Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you get the Rubik’s cube in the sims 4 HSY?

I was just wondering how you get the Rubik’s cube in high school years in the Sums 4.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    It should be in buymode.
  • Options
    MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    edited August 2022
    I don't think there is one. It's just an animation. There are a few CC ones though.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    It, not a Buy Mode object. Sims with "Party Animal" trait have an option in self interactions to "Do party tricks" sometimes they do tricks with bottles, sometimes with Rubik's Cube, sometimes they Breakdance. I haven't seen any other outcomes from this interaction.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    This is so weird to me. I mean, it's bad enough that it's just a self-interaction rather than a purchasable object, but what's really ridiculous is that it's tied to the Party Animal trait.

Listen, I was around when the original Rubiks Cubes came out, and it was NOT "Party Animal" types who were playing with them. It was the nerds. With kids in this gen, I also know that it's a bit more of a general fidget cube now, so more types of people might play with them, so I'm not inclined to think it should be exclusively tied to any one group of sims... but if they absolutely had to limit it like that, they picked 100% the wrong group. They should have either given it to all sims (preferably), or it should have been a reward for something more like chess club or computer club.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited August 2022
    Well, that’s disappointing, I thought it was going to be something we could buy or find and something our teenagers could do to possibly gain some logic and have fun. Kind of like the clay. I was more excited about being able to have and use a Rubik's cube than many of the other features in the pack.

Thankyou @Martinv but I don’t use mods or CC

I agree with you @Amapola76 it should have been something you could earn by increasing logic or computer.

I have spent all night and morning editing the high school……. Time for me to get some sleep.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    It, not a Buy Mode object. Sims with "Party Animal" trait have an option in self interactions to "Do party tricks" sometimes they do tricks with bottles, sometimes with Rubik's Cube, sometimes they Breakdance. I haven't seen any other outcomes from this interaction.

This should be available to sims will all traits. I'm disappointed it's locked to one trait.
  • Options
    CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    What?!! Seriously, as much focus as the Rubik's cube got in their trailers? Now you tell me it's not even there? GAH! I hate bait and switch like this. I completely forgot about this thing because I've been building.

They made it seem as if it's a new thing Sims can have, like the clay blob. I don't recall them saying anywhere that it's only an animation locked to one trait.

BOOOOOO! HISSSSSS!
  • Options
    ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    BOOOO I am so exited about them then confused that it isn't in buy mode and debug one is uninteractive booo
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    That is so disappointing. The implementation of everything in this pack is so disappointing.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,931 Member
    Wow ! I have two mods traits that are Party related i even think one is party animal... I Never would have ever seen the Rubik's cube ingame if i didnt read here, now i got the mod :wink: !

And btw I was a nerd with a rubiks... (and a C64), i also had the triangle one, i had the round version, the pocket version and the 4x4x4 too ! imho it should have been tied to the geek trait of course.
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    That’s a bummer. I forgot about the whole thing (I bought the pack for the world and the pier). But if it’s only occasionally visible for sims with one trait that’s super disappointing. This is why I’m always skeptical about trailers, most of them aren’t true to game. That’s not the first one, remember Simstagram posts from Snowy Escape?