Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Just Automatically Began Repairing My Game

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Yup, the lazarusinashes is the one I use as well
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited August 2022
    CrazyFrog wrote: »

Prime reason for keeping me offline.

- Stranger Ville zombies google while in possessed mode
    - Mermaids google while swimming
    - Werewolves google while rampaging

Any guesses that spellcasters and vampires stop casting spells, duel or spar just because the phone.

So many occult animations ruined just for googling. This was not tested with occult packs.

Hate the new phone animations with a passion!
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    So far so good after repairing + patching. I did notice now that the camera will zoom onto random sims on the street (as if they were about to die) but only because they were changing their phone color. I did download a mod from Little Ms. Sams that has seemingly fixed the issue (for now) but I will remain offline for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I hope all this craziness is resolved soon. I purchased a new gaming laptop just before the pre-pack update dropped but became distracted and didn't have enough time to install Sims4 beforehand. Now I am stuck between installing and having the newest update shoved at me when I have zero interest in it. Or playing Sims4 on my older laptop without the update. These auto updates are a pain in the eye. We should be able to bypass the ones we don't want, especially when we are waiting to purchase whichever new pack is attached to those updates. When we decide not to update Origin constantly throws up obstacles that make it almost impossible to freeze our game until we decide to go forward and feel safe in adding new packs or updating. And at the moment updating or buying new packs feels very unsafe given all the bugs/glitches that are being reported. Because of all the problems with new packs and updates one would think Maxis would find a way to fix this issue for players who don't want to watch their game implode every month. And it seems to get worse with every new update. My biggest gripe is the fact I can't install Sims4 on my new laptop without being forced into installing this newest update. I am beyond fed up with EA/Maxis having this much control over something I actually paid for. Not only do they control all the new content, but they also control how, and when, it is installed on my personal devices. This business practice has sealed the fate of Sims5 in my book. I won't be purchasing it if EA/Maxis insists on hijacking my control over new content being installed on my personal devices when that new content is unsafe and unplayable without mods or hot fixes.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    I was actually scared to run my game yesterday, but felt if I did it early enough, I'd have the whole afternoon to sort out any problems.
    That is not how I should be feeling before playing my game.
    I saved at every stage I felt important enough, as after the forced repair/update, I got the stuck loading screen - which thankfully didn't reoccur.
    Until the next problem, thanks to all of you for contributing and helping each other through this frustrating time.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Who-asked-for-more-phone-use/m-p/11714156/highlight/true

I am going to add my voice to this discussion over on EA feedback when I have screenshots to add. Have updated Sims 4 to the latest patch on y husband's computer but will not have time to play until next week. Just play a mermaid googling or head by Stranger Ville to have an infected sim googling while possessed.

Hope they will fix it so that occult or weird sim can go back to normal.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

Any guesses that spellcasters and vampires stop casting spells, duel or spar just because the phone.

So many occult animations ruined just for googling. This was not tested with occult packs.

They ruined the game for Occult players. It sucks and I'm still really frakking angry about it. Haven't touched my game since that patch, haven't updated, haven't tried to play.

What in the world made them think anyone wanted more phone addiction in the first place? Someone was actually paid for doing this useless baloney. It contradicts the options they had in the game, like off the grid and technophobe and makes the fame quirk useless and redundant.

Are they even trying to make a fun game anymore or have they given up to just troll us all now? Because it really feels like a cruel joke.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

They ruined the game for Occult players. It sucks and I'm still really frakking angry about it. Haven't touched my game since that patch, haven't updated, haven't tried to play.

What in the world made them think anyone wanted more phone addiction in the first place? Someone was actually paid for doing this useless baloney. It contradicts the options they had in the game, like off the grid and technophobe and makes the fame quirk useless and redundant.

Are they even trying to make a fun game anymore or have they given up to just troll us all now? Because it really feels like a cruel joke.

The thing that infuriates me is that there is no way to opt out of idle animations with tech. They decide how your sims is supposed to come to life. Contrast this with "exchange phone numbers" when your sim chooses to take up the phone and do something.
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

The thing that infuriates me is that there is no way to opt out of idle animations with tech. They decide how your sims is supposed to come to life. Contrast this with "exchange phone numbers" when your sim chooses to take up the phone and do something.

I have seen so many players beg for 8 years for a way to turn off the dam phone that it just baffles me how badly they dropped the ball on this.

Just ... WHY?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

I believe one of the first complaints [ if not very first complaint ] I made about Sims 4 when I actively joined the forums was about the intrusive, idle phone animations and the nonexistence of a general and individual phone use toggle.

Sims 4 phones are a disgrace. There I said it.
    • I hate them.
    • Hate them.
    • Hate just about everything about them.
    • Hate hate HATE sims 4 phones.
    • May your batteries be dead forever, sims 4 phones.
    • Break & Die, you miserable pieces of *insert 👼 kind 👼 word*.
    And to 🔥👿🔥 with the umbrellas. Not even sure why there IS an umbrella. I left it in the umbrella stand. Isn't that what one does when one doesn't need an umbrella, even if it's raining?
    Umbrellas are overrated. Sims, why can't you just enjoy the rain falling on your simulated heads??- you won't melt you digital snowflakes!
    Oh yes, yes, please look at your phone while it's lashing, it ain't waterproof and I hope it breaks at once! We'll find other ways to communicate and have fun, don't you worry, don't you worry....
    But no, it won't break won't it? No, It won't break. Absolute YARGH!!!!

