Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An entire game pack on death

So I was just came up with this idea because I was thinking of a fun pack that could have some more elder gameplay. This is more based on the grim reaper career idea that was in one of the community stuff pack votes.

This pack could come with a new world that is basically like an underworld. It could improve the ghost lifestate and have basically a world for spirits to live in forever. I think living sims shouldn't be able to visit this world or maybe they will have to temporarily become a ghost using some method to go there.

It could come with a completely new occult lifestate that hasn't been done before in the franchise. It could be similar to demons but obviously be called something different. Demons could be stronger than ghosts and have powers that ghosts don't have. They would not really show up in the living world unless summoned and then they would cause a lot more havoc than a ghost would. Ghosts can become demons through certain means.

An active grim reaper career could have sims go to certain lots to reap sims souls. It could be like the game 'Spiritfarer' where grim has to complete some tasks for certain sims before they die. This could include mending relationships, finding something that is lost, completing a life long goal, and etc. I think that would make grim have to learn about the life of each sim they reap and help them find closure.

And in free updates they could add graveyards and funerals. I think it would be the perfect opportunity to add them and I think it could be free rather than in the pack.

They could make elders more interesting since its the life state the reaper would visit the most. This could be free or in the pack but I think it would make more sense for them to add it for free.
Check out my twitter and tumblr

Comments

• Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited June 2022
    Your ideas are absolutely amazing. It solves numerous things:
    • My itch for being able to play as the Reaper.
    • The lack of graveyards and funerals.
    • The Sims 4 should have things to make it more preferable to play than previous games. An entirely new occult (Reaper/Death Angel/etc) would work with that. Making Ghosts interesting to play would also help too.
    • It might be somewhat easy on development. For example, reaping souls could just be the Reaper's animations. Transporting to certain lots with dying Sims could use the teleport animation the Reaper has. Your boss could be the Reaper himself.
    • The lack of content focusing or involving elderly Sims.
    There are even numerous ways to become a temporary Ghost, although they are require certain packs. The Paranormal stuff pack lets you become one through a seance. Get to Work lets you craft a serum to turn you into a Ghost for a period of time. Realm of Magic lets you do the same with a hexed Potion of Immortality. There should probably be one more method included in your Death pack idea, but it's not like it hasn't been done before. I absolutely encourage this idea for perhaps the next occult pack.

EDIT: So I read your post and got excited and replied, but this time I carefully read it again and noticed the part where you mentioned helping Sims find closure. This reminds me of a game called To The Moon. It'd be a great way to have a more positive spin on being the Reaper. Who says Grim has to be bad? XD
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Interesting ideas, but considering the lengths they go to to make things that should be at least a little scary or dire, cute and comical only, I bet nothing like this can happen.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited June 2022
    I'm for any pack that focuses on the afterlife & brings improved ghosts, the Grim Reaper career, a graveyard/cemetery lot type & funerals. I was so disappointed when Dangerous Stuff & the Grim Reaper freelance career from Happy Haunts lost during the community pack voting process.

I would also like to see the addition of the freelance psychic career & spirit board.
    Post edited by EternalSunshine on
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I think there should be a gatekeeper that sims will have to pay a coin to when going in. Anyway I think it would an interesting world, to have all sims with no physical needs just fun and socializing, and no danger of death, maybe that will drive them to do some really whacky things. Also ghost school, materializing and dematerializing, possessing objects, speaking with the living, etc.
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I like this concept, but not really sold on the Demon aspect of it. I think there'd be plenty to do with an improved Ghost Life State, the Afterlife Realm, and the Grim Reaper active career. I feel like adding the Demon part would detract from the other elements, and I would prefer to see Ghost elevated to the same level as Vampires, Casters, or Werewolves rather than a new life state.