Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighborhood stories added a child to my played household.

Bowie and Corey are Y.A's who have recently moved in together.
I noticed a child added to the household, and after inspecting the family tree, it seems Bowie is her only parent so I assume Bowie adopted her, (she's child aged and looks nothing like Bowie).
I was unpleasantly surprised, because while I don't care what consequences neighborhood stories has on unplayed townies, Bowie is MY sim.

Has anyone else had neighborhood stories affect their played sims?

Comments

• Options
    PlutohasaheartPlutohasaheart Posts: 25 Member
    I had a couple played households that I hadn't touched in a while end up with either a baby or two or a ton of dogs. Never had it happen with families I was actively playing, but it can be turned off. I just made sure to turn it off for both played and unplayed households in my game.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I have a test save where Neighbourhood Stories are enabled, and the last time I checked, almost every household with an opposite-sex couple suddenly had at least one new baby, and even a grown child in one case. The only exceptions were the Delgatos for some reason, and possibly the Goths, whose house was suddenly empty and I couldn't find them anywhere. Knowing Neighbourhood Stories, they were probably all eaten off-screen by cowplants. Some singles had also adopted dogs (apparently cats aren't very popular with sims), but not that many.

The easiest way to get rid of unwated offspring is to move them in with some random townie and then delete that household. That's how I got rid of the baby plague the last time I foolishly installed MCCC and it (almost) ruined my save.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Make sure to check the settings on your sim family to make sure having a baby isn't enabled. Had noticed this on a played household of mine (didn't realize it was at the time) before I turned it off. Same with death. Easy way to do it if you have a lot of played households is just to set neighborhood stories back to default going and edit it to what you do or don't want or just turn it all off then disable neighborhood stories and BAM. All is well.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    I had this happen, too, except it was two babies (there were two couples living together in the house, each had a baby). I had no idea how to get rid of them. In the end I exited without saving. I lost a fair bit of progress, but oh well. I made sure to adjust the neighbourhood stories settings. I normally don’t mind having it on, but now I know to be careful. I also realised the way to delete unwanted Sims.
  • Options
    KadaveraKadavera Posts: 12 New Member
    I had two sims that were engaged but living in different houses. The sim I was playing became pregnant through an autonomous "Try for Baby." My sim hadn't told the other sim, so when he came to my sims' house, I saw the "Discuss Expanding Family" option. I thought this would be a great lead up to telling him. He said he'd think about it. The next day, my sim went to his house and I was surprised to see that he had adopted a child. I had no idea that option would lead to THAT! I'm a chronic saver, so I went to the earlier save. I certainly wasn't prepared to play so many sims (cinsidering there was a baby on the way).
    I've never had the game add a child to my household in any other way... so far... but just know that there is a way to add a child to another household or even your own if you have that "discussion."
  • Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    @Kadavera interesting! I'll be aware of that consequence now. I wonder if I did bring it about that way?