Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gotta say fixing this game still has a long way to go

ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Much is improved; I'll give you that. But that's kind of sad, given how much is still broken. And I play it and enjoy it, but it's like I'm only getting 3/4 of what I should be getting. Every day it's an endless dance through the minefield of bugs, constantly discovering things that don't work and adjusting. Can't light fireworks; remove that from my holiday rituals. Plants keep reverting state to piles of dirt; eventually give up on gardening. Neighbor sims come running into my house if I play as a family; make a mod to turn off family meal situations since that's what's causing it, and somehow I know that but you don't. I could go on and on, and that's not counting the things that were just plain horribly implemented and overpower gameplay that I just mod or turn off, like lifestyles and Neighborhood Plans. While I'm looking forward to the teen school expansion this week, at the same time it scares the plums out of me with its sexual orientation and especially, the wants and fears systems. They both sound like great additions, but so often things seem to go sideways. I really hope more thought has been put into them about how they will affect gameplay balance over all than in the past.

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Don't forget that sims are now uncomfortable living in houses they used to be content with. Among other things. It's getting to the point where I unplug both Sims games from the internet before playing to keep them free from any additional malarkey than they already have. That and giving up on new DLC. The problems of various sorts outweigh any benefits. I've had enough of EA breaking what currently works and telling me how I should play my game.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Don't buy brand new stuff, wait to see how others respond to it. I made the mistake of not doing that an paid the price for it- in more ways than one.

I still think Sims 3 was better than 4 in so many ways. 4 seems... rushed, I guess? Smaller worlds, less skills, less traits and traits slots, fewer outfits... and fewer occults.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Don't buy brand new stuff, wait to see how others respond to it. I made the mistake of not doing that an paid the price for it- in more ways than one.

I still think Sims 3 was better than 4 in so many ways. 4 seems... rushed, I guess? Smaller worlds, less skills, less traits and traits slots, fewer outfits... and fewer occults.

This.