Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Save Might Be Corrupt or Bloated Maybe?

ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
So, I recently had to do factory reset on my laptop, so I moved my two sims 3 saves onto a usb. After the reset, I reinstalled the game and all of the content, then moved my saves from the usb, onto that sims 3 files. When I tried booting up the save that I've been working on the most it doesn't fully load. It gets to a certain point then stops trying to load. Even the background music stops playing. But the screen isn't frozen, at least I don't think, because my curser is still doing that spinny thing. I tried cleaning out the cache files, then tried loading up the save and same thing happen again. The game loads fine, no issues there it's that save specifically. So, I looked up what might be the issue and I read that a save could either be corrupted or could be bloated. And the post had links to fix the bloated problem, which I was going to try, but both links sent me to error pages.

Just in case, you have to talk to me like I'm not smart. :D I'm completely brand new to technical problems with the sims 3. I only recently started using nraas mods. I know people mentioned making a backup to the save, but I don't know how to make backups to a save that won't load. If anyone knows how to fix this or at least has answers to what happen to my save and that I am most likely going to have to cut my losses and start a brand new one, its will all be greatly appreciated. :smiley: Please?
BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
d3Z5s3V.jpg

Comments

• Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    Whenever I have to reset the computer or anything like that, I save the family I want to keep playing as an export and then save that export to an external hard drive. I might try saving the town I was using but as long as the family is safe, if the town is bloated or corrupted, I still have them. Sometimes you just have to lose the town, at least I do!
    I'm having issues with other things in my game, and just set up a new hard drive so I understand the loss of a town, fresh in my mind! Still, if you save the family, or families if there are more than one, at least it isn't a total loss.