End of Wednesday Morning rant. I know it's Tuesday, but today it doesn't matter.

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Who-asked-for-more-phone-use/m-p/11714156/highlight/true

I am going to add my voice to this discussion over on EA feedback when I have screenshots to add. Have updated Sims 4 to the latest patch on y husband's computer but will not have time to play until next week. Just play a mermaid googling or head by Stranger Ville to have an infected sim googling while possessed.

Hope they will fix it so that occult or weird sim can go back to normal.

Thank you for the link. I already added a me too for this problem. As I said over there the phone usage is excessive and unnecessary, for some sims even immersion breaking.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am also very unhappy about this phone obsession. Even before this patch, I would get frustrated with actions I set for my sims being dropped because of a computer, phone or other objects, including drinking water from sink. It makes it difficult to play a storyline you become immersed in when sims are focused on objects. I don't like the crazy phone use in real life and don't want it in my game. It isn't fun anymore if you have to constantly watch over your sims to make sure they do what they need to do, and they decide to not do it because of these obsessions. I was playing my werewolf couple, moved them in and the welcome wagon started. I have 2 computers in their home as they are writers and need them. So instead of getting to know each other, the guests go straight to the computers! I locked them to household only and started conversations. My sims both stopped doing what I wanted them to and went to their computers. Tried again to get them into conversing with the welcome wagon and the same thing happened again. I was so frustrated I exited the game. Now we have an even worse phone obsession. Teens are obsessed with phones, so thought this was going to be about them. But everyone is now obsessed. Life is supposed to be about people, not objects. If you come to dinner at my house, that phone is put away. I was hoping for the ability for parents to take away your teen's phone. Great opportunity for punishing them if not doing homework or getting detention, or sneaking out of the home. Never would have guessed this obsession would be for all sims! I want to continue to enjoy my sims. I want to get back to my farmers and my paranormal couple and have fun! I don't want my sims to stop milking the cow or making friends with the animals to use the phone. Please fix this!
  • Options

First the phone was a way to keep work, traveling and things organized, which is why it is mandatory.

Now more and more things are added to it and since they are mandatory there is no way to opt out.

Now they are adding idle animations, which are impossible to opt out off and with occult sims it is very noticeable. Or historical saves.

I feel like updates are not done with any consideration shown to occult sims or weird possessed sims. Since this is my main reason for playing this game I feel like we are a second rate group. Whatever happens to occult sims is not something to look after when it comes to implementing new idles or features.

The Werewolf Pack was awesome. It made the patch coming after feel like skipping down the road giddy with glee and then all of a sudden you are in free fall. Occult sims are not part of the main game, that is tested for regular sims. Occult players will have to continue to read up on the forum before patching if they want to know how the latest patch affect occult sims. The Occult Packs by themselves are really really good, but the rest of the game seems to be made and tested on regular sims which might end up tearing into those really good occult packs.

I wish we could just get phone animations as optional. That would make life so much easier. I had an entire save placed in medieval times but I got so irritated on the phone that I gave it up. I could start looking into that again if we could just get rid of the phone.
  • Options
    First the phone was a way to keep work, traveling and things organized, which is why it is mandatory.

Now more and more things are added to it and since they are mandatory there is no way to opt out.

Now they are adding idle animations, which are impossible to opt out off and with occult sims it is very noticeable. Or historical saves.

I feel like updates are not done with any consideration shown to occult sims or weird possessed sims. Since this is my main reason for playing this game I feel like we are a second rate group. Whatever happens to occult sims is not something to look after when it comes to implementing new idles or features.

The Werewolf Pack was awesome. It made the patch coming after feel like skipping down the road giddy with glee and then all of a sudden you are in free fall. Occult sims are not part of the main game, that is tested for regular sims. Occult players will have to continue to read up on the forum before patching if they want to know how the latest patch affect occult sims. The Occult Packs by themselves are really really good, but the rest of the game seems to be made and tested on regular sims which might end up tearing into those really good occult packs.

I wish we could just get phone animations as optional. That would make life so much easier. I had an entire save placed in medieval times but I got so irritated on the phone that I gave it up. I could start looking into that again if we could just get rid of the phone.

Oh, I agree so much. It feels like a betrayal because this patch came out barely a month after the Werewolf pack, so it's like saying, "Suckers! We got your money and now we've completely changed your gameplay and there's nothing you can do!"

I only got to play the pack a couple of times and I had so many plans for it and new inspiration for my game. I was so happy the way it was done and the themes for it. All destroyed by an unwarranted phone bomb that no one wanted.

They seriously kick us to the curb over and over and I'm sick of it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited August 2022
    Is there a way to log into my origin client in offline mode?

