Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,433 Member
    edited March 29
    MiataPlay wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Thank you! Looking forward to more of your apocalyptic storyline and your lovey sims!

Unfortunately, I may have to do a restart, I'm not feeling it on this one. You know...it takes a few attempts to get the tone just right in terms of fic-writing.

I was expecting to have output like this from my muse.

From "Sunset Valley - Annihilation" a fanfic that I started on fanfiction.com.
    The Madonna and Child image was a striking contrast to the raging-in-pain virago of a few minutes earlier who was verbally airing her desire to not ever let Haruo have kids again because she was going to take a knife and make sure to render him a eunuch in the most complete way possible.

Then she absolutely floored Haruo by saying to him with emotion filled voice and teary eyes, "Honey...I want another one." To say Haruo was gobsmacked would have been an understatement.

Andrew James Junichiro Chikamori joined the nursery as their first born in the bunker.

Everyone was taking dibs on what Noel and Holly would name any kid they had. Haruo had dibs on Tinsel for a girl and Tree for a boy. River just rolled her eyes. Holly was not amused.

Haruo and River went back to child-rearing their firstborn; new parents at eighteen, yet having had to mature faster than their now immolated peers back in school who would just be completing their first year of university.

And Bella Bachelor and Mortimer Goth became teens. Bella helped out in the kitchen and went out to help with feeding the chickens and the cows.

It was at about this point the first Age Freeze potion was discovered by Haruo at the potion table which set a new quandary; were they supposed to live forever? And if so, how to make it so that future generations had their own day in the spotlight instead of the previous generation hogging the limelight. They all agreed that it had to be a personal choice. You could choose to drink the potion, or choose to abstain at the transition point between young adult and adult but once it was made it was irrevocable even if you changed your mind. Which meant a lot of thought went into The Choice as they called it. You could choose to stay the age you were when you drank the potion or you could choose to drink a Young Again potion to put you right back at the very beginning of Young Adulthood at the height of health and vigour before taking the Age Freeze potion then they were able to stay at the age in which they would be the most help in the Reconstruction.

Cameras on the exterior of the bunker saw periodic clearings in the radioactive miasma that seemed to have coated the lower atmosphere in soot clouds that sent the rad readings skyrocketing through the roof. The geiger sensors on the exterior of the building transmitted their readings to interior monitors. Evidently the scientists that had advocated that radiation from a nuclear war would dissipate in a matter of weeks were wrong; dead wrong in fact as none of them were known to have survived the initial exchange of strategic nuclear weapons. And they were not alive to have their hypotheses proven incorrect.

Haruo had opted for their generations to stay within the bunker until the radioactivity reduced down to a level that mirrored background radiation level prior to the nuclear war. Which meant they could potentially be in there much longer than the year or two the scientists were estimating. And their numbers were steadily increasing if River and Holly had more children and then would explode as the others started reaching prime child-rearing age.
    When the drone was sent up it sent back terrible images of the destruction. Augmented by transmitters the drone was able to fly over the devastated location where the base used to be. The base was now a lake as two of the 375KT blasts were surface detonations carving a massive crater in the ground where the base used to be which filled with water and was highly radioactive. The geiger counter on the drone went absolutely crazy when the drone was within 200m altitude of Crater Lake. Anything within a mile of that lake was in a death zone.

The other hotspot was the region around where the nuke detonated over City Hall, and City Hall was a wreck melted into the ground at an angle in such a way that all access doors were barred. Anyone who had survived the incredible temperatures at ground zero within the building was doomed to die of starvation as they were sealed into a crypt that used to be their workplace. Even windows that seemed a salvation were not. They had bars in the window frame that were unable to be removed from the inside and the incredible heat had welded them to the building so the occupants that were still alive could only glimpse what they couldn't reach until they starved to death.

Central Park was a mangled mess of new growth trees, and glassed ground that was the centerpiece of display to the destructive power of the atom. For the new growth trees trying to make a comeback with the renewal of life were being attacked by radiation and some of those trees had lost the fight becoming yellowed withered versions of themselves before succumbing.

