Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy Crystal Creations?

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,506 Member
    Undecided
    Either immediately (within the week in my case) or later. I really like the look of the trailer. I like it more than I was expecting. But I also wanted to buy for rent at release and now I am happy I didn't. So if the first reactions have and on YouTube are positive I will pick it up soon. If this turns out to be a mess again, then later.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 568 Member
    Immediately
    I’m thinking of getting this on release day. I think I could use it across a lot of my households, so I’m pretty excited for it :)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,011 Member
    edited February 21
    I love the idea of this pack, and would love to buy it immediately, because I’m excited to get it. But, I have decided I will most likely wait to buy it till after the big issues are fixed in For Rent…… which hopefully will be fixed before this comes out. I’m excited to buy the Goth kit and Castle kit when For Rent is fixed too. I own everything else, and am more than willing to spend my money on it when very important things ( like unstuck residential rentals, and corrupted saves ) are fixed. To me, I can take little glitches ( especially if there are cheats for them ), I just don’t want my saves broken. I’m certainly excited to start playing my saves again…..

It certainly looks like a worthy stuff pack!
  • Options
    suepixelssuepixels Posts: 161 Member
    Later
    I want them to fix the current bugs and a bunch of old ones too. So I'll wait! I'm tired of the amount of bugs in the Sims as they ruin the joy for me! :/
    Passionate Sim-Architect & Storyteller on Tumblr. If u can imagine u can make it happen B)
    Industrial, Steampunk & Modern Architecture. Yup Simmies, too!

EA ID suepixels | Tags #suepixels
    Sue's Architecture | Sue's Stories | Wedding Stuff Pack Ideas
    Tumblr: suepixels | Twitter suepixels
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,515 Member
    I'd like to get it immediately, although sadly I've had too many issues with For Rent. I'm going to wait and see if:
    • The pre-patch truly fixes For Rent's game breaking bugs.
    • Crystal Creations is a solid stuff pack i.e. one that's shipped without game breaking bugs.

No gamebreaking bugs = Instant buy or weekend purchase! None of that is complicated, so I guess...Justin Keaton?

• Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Undecided
    Tempting, after all the comments I read about how well this will fit in with occult families and gameplay.

But I'll wait until I see exactly what it offers, and how well it works. I'm not in a buying mood at the moment. Just a few more packs...

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 802 Member
    Immediately
    (Bang bang bang, goes the mightysprite drum...)

When should we buy it?
    When it's been out for a week or two and everyone who didn't hear the mightysprite drum has had a chance to buy it, discover the bugs, and voice their complaints all over the internet!!!

What will we do when the bugs are fixed?
    Buy the pack!! (if it's a pack we want, that is)

(bang bang bang....)

LOL. I can be one of the bug testers.

When things get so bad, I stop expecting anything other than mess. Most days I just do what I CAN do and stop stressing over what I can NOT do. I spent a couple months having no game at all until I discovered the console version worked with mouse and keyboard. Anything is more than nothing. I have no mods or CC. My game changes as bugs are added and sometimes fixed. I adapt to what I have and just try to play with the bits that ARE working. If my game had gone as I wanted, I never would have tried all the new things that I tried instead.

I am glad that others are holding EA more accountable. If everyone was acting like me, I think we would have even more bugs.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    Undecided
    I’ll wait for the reviews and bug reports to come in before deciding whether to buy it. And then I might wait for a sale. I’m not as excited for this as I was for HCH. Also, my disappointment over FR (which, thankfully, I resisted buying on release) and the way simmers have been treated lately (including that bizarre, yet telling, anniversary week) have not left me in the mood to spend more money on this game right now.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 954 Member
    Later
    I want to see what kind of bugs it comes with before I buy it, but I think I'll buy it sooner or later, maybe at full price.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,198 Member
    It's complicated
    @mightysprite , perfectly said! :D

I only hope I can be strong and wait just a bit :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    heiblumeheiblume Posts: 33 Member
    It's complicated
    I love collecting and crafting and have wanted a pack like this for years but I can't even play without having For Rent uninstalled. I was so excited to be able to have several generations on one lot. But anytime I played, new or old save, I get the save bug. So have to see what the patch fixes and what bugs are included in this pack.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,127 Member
    Justine Keaton needs new jewellery
    (Bang bang bang, goes the mightysprite drum...)

