Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kind of bored

I’m not totally bored of the game I think it’s just my challenge that I’m kind of bored of. I thought restarting would help but it hasn’t. What are your guys go to challenges?
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited October 2022
    I don't do challenges, because .... well I don't like rules imposed on me.

But I do use them for inspiration.

Such as the CAS Roller, where your roll 3x and each roll you must include that for your current sim, such as the hair color, accessories, walk style, trait, etc.

I also like the "Do It As You Go" Challenge. It has a nice big list of events to roll every 3 days. I use that for my personal stories, but if my sim is in the middle of something, such as enjoying her career, and I rolled for her to swap jobs, NOPE, not happening at this point in time, but may next time if I rolled that event I would change, if I roll something I don't want, I just re-roll.

I also created a weekly events roller for my personal that includes most of the challenges events (but some I removed because I don't play the game that way) and I also included activities for the various venues that I've placed in my game, such as the drive-in movie theater and the dry-cleaners/laundromat.

I also created a daily event/goal that I roll every morning at the same time and my goal is to try and acheive that within the next 24 hours until I roll a new daily event.

My other self-imposed rule is that I have no skill building items on my lot, this forces me to get my sims out in the world to learn those new hobbies/skills plus they meet new people that way.

I'm also incorporating some other aspects of various challenges into my normal gameplay. I like the challenge of going to different households and being the "hired help" for them for a few days and within a certain time frame you need to "meet" your next family you will move in with to help out.

I also started a self-imposed rule that when I'm playing a household of more than 1 sim, I swap controlling the sims every day and let them just do their thing while I watch (which is a little hard because I want to step in and guide them to do somethng different) but I've managed it so.

Sometimes it's just fun for me to read through challenges and pick and choose what I like about each of them.
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    My own personal challenge isn't really a challenge at all. I have aspirations for my Rock Star that have yet to be fulfilled due to patches, save corruptions, et al. I don't know how many times I've had to restart. I get to a certain point and then kablooey, or they hit me with a new pack, that I simply must explore with this Sim.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I play 2 rotational saves. My main save with many rotations and my scenario rotational save which is currently much smaller. If I get bored of one household, I can go to any other one I feel like playing. I usually play with aging turned off. Or I can just take a break from the game All together.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    My ‘challenge’ is to explore every pack as I missed a lot of them on release. I don’t have to do every single thing, but I want to get a good experience of them.

I have a couple of households which is a legacy family with aging and they’re doing the bigger more serious ones like get famous and university and parenthood and city living. It’s somewhat of a story that is playing out, kinda like a soap opera and it’s where my ‘perfect sim’ is.

Then I’ve got 3 teenage sisters living in glimmerbrook doing more random things like spa day and high school and realm of magic etc. Even bust a dust. They’re not as serious so they can do the more fantastical stuff. I can easily send them off on a jungle adventure without too much thought or reason behind it - just have fun and try not to get killed girls. It’s more like a sitcom family.

If I get bored of one group I can go to the other. And if I’m bored of what I’m doing I can just make the sisters open a flower shop or send them to Batuu or something as I don’t have to worry too much about story. They’re both just as important to me. It’s like dramatic serious sims v hilarious lovable idiots 😁.