It was visions like this that made Haruo despair of ever being able to set aright what had been perpetrated on his town. Every nuclear detonation was yet another blight that only time would contain.
    Though it was uncertain whether humanity had that time left.

I'd follow that story-line in my new Sims 3 illustrated fic, but my poor computer would explode. Would be well over 25 sims in the "bunker".

Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,217 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer No worries! I don't really write compete storylines...way too much work :D I mainly get my motivation from a senerio that happens in game and then elaborate on that ( very common) Right now I'm just trying to bring a ghost back to life so the family that I'm playing can be complete again. I perffer my pictures to tell the story and I am just a voice in the background. I let my sims control some of the story with all their shenanigans!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,087 Member
    I haven't been on much since the notice of the forums getting ready to close, still bummed about that. But stopping by to see how everyone is.
  • Options
    edited March 31
    Sims 3 is a hot game still. Looking forward to the new (forums) Happy to see you! 😊
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member
    I hope we all are back together again when the new forum arrives.
  • Options
    edited March 31
    @Karritz No doubt! True simmers will be in the new. Sims 3 will be right there too. What they couldn't do in 4. They will do in 5...skip 4.

I got more dlc in 4 then most people know. Waisted my money to compare...experiment.

Edit : paid full price for the original game in 2015. I was so excited...and then let down real fast.
    Post edited by MiataPlay on
  • Options
    edited March 31
    Ran one of my Sims 3 Screencaps through Krea-AI. My jaw is now on the floor.

This is the original image:
    j9BeKCC.jpg

This is what Krea-AI came up with:
    f3fdqSZ.png

I'm gobsmacked.

Upon closer inspection her thumb could use a little more work. AI apparently hasn't managed to figure out how to render human fingers yet very well.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    TECHSPERT50TECHSPERT50 Posts: 48 Member
    edited March 31
    Today, my sims went on a holiday to france, and explored a tomb!!

original.jpg
    original.jpg
    original.jpg
    original.jpg
    original.jpg
    original.jpg

• Options
    TECHSPERT50TECHSPERT50 Posts: 48 Member
    Ran one of my Sims 3 Screencaps through Krea-AI. My jaw is now on the floor.

This is the original image:
    j9BeKCC.jpg

This is what Krea-AI came up with:
    f3fdqSZ.png

I'm gobsmacked.

Upon closer inspection her thumb could use a little more work. AI apparently hasn't managed to figure out how to render human fingers yet very well.

Thats so cool, Ive tried it out now and got simular results. Super interestingg!!
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,899 Member
    edited April 1
    Generation VI Chapter Four: The Stable Girl and the Critter Hunter

Persephone quickly exhausts herself with her horse training as well as keeping tabs on her youngest siblings and fiancé. New critters fill up Evergreen House and a recurring dream proves unending.

EG-6-4-5.jpg
    Post edited by lizzielilyy on
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    @Karritz No doubt! True simmers will be in the new. Sims 3 will be right there too. What they couldn't do in 4. They will do in 5...skip 4.

I got more dlc in 4 then most people know. Waisted my money to compare...experiment.

Edit : paid full price for the original game in 2015. I was so excited...and then let down real fast.

I pre-ordered Sims 4. So I too paid full price for it in 2014. I stopped playing after impatiently waiting to shut it down while I waited for it to load. I really didn't like playing that one. So when I go my new computer in 2017 I didn't install Origin as I had also pre-ordered Sims 3 and have the version that allows me to stay on patch 1.67. If I lose access to Sims 3 then that'll most likely be the end of sims for me. Which would be a shame as I enjoy making the videos of my games. I didn't start making the videos until about 2017 or 2016.
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,151 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Oh yes, that is really cool. I like these kind of tools, keep the suggestions coming. ;)

I think these tools will be most useful for me when creating the sim bios to have perhaps more realistic images of their faces, that is how I intend to use it, just like I did with the artbreeder thing.

Now, I'm still 'stuck' playing Sim City, so I don't have any new recent Sims 3 pictures to show, but I'll try the tool on the last sims played to see what it can do.

Screenshot-114_edit.png

The Bushweeds original after concert picture.

