Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves Positivity Thread

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2022
    I'm a bit obsessed with the werewolf pack at the moment. I've been playing it since the release and I'm having so much fun with it. It's been such a turn around for me because I didn't actually want werewolves in the Sims 4 and now I think they could possibly be my favourite occult in the game. I'm also completely in love with Moonwood Mill the premades. :D
  • Options
    KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    I love this pack so much. It's one of my favorites, actually. Maybe it has some of its annoying quirks, but it is so much fun. My little werewolf went to college and destroyed a dorm room, it was hilarious. (not to his roommates, tho). I like the scars, I actually like the way the werewolves look. IDK how ppl want werewolves to look? They can't look like normal wolves, that's just weird.
    I like the interactions werewolves can have. I didn't play with werewolves too much in Sims 3, but I feel like this has interactions you can't do in 3. (I still love 3, though) Anyway, the game I am currently playing is so fun. I made a werewolf husband and wife and the wife's brother who is kind of a wet blanket. He's at college trying to go back to his old life and fit in. Obviously, most of his roommates fear him, i feel bad because he feels like an outcast, but eh. It's interesting to see him try to "Regain Control" when he rampages and never knowing if he will succeed or not. (I have to use UI cheats when he thinks he is about to rampage during or before class. He got a D in a class for walking out to rampage in the last 10 minutes. Never. Again.) I like that make them howl, too.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited June 2022
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm a bit obsessed with the werewolf pack at the moment. I've been playing it since the release and I'm having so much fun with it. It's been such a turn around for me because I didn't actually want werewolves in the Sims 4 and now I think they could possibly be my favourite occult in the game. I'm also completely in love with Moonwood Mill the premades. :D

Unpopular opinions time, oh yeah I have two. I have loved every one of the premades I've encountered so far. I can see myself actually playing all of them at some point too. I am head over heels in love with Moonwood Mill too. I don't even care that there's only one empty lot. It's already in my top 2 or 3 all time favorite worlds. It is simply gorgeous.

Even as excited as I was before it dropped I never would have thought I could love it as much as I do. I didn't think it was possible to top Vampires or City Living either, but, here I am with every expectation met or exceeded.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,385 Member
    edited June 2022
    I'm in love with this game pack and I definitely didn't expect it because I didn't even care about werewolves. I'm still more of a "vampire person" but the gameplay on this pack is so much fun. I love all the autonomy, I love that we can't control rampaging werewolves too much.:smiley:
    It's been a long time since I've been as excited about the gameplay on a new pack. They did a great job with this one.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    I'm enjoying learning more about the Werewolves & building up the powers. I also love Moonwood Mill even though it only has 5 lots.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Same. If I'm not in this thread singing the pack's praises, it's probably because I'm too busy gleefully playing my new werewolf household. :D
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    yup, my only problem is having too many storylines in my head that I want to play!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have no time for playing during the summer weeks but it is so much fun to read about everyone’s werewolves. The pack sounds amazing!
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member
    Working on my current Werewolves build today!

When you see it...
    44ISQte.png
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Lots of things to like about this pack: love the wolfie animations, the clothes and the lore. The pre-mades are also great addition, I particularly like the leader of the Moonwood Mill collective.
  • Options
    moon_mothmoon_moth Posts: 28 Member
    i've been waiting to be able to have proper werewolves forever, they look great and there's so much detail! i may not love every single aspect of the baked in lore, but i feel like mods are inevitable, and any issues i might have with the effect of that stuff on gameplay is fixable. honestly the game felt incomplete having vampires but not werewolves. they seem to always go hand in hand in folklore and popular culture, whatever the details are.
    and i love that we have some grungier CAS and build mode stuff.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    My werewolf started an autonomous action and when I hovered to see what it was, she had the 'zoomies' lol she was dashing round her community dorm just like my foster kittens do. The pack has lots of nice little thoughtful touches that I enjoy.
  • Options
    moon_mothmoon_moth Posts: 28 Member
    also i gotta say it was a pleasant surprise that the female werewolves actually look the same as male werewolves. they don't need breasts imho; if other people want the lady wolves to have a chest, you know, fine, but i'm not just talking about that. they aren't hyperfeminized, if you know what i mean. like the whole "female orc" thing, where males have big hulking muscular frames and they have big tusks and severe features but the females just look like a Hot Girl. not that i was expecting that big of a contrast in the game at all, just illustrating what i'm talking about. it's a whole trend w/ monster/creature women. i love monstergirls and i love when they don't all have to be Sexy ykwim
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,236 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Wow, your tunnels look amazing. Love that idea.

@DaniRose2143 I love these premades too, they're all gorgeous and have distinct personalities. I'm pairing Lou with Lux, she's his fated mate though did wonder if he shouldn't be with Celeste who works the bar (will definitely move her into a house) and the Wolfie and Claude household are probably my favourite across all the packs.

The world is just beautiful, my only gripe being it needs more lots. It's perfect for dog walking or a camping trip.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @Scrapdash I have all the ones Maxis added to the gallery in my game but so far Lux is the only one I've really interacted with, and she is a blast to have around. In my game she won't get as lucky with Lou, he is the Fated Mate of my werewolf Ava and they're are expecting a litter of their own in a couple of days.🐶 I'm looking forward to meeting and interacting with the others.

I've made it through the weekend with the pack and there is no change in my feelings about it. I've played the hell out of it and I'm not even the tiniest bit bored with it. I came into the pack with the idea that Moonwood Mill would just be a world my werewolf would come to if she wanted to do something werewolfy, but she's only gone back to her home in Henford twice in the nearly two sim weeks since I started. With the perks I've given her I've unintentionally made it to where she doesn't even need a home, the entire sims universe is her home.

