Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't think I could have cut this any closer

I have a sim who is researching anything involving the supernatural or occult creatures and their lives. One night she got a cryptic phone call from a vampire complementing her neck. So to be safe I would lock her exterior doors to prevent the caller from inviting himself in for a midnight snack. She had a busy day of studying and chatting up on the Werewolf history at the local library. Afterward, I sent her home and sent her to bed. I then remembered I had forgotten to lock her doors. So I paused the game to do this, and just before I started up the game, low and behold who was walking up to the front door, none other than the pesky vampire, Vlad from Forgotten Hollow. Fortunately he turned around and left, leaving my sim alone.

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I feel your relieve and anxiety. I have done this too. I have gone as far as too quickly lock the bedroom door for everyone while my sim was sleeping and Vlad was in her house already :o
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    I don't really mind the rare vampire visits while my sim is sleeping. While painful, none of my sims have been turned; they're just vey sore for a day.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I find it strange that Vlad is such a pest for people TBH (I know LilSimsie always seems to suffer Vlad visits). He has come into my house I think once in total and then just occasionally knocks on the door but leaves if no-one answers.
    Its like I have the cuddly version of Vlad installed!!LOL
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Vlad pays a visit to every new resident I put into houses or move into new houses. :| The only one he hasn't visited yet is my new werewolf, Austin Steel...I am waiting. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I haven't had Vlad visit for ages actually I wonder how some people seem to have them all the time

and even more curious how he seems to find all the ones who do not like him :lol:

if there was vampires they were some of those pesky randomized townies that just stand at my sims doors doing absolutely nothing until i click send home cause they got no business standing there

think last i saw vlad was when they first introduced scenarios and i had my simself living with some other sim cause i was testing them and even then he sip the other sim instead :lol: must have sensed my plasma no good

but even before that i had not seen vlad break in for ages so i was just so happy to see the old sport getting out for drink :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    My standard procedure is to lock outside doors as soon as it gets dark and to establish a garlic farm by the front door at first opportunity.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited June 2022
    I usually try to keep my doors locked, and although I see vlad show up in my new rotational scenario save standing at doors, I really don’t see him much in my old rotational main save. I do have one sim ( out of over 150 sims in the rotation ) that has had another vampire sim show up and come inside to drink her blood twice, it makes her very sluggish the next day….. so now I watch her door carefully. She lives in a city apartment.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    That is funny! :D I have the opposite problem though. I have never had a vampire break in :cry: I have seen them knocking at the door many times, but I always fail to put my sims to sleep so that the vampires could break in. When I manage to put them in bed on time it's usually the family that has garlic wreaths at their front door (because the mom investigated vampires when she was younger and grew a lot of garlic) :sweat_smile: But I'm sure that if I keep practising bedtimes someday I'll have my first break in.