Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Barnacle Bay?

What's the consensus? Any good? Is it a regular neighbourhood world or is it a vacation? Are there any good large legacy lots? What are the pre-mades like?
I remember you from university, I still have your story.

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I love BB because it's a wonderful maritime world and the best substitute for the laggy Isla Paradiso.
  • Options
    fantuanssfantuanss Posts: 48 Member
    edited December 2022
    I bought the world bundle and got it for free, magically(Didn't get that 100 sp though I really need it).
    The world for me it just a island ver. sunset valley. The sell point is probably the caliente. The only interesting part is the boat styled bistro but my sim one time vanished when visiting it.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited December 2022
    I like Barnacle Bay! It is a regular neighborhood.
    There are some nice big lots, I believe there’s a huge 64x64 modern mansion built on a cliff.
    I’m not into slick looking modern structures however, so I replace most existing lots with my own builds.

As far as I remember, Barnacle Bay comes with the Buccaneers set (pirate style bar and some other stuff) and a Pirate ship bistro with outdoor seating. Since it’s an island, all my modern outlaws -including pirates and other shifty characters- live in Barnacle Bay.

The only reason I like BB as much as I do is because I have Island Paradise installed, which in my game translates to rusty auld fishing (house) boats, underwater graveyards and dodgy “holiday” accommodation.

Can’t say much about the townies, I never play as pre-mades or engage with them a lot.

~Edited to add info~
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    @alanmichael1 @fantuanss @CAPTAIN_NXR7 thanks for your replies, that helps :)
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.