Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    So weird horses don't count for the "take picture of Sim with pet" thing for the Moschino tripod and camera. I wanna take nice pictures of my Sims and their horses I can put on their wall! :'(
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Samantha1 wrote: »
    I have a question: Faba, the sage of mischief is not in my game anymore, because she got culled because of exceeding the maximum global Sim limit in my save. I forgot to save her in my Favorites and now she was replaced by another sim as sage.

Is there any way to bring her back as a sage?
    Using an old save doesn´t work, because she will be in my households then and won´t be a sage anymore.

I haven't changed a sage in a hot minute, so I'm unsure if it still works that way, but what I would do:
    Save a version of L Faba from an old save in your gallery where she's still sage, delete the new sage, add L Faba to the current save, then unheart her household so it goes back to "other households" (this is the important step).

vQaUrpC.png
    Have regular pictures always been this pixelated and I'm only seeing it now because of the crisp photobooth pictures ? Did I seriously never notice that ?
  • Options
    Samantha1Samantha1 Posts: 13 New Member
    Thank you guys for all your answers :) I´ll get back to playing today and try out all the suggestions, they all seem to be a possible solution to me.

> @cyncie said:
    > Try taking the replacement sage into Cas Full edit mode and edit them to be Faba. Exit without playing or placing in a household. It will be a new version, so relationships won’t be there, but you could cheat them back in.
    Though this definitely will be the last resort, because it sounds really troublesome to do. It also feels kinda bad to use the current sage for Faba, like if she takes over his/her mind and body with her magic... it´s just an NPC but still... xD
  • Options
    > @happyopi said:
    > I haven't changed a sage in a hot minute, so I'm unsure if it still works that way, but what I would do:
    > Save a version of L Faba from an old save in your gallery where she's still sage, delete the new sage, add L Faba to the current save, then unheart her household so it goes back to "other households" (this is the important step).

If I recall correct I already tried that and it doesn´t work, because as soon as I delete the new sage another one will be sage, no matter if Faba is in other households or not, the game doesn´t point her as sage again.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    If I recall correct I already tried that and it doesn´t work, because as soon as I delete the new sage another one will be sage, no matter if Faba is in other households or not, the game doesn´t point her as sage again.

Just tried it right now and it works perfectly. I can think of two reasons why it didn't for you:

-I added the replacement sage to the current sage household, deleted the unwanted old sage from the household, then moved it back to "other households". Unclear if this is a necessary step, I usually do it that way because I'm lazy, but it might be.

-In the save you grabbed L Faba from, is she currently working as a sage when you travel to the magic realm ?

That said, while I was traveling to the magic realm several times to test my replacement practical sage, the mischief sage changed before my very eyes so maybe there's something wrong. I might do some more testing.

-edit-
    Adding the new sage to the existing sage household might be a necessary step after all. That's the only way I can get it to pick my chosen sim.
    Still confused why my mischief sage changed out of the blue.
    Post edited by happyopi on
  • Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member
    I don't know how to solve this. In my least patched install I'm at a sim count 141 of 150 (Recommended). That gives my hardly no room for my sims to adopt pets an such. What will happen when I reach the limit? Will the game begin to cull (delete) townies? (I could do that myself but I don't want to). Or will the game only run slower? Or will the save break? I won't add more packs or so till my install.

It could slow down your game depending on your computer. For the most part, you can just raise the number of played Sims, and everything should be fine. I don't have a super computer (just a lower-end gaming computer from 2016-17) and I play on unlimited. Everything works fine for me.

As far as culling townies, I don't think it does based on the number you've selected in Played Households. From my understanding, the game culls unplayed households first. But I'm not 100% sure if that's the case. Maybe someone else can give you more inside on that.

Sorry for the late reply on this topic...I have been busy working.

Thank you for the answer, it was helpful. :)
  • Options
    > @happyopi said:
    > Just tried it right now and it works perfectly. I can think of two reasons why it didn't for you:
    > -I added the replacement sage to the current sage household, deleted the unwanted old sage from the household, then moved it back to "other households". Unclear if this is a necessary step, I usually do it that way because I'm lazy, but it might be.

I´m confused, there is a sage household? For me embyr, faba and that silver guy are all three separated households in my game. It´s like this in my older saves aswell. And the new sages are all three separted households aswell. Should I combine the old three into a sage household and try what you did?

> -In the save you grabbed L Faba from, is she currently working as a sage when you travel to the magic realm ?

Yes, I did check if she really was still a sage and she was in that save.

> That said, while I was traveling to the magic realm several times to test my replacement practical sage, the mischief sage changed before my very eyes so maybe there's something wrong. I might do some more testing.
    >
    > -edit-
    > Adding the new sage to the existing sage household might be a necessary step after all. That's the only way I can get it to pick my chosen sim.
    > Still confused why my mischief sage changed out of the blue.

Sometimes sims kinda does what it wants without any logic :D
  • Options
    > @happyopi said:
    > Just tried it right now and it works perfectly. I can think of two reasons why it didn't for you:
    > -I added the replacement sage to the current sage household, deleted the unwanted old sage from the household, then moved it back to "other households". Unclear if this is a necessary step, I usually do it that way because I'm lazy, but it might be.

