Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is Your Biggest Criticism About Sims 4?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    ZitiacheZitiache Posts: 8 New Member
    Can you edit posts? whatever, just wanted to post that base game/spa day fingernails don't show up on opposite-framed sims (masculine-framed women/ feminine-framed men) there's still fingernails from other kits/packs
  • Options
    xxcolddeadxxxxcolddeadxx Posts: 1 New Member
    Through all their issues, I loved this game till about 20 minutes ago.
    I was finally forced to update from Origin to the new EA app. I went from being able to play offline to now being screwed over. I don't have internet most of the month; I work in the bush remotely and only have internet when I am in town. The EA app does not allow for offline gameplay; Ive just been screwed out of a serious amount of money. I also lost one of the few games (read as 3) games I could play without issue.
    Why the hell would you force everyone to move over to a beta app that doesn't allow for offline play of any of the games that were offline capable on Origin? Sure, the demographic I fit into (remote, lack of internet) is getting to be smaller and smaller. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. First its bug issues, then launching xpacs that aren't even finished with the need for constant updates or 3rd party programs to fix them (TS4S). The hell happened to your ability to give us a valid, and over all, inclusive product? Fix your 🐸🐸🐸🐸, EA.
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Not too many lots. I want more lots. For example, in City Living, I can see many buildings but I can't really visit most of them.

Hopefully they update some worlds soon and add more lots.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    Disappearing harvests are so disappointing. I might give up farming, it is stressing me so badly. The rabbits die too quickly.
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 61 Member
    It's superficial. That's all. Do with that as you will.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Not too many lots. I want more lots. For example, in City Living, I can see many buildings but I can't really visit most of them.

Hopefully they update some worlds soon and add more lots.

Out of all the time Sims 4 came into existence, EA/Maxis has given it's customers only one Neighborhood free of charge and that was years ago. EA/Maxis has no intention of doing that again as it cuts into their profits. Once was in the customers hands to do has been taken away in favor of profits, so until Sims 4 is out of production so will the addition of lots unless it is behind a paywall.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    edited February 2023
    Through all their issues, I loved this game till about 20 minutes ago.
    I was finally forced to update from Origin to the new EA app. I went from being able to play offline to now being screwed over. I don't have internet most of the month; I work in the bush remotely and only have internet when I am in town. The EA app does not allow for offline gameplay; Ive just been screwed out of a serious amount of money. I also lost one of the few games (read as 3) games I could play without issue.
    Why the hell would you force everyone to move over to a beta app that doesn't allow for offline play of any of the games that were offline capable on Origin? Sure, the demographic I fit into (remote, lack of internet) is getting to be smaller and smaller. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. First its bug issues, then launching xpacs that aren't even finished with the need for constant updates or 3rd party programs to fix them (TS4S). The hell happened to your ability to give us a valid, and over all, inclusive product? Fix your 🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸, EA.

I just tested and was able to run the game offline. When I boot up the EA app without Internet it looks totally blank, as if it is not working. But when I click the 3 lines in the top left corner, I can set the app in offline mode. Offline mode is very minimal but allows access to installed game. Unlike origin, which automatically went into offline mode, I have to manually select offline mode with the EA app. Just saying in case this might help you.
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    the lack of depth. sims don't interact with/react to each other or their environments in any realistic or logical way, even when you micromanage everything. their personalities and relationships and careers and the worlds they live in are all far too shallow and there is a distinct lack of consequences.