Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Turning Screenshots Into Photos

Is there a way we can turn screenshots into photos that we can place them in sims' home? Sometimes I would have this really lovely picture opportunity but I can only take a screenshot. It's not like I'll always have a sim with correct level in photography. And it's not like I can pause the sims in there action when their in position that doesn't use the Moschino pack or mods. I would like to be able to just take the picture myself and them make it into a picture I can hang on the wall. Pretty please.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,400 Member
    Pictures that they take in game appear also in the Screenshots folder. Maybe if you try to rename a screenshot to the same name as a picture taken in game, it might work?
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,346 Member
    edited October 2022
    I second the suggestion, it would be awesome if we could import screenshots into a blank ingame object. Maybe offer different kinds of frame (poster, thin frame, expensive frame).

In the meantime, if you're on PC, then adding your screenshots as extra swatches to existing paintings with Sims4Studio is very simple. The downside is that for every screenshot you want to have on your sims' walls you'll have a piece of cc in your game now.

You don't have to stop at photos. Here is one example of cc where my sims' lack of resources perfectly aligned with my lack of artistic ability:
    0a4ce7ea71a0693b1035c8ffbffac235fbc1eed1.png

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Back in the old days there was a 3rd party software package (as in a box, sold in stores) that enabled you to take ANY picture on your computer and turn it into something a sim could have on their wall. If it could be done then, surely someone could do it now. Unfortunately, I neither have the disk now nor remember the program's name.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Oh please please please! That would be great! You could make a CC picture with a screenshot of course, but the majority of simmers wouldn't know how and probably couldn't be bothered if they did. I know I'm one of those people lol. It would be so great if there was an in game way of doing that.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,400 Member
    EA purposely removed this option because there were people that would add indecent images to lots uploaded in the gallery. The only way to do it is to add it as a CC recolour of an ingame object.