Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February Patch Speculation 2024 (Now Live) (Emergency Patch Just Released To PC)

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    edited February 27
    Bruh. They added a shopping cart to the game UI. 🫤

ETA (from Sims Community): “Fans and players who didn’t ask for this feature will be disappointed to know that the icon also pulsates consistently.”

🙄
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    Bruh. They added a shopping cart to the game UI. 🫤

From the patch notes:

In this update you might see a new button in the top right corner of your screen.
    • This cart emblazoned button has many uses ranging from sharing pack offers and sales information to recommending packs you might be interested in. All accessible without leaving the comfort of your Sims’ homes.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Oh I remember in Sims 3 when build buy had ads for the online store. Icky.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I went in game after the update specifically to look for that button, but it wasn’t there. I don’t know why not — but I’m not complaining! I don’t like the sound of this at all. Is it still there if you play offline?
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    my top bar is overlapping and I'm not sure I have all the buttons
    MJWcNub.jpeg
    I tried changing ui scale in accessibility- same thing.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I'm very pleased for the updated fixes, especially regarding poor Tomarang. That being said, I suggest for simmers to go to the gameoption menu in your Sims 4 to turn off all notifications & popups. That should fix the problem of the new cart icon appearing. ;)
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    I just turned a residential rental into a plain old residence and it worked. Then I tried to turn it back and it did. then I tried to turn it back and it was locked on residential rental. I went to map view, went back and it turned back to plain ol' residential. Now changing things up to see if I can have more than 13 units without corruption.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Hi @SERVERFRA unfortunately it isn't a notification or a popup, but a button in the UI next to the buttons for build mode etc. in the upper right.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

All that work and you link to Simscommunity :(

That's the only way I could find the patch notes.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Thank goodness the new cart button isn't in my Sims 4 game. :) Maybe it's because I'm a vanilla PC player. Either way, I'm blessed. B) Also, some of my game saves have corrected the lots in Tomarang where I made National Parks instead of the annoying Residential Apartment Lots.
    I'm grateful for this patch. ;)
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    They still haven't fixed the "teens not being able to reenroll in school" problem. Come on, you can literally resuscitate a sim but not reenroll in High School ?? That makes no sense. Please fix it, it's taking away all the fun from HSY in my opinion.

Also, the shopping cart feels intrusive, I don't like feeling like I'm being pressured into buying stuff, and usually it has the opposite effect on me.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 29
    They just released an Emergency Patch to fix the pie interaction and the flashing cart.

Console Emergency Patch is releasing later.

Thanks goes to EA_CADE.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1013094/e-patch-february-28-2024#latest