Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for New Story Ideas.. Share them Here!

BabyloveBabylove Posts: 66 Member
I've been playing the sims for a while, however, I'm starting to run into imagination blocks to keep the game fun. Share some of your favorite gameplay stories! I currently have all packs and extras so please share away.
a265r5laybyd.png
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    Velvet_LiliesVelvet_Lilies Posts: 56 Member
    Oh my, this is going to be long. Behold! The story of the Four Founder Brothers!

I like to play some sort of legacy system where a specific sim is the "heir" of their generation. My families are usually either patriarchies or matriarchies which means only a male or female heir is eligible. I also dislike playing too many children, but I don't like to cheat to get the right gender. One time, I was playing a matriarchy, and I kept getting male children. The first one was born, then the second, then the third one and when I ended up with FOUR boys and still needed to try for a girl, I started to get desperate. Note that I don't like dealing with more than two kids in a household. Not a fan of the baby/toddler/child phases in general, so I'd rather focus on the kids that I know I'm going to make something out of.

So I got a really weird idea. I built an orphanage and I transferred all the boys there. I was thinking of using it for each family with "unwanted" children, so they could grow up to adulthood without me having to intervene. The owner of the orphanage was a creepy older lady that made the kids do a bunch of chores and whatnot, very "Cinderella's step mom"-ish. I knew I was going to use the orphanage a lot with that kind of gameplay and I didn't want the owner to die at any point so I made her a vampire (but a SECRET vampire. The kids must not know!).

The older boy was the protector of his siblings, loyal, reliable and responsible, the second one was the rebellious one who kept challenging authority and trying to escape, the third one was the owner's pet, always doing what he was told and snitching on the others and the fourth one was the naive-daydreamy-oblivious one who never knew anything else and found ways to have fun despite the dire circumstances.

None of it was really planned, at first I just wanted to get rid of the kids, but I took a liking to them and it ended up being the very first time I enjoyed playing a household with so many kids in it. I thought I'd lose interest and stop playing this household at some point, and then when the kids would be grown I would move them off-world to save space or something. But stories ended up emerging from these boys: the first one became a powerful and benevolent spellcaster (he was born with the gift) unlocking the secret of immortality, the second one discovered the secret of the owner, swore to become a vampire hunter and became a werewolf out of spite (lol), the third one went on to become a vampire with the owner's blessing and cut ties with the second brother, and the fourth one decided to stay away from the supernatural and have a completely normal life (he discovered normalcy and fell in love with it, I guess haha).

In adulthood, they each founded a supernatural line (except the last one, he had a normal line), and they completely stole the spotlight from my other families. There were family feuds, mainly the Werewolf brother vs the Vampire brother. The Normal brother was under the (secret) protection of the eldest, the Spellcaster brother, so none of the members of his fragile family would end up caught in the middle or being used as leverage. There was one scandalous marriage where a member of the werewolf family fell in love with a member of the vampire family. I don't remember what ended up happening to them but I might have founded a separate line out of these two, where werewolves and vampires were peaceful to one another.
    na3uewksu9ny.png
    My Tumblr • • • My first story: "The New Kid" ←
    • • • • •
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,934 Member
    You may want to check out the Challenges, Stories, and Legacies forum.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies

Lots of awesome stories.