-With the Wolf Nap perk she doesn't need a bed, she can sleep on the ground anywhere she wants as a human or a wolf.
    -With the Personal Grooming perk she doesn't need a bathtub or shower, she just 🐸🐸🐸🐸 herself clean. Full hygiene need met no matter how dirty she is. And it works the same as human or a wolf.
    -With the Hunter perk she doesn't need a refrigerator or stove, she hunts her meal and eats it raw, once again human or wolf.
    -With the Mark Your Territory perk she doesn't need a toilet. I haven't gotten her this perk yet, but it is next up. I don't know whether or not she'll be able to relieve herself in public as human like she will as a wolf, but it won't matter. All she'd have to do is transform into her wolf form, do her business and then change back.

There you have it, a completely feral sim, and she can be feral in both forms. An interesting discovery that I just stumbled onto as I was adding perks and suddenly realized she hadn't been back to her home in like three or four days and I was having no trouble whatsoever keeping her needs met and her happy. Moonwood Mill even with one empty lot can be home to all of your werewolves, they can live at their pack's clubhouse or they can be lone wolves out in the wilds surrounding the town.

I haven't run out of things to do or find with this pack after almost four days of wall to wall gameplay. It's now Monday and I'm still just as blown away as I was when I first started on Thursday.
  • Options
    Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I really like the pack. I like every bit about it. Even the small world which you can just visit freely ( and I understand why it's small).

I think it's SO cute that baby werewolves actually howl during their cry!! <3
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,577 Member
    I'm really enjoying the different temperaments. I had to clone one of the trailer sims because the one in the gallery has max'd out Werewolf powers and traits and the clone started with the Territorial temperament so she gets fussy if Werewolves are marking their territory near her. It's one of my favorite temperaments so far. I had another one get Carnivore for his first temperament so he was grumpy eating out of the fridge while building up enough points to go hunting.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2022
    I love this pack! So, my werewolf was at the bar and I wasn’t paying attention to the lunar cycle and the moon was full. Around 9:00 p.m. in game time she started to rampage along with Rory and her crew who were also there and this happened…
    UUOM0gB.jpg

KS7ksyc.jpg

I asked around on Twitter because I wasn’t sure what was going on and apparently you can during a rampage scare other sims so bad that they faint! Ha ha ha, it’s awesome!

Poor Morgyn was chatting with my sim as she transformed and then they cowered and ran away and a few seconds later I found them like this.
    NMZSgeU.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying the different temperaments. I had to clone one of the trailer sims because the one in the gallery has max'd out Werewolf powers and traits and the clone started with the Territorial temperament so she gets fussy if Werewolves are marking their territory near her. It's one of my favorite temperaments so far. I had another one get Carnivore for his first temperament so he was grumpy eating out of the fridge while building up enough points to go hunting.

My werewolf got Carnivore first too. It took a while to figure out how to deal with it. Now that she has the hunter perk everything is fine. She got Wolf Brain next, then Easily Excitable, and Night Wolf. She has the Wolf Nap perk, and if I have her sleep on the ground in a patch of sunlight she'll let out little contented growls. It's probably something they all do all the time, but I like to pretend she's doing because it feels good to curl up in that patch of sunshine. Just like doggos and kitties do in the real world.

I love the caption with wolf brain, thinking hard head hurt. There are days where I can relate. Guess I have wolf brain too.😉
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I'm in love with this game pack and I definitely didn't expect it because I didn't even care about werewolves. I'm still more of a "vampire person" but the gameplay on this pack is so much fun. I love all the autonomy, I love that we can't control rampaging werewolves too much.:smiley:
    It's been a long time since I've been as excited about the gameplay on a new pack. They did a great job with this one.

Yeah I'm having really fun with the pack too. I just love how it adds this very welcome touch of chaotic energy. I TRULY hope they aren't going to nerf it away. I'm gonna be mad if they do.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,236 Member
    @DaniRose2143 That's the aspect I love too, your werewolf doesn't even need a fridge or bath or toilet, they can literally live wild. And yes in human form they can still mark territory, although it quickly lowers hygiene. I just tested that on Bob Pancakes, who had a run in with Greg on a recent camping trip. He's now back home and marking his territory frequently, much to Elizas disgust. It's comedy gold in their house.
    Also discovered you can take a boat out on the lake in Moonwood Mill, that might be my favourite spot.
    This is 100% my favourite Sims 4 pack and the premades are outstanding.

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    Moonwood Mill is so cool! I absolute love how it attracts Occults! I've seen my Vampires, Spellcasters, Mermaids and Aliens there and I LOVE it! ❤️
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Just wanted to add another positive comment to the bunch! I love this pack so much. I wish Moonwood Mill had at least 10 lots since it's one of my favorite worlds in the game. This pack also has outstanding premades as someone else said. Normally I just delete them all but I am not compelled to get rid of any! :)
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    Moonwood Mill is so cool! I absolute love how it attracts Occults! I've seen my Vampires, Spellcasters, Mermaids and Aliens there and I LOVE it! ❤️

I had my doubts after it was confirmed that it would have just 5 lots and only one empty. I made up my mind that I would keep that mind open to using Moonwood Mill but I would plan to make Henford my werewolf world. The livestream helped to open my mind a bit more. I was amazed at how gorgeous it looked, and how it felt, even in the video, that it was so much more than what it appeared to be. That there were layers to it. Smaller worlds within that larger world, that there was so much just under the surface waiting to be discovered. Then I actually got to see it right in front of me, to interact with it, and I realized my impression from the livestream didn't do it justice. To me it is a masterpiece.

It is an occult simmers heaven. Very few 'normies', as I call them, show up. Some do but not many. You can go there with your sim and revel in all things occult!💖

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top