By the way is it by any chance possible that you make a video of how you do what you just described? So I could be 100% sure I´m doing it in the correct way. It seems I don´t even have a sage household which is kinda weird.
  • Options
    > @happyopi said:

I can´t believe it, this really worked!!! Thank you so so much!!! Faba is back in action :D Thank you, thank you, thank you! <3
  • Options
    I can´t believe it, this really worked!!! Thank you so so much!!! Faba is back in action :D Thank you, thank you, thank you! <3

Yay ! Glad it worked for you.
    Sorry for unclear instructions, yes I meant when I replace the practical sage i.e., I add the new sim to the household of the current practical sage, then delete the old sim.
    I did it out of habit and didn't realize this was the only reason my sage replacements worked.
  • Options
    Ah I see :) The funny thing is that I created a "The three sages" househould now and did like you said, I put Faba into that household and deleted the other one from it. And this got her back being a sage and now I have a cool three sages household on top of it :D I also put silversweater back, so now I got all three sages back again. Morgyn was the only one I remembered to save as favourite beforehand, because he´s my sorceress´ boyfriend ;)
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,912 Member
    I made the Founder Sim so I can start the Pack Legacy Challenge. I decided to play on Long Lifespan so I can have time to do everything and not feel like I'm racing against the clock.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,144 Member
    edited August 2023
    I've asked this on the MCCC discord but in version 2023.4.1 i can't seem to bring forward teen sim days. In the long life span it's 84 days for teens but when i click on 'set age in current life span' the number 159 shows up in the box for one teen in this household. When i change that to 160, it rolls back the sim days:

vHdbUlR.png

I haven't checked the other life stages yet, has anyone else noticed this?
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,132 Member
    @Brd709 wrote: »
    I've asked this on the MCCC discord but in version 2023.4.1 i can't seem to bring forward teen sim days. In the long life span it's 84 days for teens but when i click on 'set age in current life span' the number 159 shows up in the box for one teen in this household. When i change that to 160, it rolls back the sim days:

vHdbUlR.png

If I'm not mistaken you have to restart the game when you change the lifespan. Did you do that?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    Considering making a pair of brothers as counterparts to Jesse and Tatiana (maybe make them hoity toity jerks), giving them Shadowmorse, breeding Epona with another male horse and hoping for a female baby, and then breeding that filly with Spinch when they both grow up. His aggressive trait is getting annoying. They could be rivals!
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    @Brd709 wrote: »

vHdbUlR.png

If I'm not mistaken you have to restart the game when you change the lifespan. Did you do that?

I had a response from the MCCC discord and they tell me Dederpool is aware of some aging issues that are being fixed in the next issue.

I've never changed the life span, i've always played on long.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I built the real life Conjuring Farmhouse on my game when Paranormal came out so my sims could start their medium careers in it. I researched a lot to try to build it close to the real thing. My family and I just went on a tour in the real house, located in Rhode Island. The house is very old, built 1736, and I fell in love with it. I am pleased that I came really close to the actual one in Sims, but decided I want to update it to the actual layout of the house, if I can, as it's the stairs that made me alter it as they take up so much room. The house has wood ceilings with open beams placed with pegs and now I can add those as well with the new ceilings. I really wish we could make ghosts in CAS so can really make it haunted. I am thinking I should play through the life of a family living there and keep their gravestones on the property so can add actual ghosts to the Paranormal hauntings, as the spooky trait only usually gives me one ghost visiting. It will be fun playing this beautiful though spooky old house in my game, especially in October!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,011 Member
    Yeah. I ended up having them both just quit their jobs. Hannah, with the biology degree is working in the Law career.
    Isabel, with the History degree is working in the Conservationist career. I just had them switch careers since those are two I haven't tried yet.

Yeah, they should let you pick what level to start at, or just let you advance faster if you want. University doesn’t work well for rotational play, so I don’t use it much.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,011 Member
    I made a thread but I'll ask here too:

I'm not sure how to describe the problem and it seems like no one else has a problem with this or it's normal.

At every bar, lounge, and party, entertainer npc Sims usually have low skill. That's not as big of an issue because I can just cheat the skill.

My main issue is the entertainer never actually plays songs, but just practices. I have to listen to them "plink plink" nonsensically and it's driving me nuts.

Is this by default? Is there a mod anyone knows of to remedy this?

If you have get together, try making a club with entertainers to show up at the place. Maybe you will get some higher skilled people.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I really wish rotational play was better for university students. I would love to play the sims that came with DU for story progression purposes but they’ve made it nearly impossible.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,930 Member
    I really wish rotational play was better for university students. I would love to play the sims that came with DU for story progression purposes but they’ve made it nearly impossible.

I hear you. My Rock Star's eldest graduated HS early and is now doing Uni from home. (Let's face it a college campus is no place for a 13-year-old. And rotation wouldn't work, either. Happily, things aren't as bad rotation-wise as they were in Sims3, but still.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Why when i ask my sim to send everyone home, they always stamp their feet and it looks like they're shouting forbidden words? Has anyone else noticed this? Shouldn't they be waving and saying 'Dag Dag?'
    Post edited by Brd709 on
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,068 Member
    @Brd709 Yeah that's the difference between Send Everyone Home and just a friendly Goodbye :) It's a kind of aggressive "Go home now!!!"
    As far as I can tell there are no repercussions to the relationships... so I just giggle and let it be....

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,930 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Why when i ask my sim to send everyone home, they always stamp their feet and it looks like their they're shouting forbidden words? Has anyone else noticed this? Shouldn't they be waving and saying 'Dag Dag?'

Not so far. But I tend to enjoy moments when my Sims show their true self. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    throwawayaccount_111throwawayaccount_111 Posts: 12 New Member
    Totally random question(More of a request I suppose): Can somebody help me with finding a sim uploaded to the gallery? Had her saved down, but recently factory resetted my pc due to personal stuff, and now I can't seem to find her again.
    I don't remember either her name or the creator, so I am going off by giving details about her looks:
    Her everyday clothes included a sweater with grey and pink strips, a grey beanie hat and blue jeans. Can't remember the shoes.
    Her summer clothes had a green shirt and a green skirt. She also had a long brown hair. Sorry for not being able to tell much else, just wanna save her down again so that she can be an option to spawn as a townie with MCC.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top