Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Black rectangle opens every time I open Sims 3 since EA Ap launched

I thought it was just me, but my daughter, who also plays Sims 3 has the same thing happening on her computer since we went to the EA Ap. . . We get a black rectangle with a C prompt every time either of us opens an EA game! It doesn't seem to do anything. I just click the x in the upper right corner, and it goes away, but. . . what is it and why is it there?
My game has been reduced to standard edition from collector with this ap, and there are other things I just don't like about it, but this is just annoying. In my screenshot, the game had already opened the launcher, so I minimized it. I'm playing the game now, and it seems to be working.

Comments

• Options
    RuediiRuedii Posts: 168 Member
    I suspect you need .Net Framework 3.5 installed. It should be in your Windows components settings.

This provides compatibility for older programs like The Sims 3 launcher.
  • Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    Thank you very much. I kind of wondered what I forgot to put back on the computer when I reset it. My daughter just reset her computer as well, so that would explain why both of us have this happening.
  • Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    And I can't download .net framework 3.5 because 4.5 came with the OS. . . LOL Guess that won't be the answer then. Next idea?