Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Long Life Challenge

joydovejoydove Posts: 53 Member
Long Life Challenge

The long life challenge is for your one sim to defy all odds and stay alive through all ways possible in the Sims 4. It will help to have two packs: Realm of Magic game pack and Romantic Garden stuff pack. But they’re not required. At the end there are ways to live on with cheats, but they are not required either to win the challenge. Ambrosia is the goal to get to for your sim to eat as the final action to win! However there is a cheat to seal the deal. This challenge is not short, it’s meant to take some time. So ready for a different challenge? Yay!

Beginning:
Start by creating a couple romantically involved. It will help if they are married to start the game. You can use existing sims. No other active sims, besides the couple, to begin with.

Then move them into an empty lot or one that has been designed for this challenge. There is one on my sims 4 in game gallery profile Joydove under Long Life challenge. It is allowed to move as many times is preferred during the challenge, or not at all.

Staying should be refreshed every once in a while, which can be done 2 different ways. First just save your lot in your gallery, bulldoze and replace. Second move your household out and then back in again. If you do stay on the same one.

At the start it might help to move into a house with lots of ways for your sim to die and come back to life. This is not a death challenge, you can use the same method of dying for your sim over and over, there’s no need to use all methods to kill your sim.

Required long life items:
-With the Realm of Magic Game Pack, (spell caster books) the Immortality Tomes, Prompt Resurrection Tomes, Rejuvenation Tomes, Necrocall Tomes, and Dedeathify Tomes. You can purchase them in the magic realm, or get them off the gallery. I have them on my sims profile “Joydove” in my gallery under “Long Life Tomes.” Again not required.
-Potions: Immortality, Prompt Resurrection, Rejuvenation that are already created will also be on my gallery profile under the name “Potion of Youth.”
-A computer that your sim can learn to write on.
-Wishing Well (with Romantic Garden Stuff Pack) not required but fun to use.
-I will have “ambrosia ingredients” available in the gallery too, but you can grow the death flower, earn the potion of life, and fish for the Angel fish. Those ways take a while though. Here’s a website to show how to do those things: https://playerassist.com/sims-4-bring-sims-back-life/
If you want to cheat and give your sim more satisfaction points to claim the “Potion of Youth” you may do so.

Rules:
No Cheats allowed besides money cheats and giving your sims satisfaction points for claiming the potion of youth. No adding traits from satisfaction points that your sim didn’t earn. You may use the resetsim cheat to get out of a glitch.
Cheats included in the challenge as a part of the challenge are allowed as well, will list later.
Also it is allowed to change the length of aging option form short/normal/long at any time and as often as you like. You may use the gallery for anything you may need though that’s allowed. Mods are not allowed, no mods.

How to Play
Step One: Have a baby with your starter couple. The New born baby is your main sim.
Step Two: Aging up. All natural. It is allowed to have a cake and celebrate on their birthday. This only applies to the main sim.
Step Three: During toddler years your main sim should have at least level 3 in all skills before aging up to a child. (Children and Teens need to be A students before aging up.) Give your teen the cooking aspiration and have them start building their cooking and gourmet cooking skills as soon as possible.
Step Four: Once your main sim is a teen kill or move out parents. Move in another teen/young adult sim with the writing aspiration, that also likes writing. They will become the main sim’s spouse. (Note: Your main sims' spouse will need to be a spell caster in lvl 9.)
Step Five: Age up to young adult. Get married to housemate. You may have children, but they must move out once reaching young adulthood. Also having more than one spouse is allowed too if one dies, or moves out. Spouses are not allowed to rejuvenate, but they may age up early if you like. You need at least one spouse to be lvl 10 in the writing career for step Twelve. Once they become a young adult, play every age level twice through. The “Rejuvenation potion” really helps with this or the “Potion of Youth” in the rewards list using satisfaction points. You must use each at least once during the challenge.
Step Six: First Life Saved. (Make sure to save before killing your sim each time.) Kill your sim and have spouse Plead with Grim. If it doesn’t work go back to save before death and try again. Your sim’s spouse might need to be closer in relationship to your main sim. Do as many times as you can until it works.
Step Seven: Spouse gives the Death Flower to the Grim Reaper on your behalf. Will persuade Grim to save your sims life. Works like pleading but use the flower in their inventory.
Step Eight: (Realm of Magic) I suggest buying potions from the gallery, but for more of a challenge you can become a spell caster. Use the Prompt Resurrection potion at least once.
Step Nine: (Realm of Magic) The spouse must be a spell caster and use Necrocall on the tombstone or urn and then cast Dedeathify!
Step Ten: Take Immortality potion at any time. It will cause a silvery glowing action on your sim that comes and goes, so if you want to wait until your sim is an elder that’s fine.
Step Eleven: (Romantic Garden Stuff) Use the wishing well to come back. Remember to save before dying. Wishing for life is tricky and if your sim doesn’t get brought back it takes 24 sim hours from trial to be revived with any method. To keep in mind. Also the main sim’s ghost must be a part of the household.
Step Twelve: Book of Life your sim’s spouse must write it and use it on your main sim. How? First they become a best selling author, level 10. Next they write the Book of Life. After that they need to “Capture Epic Saga” of your Main Sim while their alive. After that, when your sim dies, use the Book of Life to bring them back.
Step Thirteen: Feed Ghost Ambrosia. You can buy ingredients on the gallery, or gather as described above. Your main sim’s ghost must be a part of the family to be able to have them select to eat the dish.
Step Fourteen: If you haven’t exited without saving and gone back to a previous save at this point, make sure to get one in. I suggest saving at a point you like, play two sim days, and then go back. You will lose everything you’ve played during that time, but that’s the point.
Step Fifteen: (Cheat) End with a nice cheat on Death.toggle true/false using false to turn off death indefinitely for the entire household!

Bonus: Cow Plants can rejuvenate so if you want to play with a cow plant during the challenge that’s an extra method of enhancing your sim’s life. Not required, but might be a fun to method of playing with longevity to add.

Note: A little hint for killing your sim quick and easily, turn on “testingcheats on/off” and hold down your shift key then right click your main sim. There will be a menu of choices that come up, choose kill, killer bunny. Kind of fun, but simple to do and quick too.

So that’s it! The End. If you enjoyed playing this challenge please share your experience.

If you have any suggestions or comments about the challenge, feel free to write a review. I will try and update the challenge until I’m happy with the result.

Please mention my user name, “Joydove” in any references to this challenge for credit. Thanks for playing!
Post edited by joydove on