Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Important Update on the Future of These Forums

Comments

• Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    mmmmmm Bacon Pie! I'll be in my bunk.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Caerfinon wrote: »
    mmmmmm Bacon Pie! I'll be in my bunk.

Jayne! :smiley:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Oh that's hilarious I did not expect to see Firefly characters showing up on the TS4 forum today :)

@rosemow what I meant was not about the new forum but the current one, which we are continuing to use even though we know content won't be permanent.
    Since the nominations period is over, there is no further need for the Nominated Threads section.
    Many of us find that section confusing to navigate given the large amount of announcements on top, and content from all sections of the forum mixed together.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,657 Member
    Since the nominations period is over, there is no further need for the Nominated Threads section.
    Many of us find that section confusing to navigate given the large amount of announcements on top, and content from all sections of the forum mixed together.

@mightysprite I think this is an important point. It is hard to find the discussions in the mix. If we can restore the threads to their sections, it will help the community continue to thrive while we wait for the new forum to open up.

• Options
    TECHSPERT50TECHSPERT50 Posts: 46 Member
    edited March 18
    cyncie wrote: »

@mightysprite I think this is an important point. It is hard to find the discussions in the mix. If we can restore the threads to their sections, it will help the community continue to thrive while we wait for the new forum to open up.

I hope in the new ea forums that they are restored to their respective sections.
    Post edited by TECHSPERT50 on
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited March 16
    Bookmarking threads will help everyone to find their threads @mightysprite :).

It's also helpful to keep the nominated threads so we know that what we nominated is coming with us. Our suitcase is packed :)!

You could use the control F button to find certain words on the nominated treads list, and then, bookmark any threads that you haven't already bookmarked. That will help everyone to stay organized.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Bookmarking threads will help everyone to find their threads mightysprite :).

I have had all threads I mostly look bookmarked for so long, I did not even notice those were moved at first :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @coolsim9999999 Is there any way to sort or organize our bookmarks?
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu --- Yeah, it took a few days for them to put the Nominated Threads list together :).
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited March 17
    @mightysprite --- Bookmarks are in order by the date and time that someone posted in each thread. I'll bet that will help you until the new forum opens in July :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Any chance in the new forum that pictures could be put on directly from the game and not by using a third party app?
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,435 Member
    Many of us find that section confusing to navigate given the large amount of announcements on top

I'm late to this but if you move your cursor on the thread, a gear appears. Clicking it gives an option to dismiss those announcement threads. It confusing me as well until I dismissed them
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    I have a question, I'm confused, if I keep posting here and in the nominated threads it will be migrated too or not anymore, or I need to post it on the AHQ if I want it to keep migrating?
    Honestly I prefer to keep posting here until the new forum comes up, because I found the AHQ layout confusing to navigate
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Any posts that you make now on any of the threads in this forums won’t be tranferred over to the new EA forums site when it is launched @Hauk150 You can keep posting on these forums, but what you post will disappear when the new forums come.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Any posts that you make now on any of the threads in this forums won’t be tranferred over to the new EA forums site when it is launched @Hauk150 You can keep posting on these forums, but what you post will disappear when the new forums come.

Thanks, that's good to know
    I would like to keep my posts, so instead if I post them on the ea answers hq forum I will keep them and they will be moved to the new forum when it comes out?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    @Hauk150 posts on AHQ will not be moved to the new forum. They will remain on AHQ.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hauk150 wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »

Thanks, that's good to know
    I would like to keep my posts, so instead if I post them on the ea answers hq forum I will keep them and they will be moved to the new forum when it comes out?

The posts that you make on AHQ won’t be transferred over to the new EA forums @Hauk150 but they won’t disappear. They will remain on AHQ. The posts that you make on this old forums will though disappear.
  • Options
    Thanks, that's good to know, I wouldn't like to lose my posts, so now I will be posting on the AHQ, see you there, later on the new forum I will repost my creations there so I have them joined with my previous art thread from here
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager

I asked about this and got a full dissertation of an answer that I'm going to summarize very, very poorly:

They need to stay in the Nominated Threads section until the site closure.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Okay, thank you for checking @EA_Cade :)

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    @EA_Cade, I have a question about the new website. Will there be any type of a game registration like it was on the old Sims 3 site or will it be like this site where anyone can sign up without a game code of some sort? I only ask this because of all the spammers that this site has seen over the years that we have been here.
  • Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    @EA_Cade, I have a question about the new website. Will there be any type of a game registration like it was on the old Sims 3 site or will it be like this site where anyone can sign up without a game code of some sort? I only ask this because of all the spammers that this site has seen over the years that we have been here.

The new forum will use your EA account like Answers HQ does currently. We do get the occasional spammer on AHQ, but our filters there are much more robust than what we have available here and stop most of it before it appears.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    You can find those sections here on AHQ.
    I have an account on that forum you linked that dates back to 2013, will the new forum use that same account, with that same join date or will it be a new one? Thanks.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    FraTac wrote: »
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    You can find those sections here on AHQ.
    I have an account on that forum you linked that dates back to 2013, will the new forum use that same account, with that same join date or will it be a new one? Thanks.

Answers HQ will exist independently of the new EA Forums, I believe everyone will have a fresh start date there.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Ah, now that I have used Answers HQ, I have a new question.

Can we use the quote formatting without having to quote someone?

So instead of this in the beginning of the post:
    EgonVM wrote: »
    That's really sad to see forums go down. Really enjoyed my time here.

How about The Sims 2, The Sims 1, The Sims Medieval, The Sims Franchise, and The Sims 3 sections? Where exactly could we find these?

And, what exactly is the link to the new forums?

We can also do this:
    In-game text
    Additional info separated to make it easier to read
    Some list item I guess...

Lack of it in Answers HQ is really strange sometimes. I have to get creative on what I use for it to separate it from the main text...