans.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    I don’t really do much every time, by which I mean there isn’t much I do every single save. The only thing is that I assign each of my Sims a colour and have their outfits be primarily in that colour. It particularly helps when I have twins (which I nearly always do haha) and I can tell them apart, as I always assign them a different colour. I did once have a pair of twins dress completely identically, colours included, and now when I look at screenshots I can’t tell who’s who. (I’ve since deleted the save so it’s not like I can go and check).
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Select an empty lot and build a custom house, usually Victorian or inspired by one
    Play Lana McKennon from the sim bin, either as leading character or close supporting character. Always tweaked in some way.
    Send sim(s) to Selvadoria once necessary skills are at least 4 or 5
    Go nuts on finding harvestables and starting a garden. The Spice and Romance festivals are prime seed sources.
    Ditto for posters and snow globes
    Establish a garlic patch by front door as soon as possible.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I don’t really do much every time, by which I mean there isn’t much I do every single save. The only thing is that I assign each of my Sims a colour and have their outfits be primarily in that colour. It particularly helps when I have twins (which I nearly always do haha) and I can tell them apart, as I always assign them a different colour. I did once have a pair of twins dress completely identically, colours included, and now when I look at screenshots I can’t tell who’s who. (I’ve since deleted the save so it’s not like I can go and check).

I do the color thing too!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Same thing all 3 games I have played, The SIMS , TS2 and now TS4

Gardening. Always garden plot or more.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Free Real Estate Cheat
    Play Premades
    Cheat Needs
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I always start a new save file with a Rags to Riches sim and turn it into a rotational legacy. I love family play but I'm a serial starter. I can't help starting off a new legacy! My longest played legacy is my Emery legacy where I am up to generation 5.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    All my Sims start out poor, with only the allotted 10,000 Simoleans. They then go out in the worlds and find harvestable fruit and veggies that they use when cooking their meals. Then they plant a small 'Kitchen Garden' so they have harvestables to sell then purchase basic items like eggs and meat. They must use fresh ingredients when cooking.

Very few of my Sims have a career. I do allow them to have parttime.jobs or they do odd jobs for extra money. And I seldom allow their funds to exceed 25,000 Simoleans because it's too easy to amass a huge fortune in Sims4. I like the challenge of keeping a general Middle Class feel in my worlds. They donate to charities a lot, as well as volunteer their time to help others and clean up the environment.

All the babies in my game are the result of my Sims marrying and starting their family. None are created in CAS. I like watching the genetics at work as the family ages up and the kids grow up, marry, then have babies of their own. The young adults are allowed to choose their own love interests and that can take a long time for some of them. They spend a lot of their time meeting and dating new Sims before they show any interest in a potential mate. I don't interfere with their choices even though it may derail the storyline I had in mind. But it creates a bit of drama when the in-laws take an immediate dislike to the new bride or groom. Or a sibling develops a strong interest in the new family member.

I enjoy knitting items then selling them on Plopsy, utilizing the woodworking table, and hitting up the recycling center for bits that can be sold for cash. Or can be used if I have a Sim who produces candles, furniture and electronic parts.

Solar panels and water catchers are placed when my Sims can afford to purchase them. In RL I am a huge fan of renewable energy.

My Sims gain skill points by doing that skill or by reading about the skill. But I freely admit I cheat their motives from time to time. Especially if their current love interest calls and wants to meet up.

Toddlers must have their skills maxed out before being aged up to a child. All children and teens must take part in after school activities. Good grades are expected and homework has to be finished before dinner is served. And both parents help with their children's needs. Equally. If Mom is busy creating candles at bedtime, Dad must read to the toddler until they fall asleep.

I don't always play the family scenario, but it is my favorite style. I have a couple of saves inhabited by single YAs that party every day and night and generally don't have a set storyline in mind. There are no rules and I love the difference in gameplay that brings whenever I get tired of playing with families.

• Options
    MMz023MMz023 Posts: 22 Member
    Kill Paparazzis in creative ways like turning them into vampires and then trapping them under the sun 😈
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    - only play my sims. Premades are back ground characters except for a very few which marry into my households.
    - My sims always start out as unmarried young adults without children.
    - the majority of my sims start out as occults or become occults very early on
    - I use freerealestate when it makes sense for my sims to own a house. But no money cheats after that moment and no selling all furniture to earn money
    - all toddlers max all skills
    - ever since I discovered the fresh chef reward trait, I have sims persue this aspiration to earn this trait. No cheating the trait
    - use the likes feature to make Sims raise fun with hobbies like painting, writing,... Some activities make sense to raise fun
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,577 Member
    I keep pause on until I check on each Sim in the household, so I know where I left off, last.

I often cheat up their needs, especially when I'm sending my Rock Star out to do his Rock Star stuff, as in concert and photoshoots. I would hate to have him empty his bladder on stage or worse.

I devise a plan of attack for gameplay.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/