Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two Bonus Traits?

Hi, I was playing around with my Sims, and I noticed that when a Sim is immediately aged up from Toddler to Young Adult (with cheats), they can have two bonus traits, instead of one. Does anyone know if anything like this is possible in normal gameplay? Many thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    FirewestgamerFirewestgamer Posts: 30 Member
    Depends on if you have any dlcs. I would not think so.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    This Carl's Guide on bonus traits might help.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/traits/cheats.php
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited August 2022
    My sim normally aging up from teen to YA got another bonus trait when picking a different aspiration than the one he had. I don't know if it's meant to be like that now since the new EP introduced the teen aspirations or if it's something that's gonna get fixed.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,086 Member
    This Carl's Guide on bonus traits might help.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/traits/cheats.php

Anyone else getting an Error 520 when clicking on that link?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    What browser are you using? I'm using Firefox on my phone.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @Brd709 just tried the link on my samsung phone & had no problem with the page loading.
  • Options
    K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    Hi, I was playing around with my Sims, and I noticed that when a Sim is immediately aged up from Toddler to Young Adult (with cheats), they can have two bonus traits, instead of one. Does anyone know if anything like this is possible in normal gameplay? Many thanks :)
    I'm really curious which traits they were and what cheats you used.
  • Options
    Garfieldwxg55Garfieldwxg55 Posts: 76 Member
    I was using a few mods for testing something else, but the only mod that seems relevant to this is MC Command Center:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com
    This is what I used to age my Sims up from Toddler directly to Young Adult, and when I select a different aspiration for teen and young adult, they get two bonus traits.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited August 2022
    I was using a few mods for testing something else, but the only mod that seems relevant to this is MC Command Center:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com
    This is what I used to age my Sims up from Toddler directly to Young Adult, and when I select a different aspiration for teen and young adult, they get two bonus traits.

Without any mods, you can age up or down a sim in CAS by doing this.
    "Ctr Shift C" brings up the command bar. Type in "cas.fulleditmode" Enter.

Esc out. Then go to modify household in CAS. After that you can change anyone's age slot in the household. Be careful on this though, it can mess up Sims you like. To age up, I find it's better to get a cake and candles rather than "cheat" or use mods. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited August 2022
    It's not a mod issue. My sim got a second bonus trait without any mods. It was just a normal aging.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    My sims also sometimes get an additional bonus trait. This usually happens when I take them to cas.fulleditmode when they are currently on a different aspiration than the one they started out with. Even if I don't touch traits in CAS, they still get the bonus trait of the active aspiration.

For example when start a sim a natura aspiration, they get the collector trait. I play this sim and switch to the food aspiration. After a while I take this sim back into cas with cas.fulleditmode and save them (even if I just change eye color) , my sim gets the essence of flavour trait from the food aspiration on top of the collector trait when I am back in live mode.

I do have mccc installed, so that might be mod related.