Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheating challenge….

wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
I was curious is it bad that I cheat to finish off one challenge because it’s taking forever and I want to start my new heir?

Edit: I’ve felt bad doing it before but she’s in the criminal career and it’s taking forever to get promoted and I just want to move on already.
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Nobody knows you "cheated" except yourself.

Why don't you go into challenges with a mindset more along the lines that the challenge rules are guidelines to help drive your story and give you ideas of what goal you're working towards and let it play out the way you want. And if that means veering from a rigid set of rules to make it more interesting and fun to play, then that's what you should do. Don't feel guilty!

There's a challenge I saved but I don't want to actually "do" the challenge per se, but I liked the set up of the families as a suggestion and I'm going to attempt to play rotationally for the first time with these unique and diverse couples in the same neighborhood.

It's called the Ultimate Couples Challenge, you can find the rules here if you haven't heard about it before.
    https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=413723
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I tend to use challenges as inspiration and never follow them exactly. Especially ones with point systems. Can't be doing with all that micro-management.

Point-based challenges would be fun if they could be auto-tracked, like maybe via the Scenario system or modded Scenarios.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    The way I see it, is if you do the challenge because you want to challenge yourself, then cheating is not good for you.

But if it’s more that the challenge inspires you to play but the rules start to hold back your enjoyment, then you should just do what makes it fun for you.

You don’t cheat anyone in a single player game but yourself. If you’re fine with it then it’s absolutely fine :)