Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Resurrect the Gameplay Kits with these ideas

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
edited September 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
More focused on chores, realism and new gameplay additions. All the new gameplay mechanics could be disabled in options menu.
  • Lawn mowing kit: much like Bust The Dust but for outside. Weed growing gameplay plus new lawn mowers.
  • Aquariums kit: new aquariums and new interactions for aquarium care: clean, feed, replace and others.
  • Swimming pool kit: new pool cleaning gameplay using filters and leaf net, plus new interactions and some new diving boards. Also BG update with basic diving board.
  • Ironing kit: new irons for clothes. After ironing, clothes could increase positive moodlets time. Not requires Laundry Day SP but it could be compatible as a optional step after drying clothes.
  • Woodchopping kit: new gameplay for off the grid appliances (fireplaces, grills, stoves). Includes new shed, stump, axe and logs.
  • Water heating kit: three new water heaters: basement large, tankless and tank water heaters. Placing a water heater will impact how Sim uses plumbing items.
  • Roof gutters kit: new gameplay mechanic via building: new roof gutter and drainpipes tool in three different versions: plastic, iron and aluminium. Sims must clean the drainpipes to avoid water leaks from the roof. It could be compatible with Seasons. A BG update could include the roof gutter/drainpipe tool and the Get Together drainpipes assets without gameplay.
  • Composting kit: new composters items to generate desired and specific fertilizers. Also new fertilizers included. Cats & Dogs compatible to compost pets poop. Cottage Living compatible as well for retreive manure from sheds and coops.
  • Thermostat kit: new thermostat items, including air conditioner units, fans and radiators. Could not will require Seasons due the new hot and cold waves gameplay, but could be compatible with regular seasons if the EP is installed.
  • Pizza Oven kit: new clay pizza oven, new dishes and new kitchen decoration based in mediterranean Europe.
Post edited by Mak27 on

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I would like an equivalent to the fireplace but for hot weather, something that cools sims during heatwaves, maybe a fan or an AC unit, so you see sweaty sims going near it to cool off.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I would like an equivalent to the fireplace but for hot weather, something that cools sims during heatwaves, maybe a fan or an AC unit, so you see sweaty sims going near it to cool off.

A thermostat kit? Added!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »

A thermostat kit? Added!

No, not a thermostat, we already have one of those, all it does it makes sims not respond to hot or cold environment. I like how sims will go Brr! during cold weather and go warm themselves at the fireplace. So, I would like something similar but to cool them down. Like standing under a ceiling fan, or an AC air vent, or something.
  • Options

A thermostat kit? Added!

No, not a thermostat, we already have one of those, all it does it makes sims not respond to hot or cold environment. I like how sims will go Brr! during cold weather and go warm themselves at the fireplace. So, I would like something similar but to cool them down. Like standing under a ceiling fan, or an AC air vent, or something.

Thermostat units i mean. Air conditioner units, fans, radiators and others.
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    Good ideas you’ve got here. Mind if I throw in one of my own?

Help Wanted Kit: Allows special items to be placed at certain lots that give options for Sims to do some work and earn some money. Help Wanted signs can be placed at bars and similar venues to have a job serving food and drinks. Another sign can be placed at lounges to get a job putting on a performance. Lifeguard chairs can be placed at pools and/or beaches to get a job saving drowning sims.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited September 2022
    I love all of the ideas above. Here's another one: Recolor EVERYTHING kit. Includes recolors of everything in the game so that everything matches the exact color of all related items. I hate it when the top I want and the bottom I want do not have matching colors available so I can style it as an outfit. I hate it when I cannot get the counters I want and the islands or cupboards I want in different cupboard and counter styles and not have them match. I hate it when I want a bar that matches the kitchen counter islands but I cannot get the color to match. Please recolor EVERYTHING and put it in a kit or free update. Also include a premium item that works kinda like the placemat in dine out...only add a sketch option to the color option: an art sketchbook. The art sketchbook should have "Doodle", "Draw...", "Paint" and "Color". Doodle and color might be for low art/painting skill and kids. the draw and paint would be for higher visual art skill. At skill levels 6-10, the same options should be available on the sketch pad as are available on the easel. By the way, doodling on homework notebooks (especially for Sim kids) should be a thing, and add mischief skill, with a possible hit to grades.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Game pack and expansion pack extensions would also make great kits. The kids camping kit was an extension of the camping EP.
    And My Pet stuff pack was really just an extension of cats and dogs pet EP pack.

Spiral stairs really should have come with tiny living, as well as retractable ladders. Tiny living should also have introduced stairs with under-stair storage features such as bookcases, display shelves, and wardrobe closets. They shouldn't be overrides but should be separate build objects.
    Under-bed storage would also be a feature I would love in my game.

Now some things really need to still be free: Like fixing Geek-con so that the computers and electronic equipment are all under tents to be compatible with Seasons (so that event goals can be met), plus the MyShuno festival schedule should be shown 2-3 weeks in advance.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    More focused on chores, realism and new gameplay additions. All the new gameplay mechanics could be disabled in options menu.
    • Lawn mowing kit: much like Bust The Dust but for outside. Weed growing gameplay plus new lawn mowers.
    • Aquariums kit: new aquariums and new interactions for aquarium care: clean, feed, replace and others.
    • Swimming pool kit: new pool cleaning gameplay using filters and leaf net, plus new interactions and some new diving boards. Also BG update with basic diving board.
    • Ironing kit: new irons for clothes. After ironing, clothes could increase positive moodlets time. Not requires Laundry Day SP but it could be compatible as a optional step after drying clothes.
    • Woodchopping kit: new gameplay for off the grid appliances (fireplaces, grills, stoves). Includes new shed, stump, axe and logs.
    • Water heating kit: three new water heaters: basement large, tankless and tank water heaters. Placing a water heater will impact how Sim uses plumbing items.
    • Roof gutters kit: new gameplay mechanic via building: new roof gutter and drainpipes tool in three different versions: plastic, iron and aluminium. Sims must clean the drainpipes to avoid water leaks from the roof. It could be compatible with Seasons. A BG update could include the roof gutter/drainpipe tool and the Get Together drainpipes assets without gameplay.
    • Composting kit: new composters items to generate desired and specific fertilizers. Also new fertilizers included. Cats & Dogs compatible to compost pets poop. Cottage Living compatible as well for retreive manure from sheds and coops.
    • Thermostat kit: new thermostat items, including air conditioner units, fans and radiators. Could not will require Seasons due the new hot and cold waves gameplay, but could be compatible with regular seasons if the EP is installed.
    • Pizza Oven kit: new clay pizza oven, new dishes and new kitchen decoration based in mediterranean Europe.

An Aquarium and Swimming Pool Kit would be awesome.

For Pools
    Pool Slides and Interactive Pool Waterfalls

For Aquariums
    Aquarium Walls and Ceilings

The large Lobby Aquarium we had in Sims 2 Apartment Life.