Bushweeds_enhanced.png

Enhanced concert picture (using default settings since I'm new to this and don't know how to tweak it yet).

Well, this is cool, but.. for this one specifically I don't like how it removed the smiles from their faces and gave them more blank stares... the original is using poses I made specifically for that purpose. It's after the last concert of their tour, so they're supposed to be happy and feel like they have accomplished something great. The enhanced version doesn't make it look like it.. so in this special case I'll say, bleh! And go with the original. ;) But it is a cool tool, and I think I may have more look with it using more up close pictures of their faces, I hope.

I will probably return to playing Sims 3 some time later, but it looks like I could need a break from it right now... I'll still hang around, even if you might not hear to much from me all of the time. ;)
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    Cool.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,135 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    I hope we all are back together again when the new forum arrives.

^Me too. <3 I luv y'all. 🤗

Sorry I've been a bit quiet and haven't posted on here lately. Life's just gotten busy...and I don't like it. :grimace::lol:

Keep calm and Sim on my friends. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 1
    @Sprottenham - I don't know what happened in your render, but Krea-AI kept trying to turn all my Asian sims white. :o

I love this image. :mrgreen:
    deNUygH.png
    As long as I don't show his face, Krea-AI doesn't try to make Haruo Caucasian.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Today I'm working on my next Perfect Genetics Challenge video. There will probably be one more video following this one with Don in Mountain Lake. He might be there for two more vidoes. It depends on how the game play goes. When he returns home with his travelling teens, I'm planning to age up Cindy's youngest set of twins and their imaginary friends made real. This will result in Cindy's heir becoming a teen. She will need to be a teen until she gets a grade A at school. I'll have to try to remember to not choose a trait for her, other than dislikes children once it becomes available for her. Once Cindy's heir becomes a Young Adult the videos will begin a new series which will be Generation 3.

Now, I plan to start work on a different story and leave the Perfect Genetics story for a while. I'm thinking about which story I should pick up. I might try working on two of them concurrently.

The choices are The McFluff Story which is played in the same game as Oscar's Childhood and Teen Years.

Here are the current main characters of the McFluff Story. Iris and Gerry. Iris has inherited Old Gertie's dream of finding a way of turning her 15 cats back into humans.

Iris-And-Gerry006.jpg

Iris and Gerry have had a Plant Sim baby.

Iris002.jpg

There is an interesting babysitter who I'm hoping to capture and add to the game. If he turns up again.

We could run into Oscar and his friends occasionally but I'm not planning to focus on Oscar just yet as his story was the one I focused relatively recently. But if you really want to see the Adventures of Oscar, Eric and Susanne I can do that.

Other possibilities are Caroline and Friends where they are trying to get the badges that came with University Life and any other badges that might be doable.

Screenshot-195.jpg

Caroline is now living in a large household of a mix of young adults with wildly varying traits. This makes for fun stories and increases the badges that are possible. I will have to play while logged in to allow the badges to be achieved. There are at least two autonomous romances beginning in this group. It could be interesting.

I've completed 30 Grandchildren, so I won't be working on that one, but I am likely to add sims from that game to any other game. Are there any sims from that series you would like to see as a townie, or a household member in another story?

I don't want to start Isla Paradiso Bunch Series 3 yet although that is a possibility. I'd like to try to complete some of the other stories first if possible. The first series of this story completed all of the Island Paradise Badges that I needed to get, and the second series did a walkthrough of all of the tombs and many of the other adventures available in World Adventures expansion pack. I've now moved them all to a new game. The main household live in Dragon Valley and have related households living there too. This includes the four main mermaids that came with Island Paradise and the alien mothers of alien children born to Sam and Craig. I split the main household up as there were too many sims in it and it is simply unplayable. I moved Judy Butler and her children to Sunlit Tides and I would probably start playing that household.

