Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is MWS ok now that it's fixed(-ish)?

I haven't gotten MWS because of all the bugs and somewhat lacking looking gameplay in some areas, but I do really want to have a world like Tartosa in my save, and I'm wondering how those of you that got the pack feel about it? Are the weddings any good, do u still use them now that the novelty has worn off? Or is it so micro-managey that u have all ur sims just elope? Do u use the world a lot, is it nice?

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    I had the pack for only a few weeks, so I can't quite answer re novelty worn off. But I love the world and customized several lots to match my gameplay. Tartosa is the perfect match with a CC nectar ma king object that I use. Also cool to build hotels, spas and restaurants, so with a few additional packs - and some imagination, it's a world that is quite easy to like :)

I had only a few weddings, and I'm not very deep into that kind of thing. I had no intention of running the perfect event, either. My experience is to lower my expectations, and go for only 2-3 activities per event. I can see including all possible features will make the wedding take very long, I prefer leaving some time to simple mingling and non scripted interactions. There is some learning by failing involved though, but those arranging many weddings will be better on it than I will ever be :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like I might get it next time it's on sale. :blush:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,674 Member
    On, the whole it's working better than it did. What I found out, is there's a bit of a learning curve. For instance, I never knew until I saw someone's screenshot, that the Bride and Groom can cut their cake together. You must use a flat table for this. I have a tendency to like the round banquet table with the tier on top of it. That one, although it looks great, doesn't allow for the bride and groom to cut the cake together. Also, when you place the aisle runner, make certain the arrows are pointed away from the wedding arch, else they'll all walk the wrong way! I've yet to have a bride throw her bouquet, but I may give another wedding a try, here, fairly soon. I love this pack. Just make sure you bring along your patience.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I don’t play weddings but I have had a lot of use of the world.

The upper map gave only one small shell building that I find easy to ignore. That makes it possible for me to place different buildings in the large lots and make it into different places as I need for that save. Think it is 3 pretty big lots.

- 3 lots with selvorada stuff from the jungle and I pretend that it is placed on the outskirts of jungle
    - 3 lots with Star Wars builds and it is an planet in the Star Wars universe
    - 3 lots with broken gear, add the industrial Ecco-trait and it is a post apocalyptic world

Hmm… for me this map is easier to use in game because I can make it into what I need with my own big lots. Also, it is a break from the green grass and evergreen trees with pine needles.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I still like it. Definitely less of a hot mess compared to when it was released. Use Tartosa as a vacation spot. All the cas and build buy is nice and I use a lot of decor. Helps a lot with immersion with big wedding cakes, flower pal, and guests reacting more and not dancing when the ceremony is going on. 🤣

Still throw as many weddings as I did before the pack which is few. Might do it a bit more with life stages becoming fuller now.

I use the toasting gameplay item a lot outside of weddings nice as resturants and for anniversaries. And the group line dancing.
    5vJrxmT.png