Or does anyone know if a new origin update has come out that fixed the "forces you to repair&patch Sims 4" bug?

I'd really like to just play my game with Moon Phase update being the most recent one. But if I can't start Sims 4 without it forcing me to get the newest patch, I'm afraid to even update my Origin, but I don't know how to log into my Origin account when it's in offline mode, the login just doesn't work.

If I do patch my Origin, will my Sims 4 be uneffected as long as I don't run the game at all? It'd be nice to at least be able to log into my account...

Also, has anyone added the broken Origin update topic as a post in the EA bug report website? I'd like to add a "Me Too" to that if anyone's started one.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »

Yes, all you have to do is unplug your internet connection and start up the Sims game. You'll still have to log into Origin "sign in with your EA account", but go ahead and log in as per usual because you won't technically be logging into Origin anyways (due to no internet connection), and then the Sims game will start up in offline mode (and your Origin will also be in automatic offline mode).

Long story short: No internet, no online mode, no forced update.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options

Yes, all you have to do is unplug your internet connection and start up the Sims game. You'll still have to log into Origin "sign in with your EA account", but go ahead and log in as per usual because you won't technically be logging into Origin anyways (due to no internet connection), and then the Sims game will start up in offline mode (and your Origin will also be in automatic offline mode).

Long story short: No internet, no online mode, no forced update.

Thank you! I hadn't tried it with turning my internet off and that fixed my problem! That's so weird that just trying to log in with offline mode normally wasn't working until I actually shut off my internet.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited August 2022
    Right finally got my account verified thanks to a helpful person at EA Help.

I have tried every which way with Origin and there is no way you can play without patching the game.

Downloaded the beta app and it has even less options than the old Origin. Can't play unpatched with that either, no matter how you try and launch the game.

It seems there is absolutely no way to play without installing probably the worse patch I have seen (based on user feedback I have read) since 2014.

So is this it now? Every patch will be forced?

I will probably spend some time re-modding my game this time but if the next patch is forced, I'm out. Lots of other distractions out there.

I've been running into this problem for the last three or so Patches. One time I failed to go offline, first. I always have the auto-update on Origin switched to the off position as I play with Mods. I would switch to Offline on the day a Patch is set to drop, but then it won't let me launch the game. It all but demands I have to patch! This is just rude. What if I want some time to allow for the mods I use to be updated, yet i don't want not to play while I wait? I had already pre-ordered HSY this time, so I pulled the Mods folder and went ahead and patched. I think they clogged up the works, however, too much stuff in one patch. The EP isn't fully functional, it's almost worst than MWS, if that's even possible.

I'm very sorry to hear the Beta hasn't changed. I tried it out very shortly after they first advertised, via the older Origin, but made the report back that I couldn't find a way to repair the game with the Beta. I need this function. It's not a matter of If, it's a matter of WHEN I'll need to repair the game.

Sorry, went off on a bit of a rant. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Well, I was dead nervous this morning seeing there was another patch, so I bit the bullet to see what happened when I opened up Origin, and was pleased to find no force update/repair game. I could go off line and play without an issue - fingers crossed it stays that way.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    I wasn't as brave as you. I pulled the Internet plug before starting up origin. I am not letting origin connect to the internet anymore. I was able to play offline. Of course that doesn't fix anything because I am still stuck with the awful high school years patch but at least I seem to be able to avoid patches that messes up the game even more.

As for the current patch it is so disappointing that it nearly only addresses scenarios and high school. I am not sure if this patch is worth updating my mods, even if I only use very few.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I wasn't as brave as you. I pulled the Internet plug before starting up origin. I am not letting origin connect to the internet anymore. I was able to play offline. Of course that doesn't fix anything because I am still stuck with the awful high school years patch but at least I seem to be able to avoid patches that messes up the game even more.

As for the current patch it is so disappointing that it nearly only addresses scenarios and high school. I am not sure if this patch is worth updating my mods, even if I only use very few.

That's a shame, but I totally understand how you feel.
    I'm just glad the forced update didn't happen, so I didn't have to patch. I hope it stays this way.
    I have had Origin trying to push the EA thing at me, but I just keep hitting "remind me later"!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    February11 wrote: »
    Well, I was dead nervous this morning seeing there was another patch, so I bit the bullet to see what happened when I opened up Origin, and was pleased to find no force update/repair game. I could go off line and play without an issue - fingers crossed it stays that way.

Thank you so much for testing that and letting us know it's safe to update origin now!
  • Options
    February11 wrote: »

Thank you so much for testing that and letting us know it's safe to update origin now!

Good luck with your update!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited September 2022
    I have to say, this has me vexed. Someone else complained about this with the last Patch. I found out at that time, that in my own Origin app, the automatic update switch had been turned on. I keep in turned off, since I use mods. I can't tell you how grateful I am that very early this morning, I moved my Mods folder out of my Game folder and backed up my saves. Else things would be in a mess about now.

Really, EA? Why give us options, if they are just going to be overridden? I'm only glad I had made the decision ON MY OWN to go ahead and patch.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/