This is Judy's house in Sunlit Tides. There are too many sims in the household for me to post all of their pictures here now.
    Isla-Paradiso-Bunch-In-Sunlit-Tides001.jpg

Judy is a powerful witch. I've been playing her on and off since Supernatural Expansion pack was released. She can do just about anything. I recently had a episode in the Perfect Genetics Challenge where Carl visited Judy in Sunlit Tides to be cured of todification. If you watch that episode you will see the current members of Judy's household.

https://youtu.be/yynb8291gm8

Judy's household includes some plant sims and cloned sims. Her clones include her daughter, Anne who is a clone of Judy, and a clone of Triton King and a clone of Lea Dutiel from France in World Adventures. The plant sims include Charlie the Plant Sim and the Bernie and Benjie who she picked in Isla Paradiso. Each of her children has an imaginary friend that's been made real. The children and toddlers and babies have all aged up. I added two extra sims, Anne and Charlie The Plant Sim. They were Judy's children in all games prior to the Isla Paradiso Bunch and I really wanted them to return to her so I added them into this new save. I've also added an extra male sim with the idea he might be a romantic interest for Judy but so far nothing is happening there.

That's about it. Hopefully I'll be able to post a video every couple of weeks.

Happy Simming

• Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited April 2
    @Nikkei_Simmer Yeah, I'm not sure what happened to them either.. and yeah, I did notice a tendency for them to look Asian as well, even though they weren't made to be. Actually, all of them except Kajsa on the right are generated using the dice function in Create a sim, which also explains their outfits.. no plan or thought behind their appearance whatsoever! :P The idea behind them (except Kajsa) was to quickly create a household of some fun sims with the party animal trait.. then three of them wished to be in a band, so they ended up starting one with Kajsa and that's how the band was formed. ;)

4DN8uOq.jpg

I don't have to many Asian families in my game, but there is one, the Xie-Luo family who are modeled after Chinese people. Dongmei Xie-Luo on the right, and Jingguo Xie-Luo on the left. Don't know how good of a job I did there, but they were made separately before I joined this forum as single households and I never really had them as an active household for very long. This is an old picture of them where they both have EA default skins.... Then somehow, when left to their own devices, they actually found each other, married and had three children, Leo as the oldest and the twin toddlers Jiang and Hung. (I only quickly went into their household to give the twin toddlers their names). A little bit amusing that story progression put them together as a couple, especially since they should have conflicting personality traits since I made Jingguo to be brave and Dongmei to be a coward....but anyway, the point of all that was of course that I want to see how krea.ai treats an upscale of them, so lets try...
    The AI recognizes this as (the prompt) 'A family of five, two adults and three children, stand outside a green brick house.' Using default settings.

enhanced%20Xie-Luo.png

Hmm, fascinating. I suppose this could be convincing enough maybe.

..and well, speaking of Asians, the Chitrakaar family, who is modeled after people from India are also Asian. ;)

82eikyi.png

This is the best group picture I have of them, and of course this is the extended family so it's a bit of a mixed bag in here. However, on this picture there is actually only one sim I have made directly, and that's Leya in the back left holding her child Orinder. She was made around the same time as I made Dongmei and Jingguo above, and then when she married Gaute to her right, who is Ranveigs ex, and thus made it in to the general storyline, she needed a family....

So I took one of her ribs from her rib cage while she was asleep and used it as a base so I used her as a base to make her parents Laranya and Deepak, and then used 'play with genetics' to make their children and her siblings, Udisha (on the couch to the right holding her baby Madhunisha), Palash (standing between Sofia and Dudleif, EA premades), Bhavan to the left on the couch, and the youngest Nitya standing to the right in her randomly generated prom outfit..

The children who haven't been mentioned is Leyas daughter Bodil holding grandmas arm, Udisha and Dudleifs son Nishit sitting on the chair and their youngest son OIe Christian standing to the left of Bhavans girlfriend Beate Curious (EA premade) sitting on the chair to the right.. a mixed bag of people on this picture, so it should be interesting to see what the AI does here maybe...
    AI generated prompt: 'A large family poses for a Christmas photo in front of a festive background.' Default settings.

enhancedFamilyChristmas2022.png

Well... my immediate thought was THIS IS NICE, but after looking at it a few more times, there are some oddities here.. Gaute no longer looks like Gaute and has been given som red elf/Santa hat instead (in sim version he does have a very special appearance though...). Dudleif has a beard all of a sudden, Bodil looks perhaps a little to young, and Madhunishas arms just don't look right.. the one that came out of this best is probably Beate on the right. She looks pretty... the others, meh, a mixed bag of results I think..

