Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy midsummer eve everyone!

If I can't have a maypole in game, I guess I will have to build one myself. Happy midsummer everyone.

AVvXsEj0_j1XvKMt7MaOig5rTcHQBYQNEytGGFLo4mhaJseOYEza64UCv1ajIB7qQ3Zf1lhJTzb6NoF7-h4I6F0FwiBi64lPuZChiDuzrT8CW2oH9YKhDnY5BW-O9GlsfO_dz-TmOnq1XjQEgT_0TmmD9C528lneg4rFtaX0LAaRH8RGvvzKmEHMKJxR8l8v2Q=s16000
Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Thank you. Don't tend to celebrate it here in the US. but it's too bad. Sounds like fun.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Same back to you, thank you :) We don't do maypoles much here, more midsummer bonfires :) Lovely design <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,039 Member
    Thank you to all who complemented the design. I will have to give credit where credit is due, though, as I saw something very similar online and used as inspiration for my build. But yes, it is great fun.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    What's midsummer?
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,039 Member
    @PlayerSinger2010 It's a celebration of the summer solstice which is celebrated in (among other countries) Sweden. Here we do it by dancing around a maypole, wearing flowers in our hair and eating things like pickled herring, freshly harvested summer potatoes and, for dessert, strawberries with whipped cream (or a strawberry cake). In other countries they light big bonfires. For us, the celebration takes place on the Friday closest to the actual summer solstice, so today in other words.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Happy Midsummer! 🌞
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    We celebrate this too, young and unmarried girls make flower crowns and wear them. Never seen a pole though, but flower vendors will sell flower crowns on this day and Lady's bedstraw flowers which are associated with this holiday. Also, the night before it's supposed to be a night for very strong love magic so Romany witches make love spells. And men are not supposed to go out that night for fear they will meet magical dancing ladies that will smite them.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    We used to have Maypole dances in the US. Or at least one community we lived in did. When I was very tiny I went to see my sister dance in one. I enjoyed it so much that it sticks in my memory even today. I wish we still had them!
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Happy Midsummer from Finland. :)
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2022
    Beautiful build. Happy Midsummer from Sweden, I hope you all had a great weekend in the warm weather.
  • Options
    lakirelakire Posts: 75 Member
    @JAL @logion Glad Midsommar (Några dagar försent)!
    Kul att se fler och fler svenskar här. Trodde faktiskt inte att vi va så många! :)
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Glad midsommar i efterskott :)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I've never heard of June being a midsummer. Here in Canada, July is the midsummer.
  • Options
    LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    edited June 2022
    @SERVERFRA From what I understand, it happens on the summer solstice, which is when the days start getting shorter and the nights longer, so it's a bit different than what "feels" like midsummer to the rest of us, (I think it's because July is halfway through the year and so we think of that as midsummer, but others might disagree with me on that).
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Our Summer season here in Canada starts in June 21st & ends in September 22nd.
    I don't really know much about other countries that may have completely different kinds of seasons.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Like mentioned the midsummer fest comes from summer solstice, so it's not relevant whether it's exactly in the middle of summer. In Finland it's called Juhannus and has a different meaning. It's an old pagan holiday.
  • Options
    Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member

Happy Midsummer (a bit late) from Sweden <3