Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP has two serial numbers in registry [solved]

SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
I recently bought University (legally on disk) but the vendor accidentally send me a second-hand one which I, obviously, could not register. So the vendor provided me with a new one. As precise as I am I uninstalled the second-hand one so I could install again with the new serial number. I uninstalled with revo uninstaller as I always do. After that I checked the registry just to be sure it was gone. It was except the serial number from the second-hand one, the one I had removed with revo, was still mentioned in the Sims.BK folder. I left it thinking it would be overwitten when installing with the new serial number. But it has not. So in the registry in Sims => University life the new number is used but in Sims.BK the old one is still mentioned, not the new one.

Anyone know if this is going to give problems? Maybe I should uninstall again and delete the key from Sims.BK before installing it again. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Post edited by SimLibby on

Comments

• Options
    I have been playing all weekend without problems so I guess this is not a big deal.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Use the "Eraser Tool' from Sims 1
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    Hi, I am pretty sure the game was properly removed before re-install since I had no problem re-installing and playing after. Also, it appears the Sims.BK folder automatically has updated, I assume this happened after playing the game, since now it shows the new number. So all is well. :)