I don't know, this is a cool tool, but I'll probably be wary of using it to create realistic looking images of my sims that are in line with how I imagine or want them to be. ;)

That being said, this almost made me want to go back to playing with the Sims 3 again, and if/when I do so I'll pick up where I left before the bands tour with Bhavan and Beate where I have planned for a while to have them celebrate christmas over at Beates familys house (The Curious family), which is a family I don't really know all that well, so it might be interesting.. I may continue with this during or over the weekend, maybe..
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    So, far nothing has been going on in my "Sims 3" game because right now, I'm undergoing a major revamp of my Sims 3 Blogger site.

And nothing gives me more headaches than to try to figure out how to craft a Sims 3 site that is going to be able to be easily navigable instead of routing one off into dead-ends. I'm also trying to clean out my "dead-fics" that my muse has basically abandoned. It's annoying, but it happens. When your muse can't come up with any more on that story and bails out, there's not much choice in the matter. And I'm not about to stamp my feet and demand that my muse return and finish what SHE started. (my muse is female, I'm male :mrgreen: and I've been married long enough to know that doesn't work with females :o ).

Because of so many abandoned fics, I've found that my wholesale cleanup and amalgamation has turned into a massive project that may span many months.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    KF1K1MZ.png

8ESpepm.png

Lato09z.jpg

DjlMtQt.png

The family is having their final wake for Serenna before taking her remains to the blood lake for resurrection tonight.

xDqgDEN.jpg

k76XRks.png

54C7q5Z.jpg

fK3Ikyv.jpg

KE0Pge9.jpg

vwHrleY.jpg

5PmWLSQ.jpg

OMG! I am hooked on KREA. AI books and sims pictures.. :o (jk) ooh can I ? :#
    I just wanted to check this out. I'll post real sims pictures in the future. :D
    Leon looks a little too lash luscious..but Sid!! Yum :o

• Options
    I was expecting sims 4 to look more like these AI enhanced pictures..ya know? Sims 5 better bring it.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,135 Member
    I was expecting sims 4 to look more like these AI enhanced pictures..ya know? Sims 5 better bring it.

@MiataPlay ^Amen to that.......

You have beautiful sims by the way. 👍🏻 :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 374 Member
    I took a visit to a foreclosed beach house that doubled as a tomb.
    RcDOHFv.jpeg

It doesn't look too bad on the outside and it even has a nice view of the lighthouse.
    AVVdmtI.jpeg

Finding the trigger to unlock the door wasn't that difficult. It was barely hidden among the dead grass.
    FzOtbTc.jpeg

Upon entry through the boarded up door we're met with a fireplace, wine nectar rack, bookcase, and lamp to our right.
    pCxzIIa.jpeg

On our left is the stairs, chair and sofa, another bookcase, coffee table with lamp, and two of the most out of place statues roped off from the house that just so happen to be blocking a doorway. Don't mind the fact you can't see the stairs in the picture, okay?
    Lua6hKz.jpeg

So we go upstairs instead.

Upstairs there are multiple rooms. Let's check out the first room straight ahead from the stairs!

dCXyVts.jpeg
    ...Oh, dear.

Room number one is a bedroom with two skeletons, a gnome, gem, money bag and a bottle of wine nectar.
    TOXtQuK.jpeg
    fChUEYC.jpeg

Room number one also has a water trap. Lovely. We got soaked but were able to cross it.
    yKhbM8a.jpeg

Room number two is a study with a bookcase, a single chair oddly placed to the side, more wine nectar and a money bag. No traps in this one.
    c9FzhjV.jpeg

Or in the third room which is just a bathroom. A musty, outdated, bathroom with walls that no doubt have mold growing on them.
    3zyooA0.jpeg
    HYnVcqT.jpeg

Last but not least the final upstairs room. Drum roll please...

KOBzdFP.jpeg
    qLRuWs8.jpeg
    ...And there's more skeletons. And a money bag, can't forget the money bag.
    ypsyTtY.jpeg

We head back downstairs to see the rest of this cursed lovely beach house.

