Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A couple questions about the Potion of Immortality

Hi, I'm working to make my Sims immortal, and currently I've stopped them from aging using cloned Potions of Youth, but I still have to have my Sims drink the Potions of Youth to stay alive. But, I heard that a level 10 Spellcaster can brew the Potion of Immortality which will completely stop a Sim from aging. My thought is to have a keep my Sims alive for the time being using the Potions of Youth, and then have a spellcaster brew a Potion of Immortality, which I can then clone and feed to all my Sims, rendering them all immortal. But before I do this, does anyone know if 1. If the Potion of Immortality is clone-able, and 2. If the Potion of Immortality keeps the Sim in their current age stage or just keeps them from dying (but they still age). Any response is appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    @Garfieldwxg55 I don't know the answer to your second question but I've cloned potions before, so you should be ok in that regard.
  • Options
    Garfieldwxg55Garfieldwxg55 Posts: 76 Member
    Thanks for your help, hopefully someone else knows about the mechanics of the Potion of Immortality :)
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    @Garfieldwxg55 The potion of Immortality won't stop your sim from aging unfortunately. It only prevents them from dying of old age, they will still age up to an elder.
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    edited June 2022
    I think that vampirism and aging off are the only 2 options in game to freeze aging, but the cloned potion of youth is a pretty neat idea to be incorporated in a story. The only downside to the potion of immortality is that infinity sign in a glowing white around their heads when you see them walking about. I find it distracting.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    The Potion of Rejuvenation is the spellcaster potion for making yourself or someone else younger. It does the same thing as the Potion of Youth. It's not permanent though. Like the Potion of Youth you do start aging again from the beginning of the current life stage. I think it can also fail sometimes (all potions sometimes fail) and make you older.