Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fang flower - any specific use?

I just got aware of the Fang flower. Can't find much info on it. My sim planted it, but as it seems to be a rare thing, I wonder if it has any special qualities? Can it be used for anything like canning/deco/OR creams etc? Or is it only for growing and selling?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    If you have Eco Lifestyle, you can fizz them for a Focused drink, like any other flower. I haven't ever found any unique use for them.

They seem to have been overlooked when it comes to Flower Arranging.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Thanks. I like how they look, such a pity they can't be used for deco other than placing them on a surface.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I have never heard of a Fang flower. A Death flower, which my Sim's Obsessed Fans like to give him, which can be used to make Ambrosia, or to trade with Grimmie to avert death. Fang flower? No idea. Sorry.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > I have never heard of a Fang flower. A Death flower, which my Sim's Obsessed Fans like to give him, which can be used to make Ambrosia, or to trade with Grimmie to avert death. Fang flower? No idea. Sorry.

They come from the tentacle trees which grow on Sixam. No other source for them, with the possible exception of a random result of the Herbio spell. (Not yet had this happen myself.) Uncommon and rare seed packets do not seem to ever contain them. Can plant one and grow your own tentacle tree, which can be a very unusual looking addition to an eerie garden, along with things like plasma fruit trees and Sixam mosquito traps. If you have Seasons installed, and seasons active, tentacle trees only flower in spring (even on Sixam, which seems to have its own subtle seasons.) They're also one of the few trees which give off light.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I just use the Fang Flower with the other Flowers to make a mixed splice Flower plant in my sims gardens. ;)
  • Options
    > @SERVERFRA said:
    > I just use the Fang Flower with the other Flowers to make a mixed splice Flower plant in my sims gardens. ;)

I used to the same with tentacle trees before Seasons. Now I graft different sorts of flowers into wolfsbane bushes, as they're all season plants.