Another water trap was triggered, another soaking, but this time we couldn't cross and had to disarm it.
    After solving the giant slide puzzle with the statues we enter a dark, dank, kitchen that probably has the same mold problem as the upstairs bathroom. There's some more loot in the form of a money bag, cut diamond, ingot, and wine nectar.
    l7gTbQ7.jpeg
    riRRGOR.jpeg
    e1wCYnr.jpeg

Off to the side next to the fridge is an entrance to the void.
    ZhN9lII.jpeg

Upon triggering the third water trap it was revealed that the void was in fact a bathroom.
    5qtq9IZ.jpeg
    cGXmedQ.jpeg

We collected our loot and that was all the rooms of the beach house.

What's the story behind this house? Why have its occupants met a terrible fate?

Who knows? I sure don't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Options
  • Options
    Still debating on whether to beat my muse over the head or not.

Here's attempt number 2.

End of Days - Prologue

Sunset Valley – The End of Days
    Prologue

Sunset Valley, BC

River’s Journal – June 15th 1989

y9ud0uH.jpg
    Today is one of the sunniest days we’ve had. Spring in British Columbia has always been a mixture of precipitation and rain. I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but for right now, everything is right with the world – everything is as it should be. I’m now a young adult. Haruo turned young adult a year ago. And now the two of us are of the age of majority. Bebe turned young adult about six months ago and our lives are ahead of us. The three of us and Phil, Haruo’s friend, have always been tight, inseparable. Although Bebe tolerates Phil and Phil does everything to get on Bebe’s nerves, they’re still friends. And now Clarissa has entered the scene. She has been a boon for Phil as she tolerates his idiosyncrasies. I think they’re a match.
    gl6t1K8.jpg
    G41OJ2j.jpg
    Meanwhile, Haruo, having been henpecked by his mother, has never really known what to do. Just recently, Haruo and I have decided to move to 5 Summerhill Court and that took a lot of convincing on my part, but I think he needed to be away from his mother – with some of the things he’s had to go through, I fear for his sanity. I don’t know how we managed to do it, but we have enough saved that we can put tents on a large sized property and start living our lives there as we earn enough money to make a success of ourselves.

But even so, we’ve heard so many disturbing things on the news. The Soviets have had yet another regime change. Since 1982 and the death of Brezhnev, we’ve had a string of Russian General Secretaries. Andropov lasted two years, then Konstantin Chernenko, now we have Mikhail Gorbachev who had led the Soviet Union to a point where there was a tenuous peace between the United States and the Warsaw Pact nations that were allied with the Soviet Union. Evidently according to my social studies teacher, who not only has been teaching us history, but also keeping us abreast of current news – we discussed many world events in class; the Soviet Union’s Politburo has been disgruntled over the fact that Gorbachev is making overtures to the West and it was nearing a tipping point. There was talk of a coup so the peace was very fragile and hung in a balance where the slightest event could tip it in a direction that was unwanted.

According to Haruo who also watched the news lately, he was of the opinion that the Soviets would probably topple Gorbachev and send us into a war that would quite possibly end humanity. I wish I could say that he was wrong. But growing up with his mother has left him with a severe case of complex PTSD and an outlook that is always pessimistic. He says that is the only way that he can protect himself. I wish there was something that I could do to help him.

zfewZlw.jpg

Sometimes I feel as though world events sweep us a long in a tidal wave and we are helpless to stop it. I doubt that we as ordinary people can. World events are influenced by a few people in power whose motives we don’t understand and the rest of us are caught up in the ramifications of the decisions of the few. But since we have little influence over the things that bother the rest of the world, the only thing that we can do is to go about our daily lives and hope that the responsibility that we’ve given our world leaders is not for naught.

When I was in the White House, I was confronted with the challenge of the Cold War. Both the Soviet Union and I had 30,000 nuclear weapons that could destroy the entire earth and I had to maintain the peace. ~ Jimmy Carter

I remember fear and I remember the potential of nuclear war. ~ Jack Scalia
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @emorrill Thank you!
    I love posting in your thread :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file