Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IMHO there should be an option to turn off wants and fears for individual Sims

ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
edited August 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
This is why. I like to play (no, not just about me, but anyone who does something similar) one sim at a time. Or one member of a family, if the sim is in a family. I like to direct just him, and let the other sims do their own thing (unless dire dire need arises). But here's the problem with the wants and fears. For the most part, they go unfulfilled for the sims I'm not directing (except for the occasional lucky hit). So they turn into emotional train wrecks. I started a new family, and in three weeks sim time the father has three permanent fears. Now he's angry, sad, or tense a lot of the time. And he's had nothing seriously bad happen to him. He didn't get to bro hug someone, didn't get to discuss his fears, etc. So they kind of force gameplay in a certain direction. I can't even imagine trying to keep a eye on a lot of eight sim's wants.
I'm probably going to have to turn them off, which is a shame because I'd like to mess with them for my sim. But until they introduce therapists into the game I don't see how I can keep using them without making emotional basket cases.

Moved this to feedback, I see. Works for me.
Post edited by ravynwolvf on

Comments

• Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I don't blame you. I turned them off and never looked back.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Oh I hadn't thought about it from that point of view. It really does ruin that playstyle :/