Do we want to play buggy packs?
    No! We do not want to play buggy packs!

Do we want to pay money for buggy packs?
    No! We do not want to pay money for buggy packs!

Do we know on release day if the pack is buggy?
    No! We do not!

Will we be angry if we buy a pack and it's full of bugs!
    You bet we will! All over the internet!!!

What should we do on release day?
    Not buy it yet!

When should we buy it?
    When it's been out for a week or two and everyone who didn't hear the mightysprite drum has had a chance to buy it, discover the bugs, and voice their complaints all over the internet!!!

Where do we find their complaints?
    All over the internet!!! But the best complaints are at AHQ

What will we do when the bugs are fixed?
    Buy the pack!! (if it's a pack we want, that is)

(bang bang bang....)

dance.gif
    *dancing to the mightysprite drum*
    Aww Yibs! I love this song!
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,310 Member
    edited February 26
    I will but probably not for a bit...I like the look of it and what's been shown of the game play a lot more than I expected. And stuff packs in my experience tend to be more polished and less buggy than bigger releases so I'm not as worried about potential issues. (They have been knocking it out of the park with stuff packs the last couple of years.) But I'm currently in a sort of Sims fallow period where I'm just not that interested in playing the game at all. I'm sure that will change, it always does. :)
    Post edited by Simpatsyann on
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,436 Member
    Undecided
    My stubborn head wins over my friviolous wants after the last purchase fiasco.

I'm pretty adamant about not spending money on stuff that's broken and may not ever be fixed. It's not like you can return a digital game item for a refund like a physical item. So yeah, I will wait until all of the game breaking bug fixes are actually fixed from For Rent.

It's also a moral thing for me ..... I don't want to reward EA with $$ by purchasing another item, when the last item I bought from them is totally broken. That just sends the wrong message in my mind and it's NOT okay or acceptable behavior for them to continue with this type of business practice.

I haven't even played For Rent yet besides looking at the CAS and B/B items. So in my mind, it was a total waste of money that I could have spent on something more useful. Once I heard about all of the issues, I abandoned the thought of playing in the apartment I created. I haven't even gone to that world because I was so fearful something would trigger something if I did. Better safe than sorry! So that save is on hold indefinitely.

I've just been setting up a brand new save with 100% empty lots and no sims in the world for a personal challenge I made for myself and it's not ready to play yet so I'm fine with waiting.

Besides I'm not sure if I would have any need to incorporate the game play from the pack into my new save because I already have a pre-defined storyline in my head and jewelry/gems is not part of it.

• Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 383 Member
    Immediately
    Knowing my son as I do he will be getting me the pack either on release day or within the a week or two after release day since he knows that I make beaded bracelets when can afford the stones and give them away as presents since I can only wear so many at a time
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    Immediately
    I surprised myself with my reaction to the trailer-which was "WANT NOW!!!"

So, yeah, I'll be buying it pretty on top of release.
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Later
    I want it, but I need to get a new phone first and by the time I've done that, the pack will probably be on sale anyway.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,065 Member
    Undecided
    heh nice sims 1 gif there @Simmingal :)

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,127 Member
    heh nice sims 1 gif there @Simmingal :)

its the level of my dancing skill
    hasn't been updated since so felt dishonest to use any other sim iteration gif :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,954 Member
    Undecided
    I never buy packs immediately because like the last pack they may be buggy and corrupt saves. I think this one will be okay, but I feel no need to risk it. I'll wait and see what others think of it and if it ruins anyone's game. :|
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Later
    I'm not getting it right away but I probably will buy it in a few months.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,401 Member
    Later
    I might buy it sooner rather than later if it doesn't have any substantial bugs. I definitely want it, but I usually don't buy new packs immediately.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Immediately
    The first 10 seconds of trailer had me quietly whispering "oh no" to myself because the stuff pack is 100% my aesthetic and I knew I'd get it straight away.

I'll buy for the CAS and B&B to integrate into my game and then later find an existing family in my rotation to slowly discover the new gameplay. Meredith Roswell is currently living her best horse girl life, and I've yet to play an infant long enough to unlock crawling, so I still have a few packs to catch up on.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

which means right away, right? :D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    Undecided
    Because my budget is a bit wobbly right now. Too many things come up the first couple months. Also I am not really much of a jewellry fan however I do like my sims to craft and have hobbies so will see later on in the year.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg