Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Live mode CTD [fixed]

dollfaedollfae Posts: 66 Member
I am experiencing CTD in live mode so frequently that it makes the game unplayable. Build/buy mode is completely fine, it is only in live mode. Most of the time it's as soon as I load my save file, sometimes if I'm lucky i can get 10 minutes in. Making new save files works for about half an hour until it starts happening again, I've tried pretty much every solution I could find and nothing has worked. Crash analyser gives the reason as "insufficient graphics capability" or as a problem with CC, I've made sure the game recognises my graphics card (which is very new as I'm playing on a laptop I purchased a month or two ago), turned on VSync, tried to give it more texture memory, ran in compatibility mode for windows 7/windows vista/Windows XP, assigned more RAM, and I only have a handful of mods (packages only, no downloads). I've uninstalled and re-installed the game multiple times, cleaned my save file, deleted cache, generated a new folder in My Documents, all of that.

I don't know if its work mentioning that I couldn't manage to use any crack for 1.67, if I used one the game would not launch, so I launch the game directly from TS3W and use NRAAS NoCD mod. I also have Overwatch, I tried ErrorTrap but it didn't do anything so I removed it.

I'm at my wits end I've been trying to solve this problem for days now : ( I have every expansion pack installed except Into The Future, and no stuff packs.

The xcpt says ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000034 so I tried allowing permissions for the .dll files but I'm still getting this message in all the xcpts

I attatched files that might be useful

EDIT: Heres the solution that worked for me incase anyone else has this problem
Post edited by dollfae on