Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Copperdale World Discussion Thread

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,761 Member
    I noticed Ash used y'all in her segment on high school years. This is giving me Smokey Mountain vibes. The mountains with a lake for swimming and boating are so familiar. The park is reminiscent of many areas in the National Park and many state parks as well. The pier gives off the tourist trap vibe of small towns that are gateways into the Smokies. The bubble tea thrift store would not be out of place in Boone, NC. And of course, the mining brings to mind the back stories of Dolly Parton and Loretta Lynn, though it would have been coal instead of copper.

Probably it is supposed to be reminiscent of many places, but I love being able to find elements of my region there.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,509 Member
    I may place a bowling alley/skating rink on that empty lot. I'm also planning on moving my adult married couple there. Right now they live in Glenbrook.
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 558 Member
    I may place a bowling alley/skating rink on that empty lot. I'm also planning on moving my adult married couple there. Right now they live in Glenbrook.

I made a pool lot for that empty 20x20 and I'll swap it in winter for an ice skating rink. I made a fun zone for the 20x15 lot in the town square that has the teen hangout lot trait. On the upstairs level is a bowling alley, main level has karaoke and an arcade, and in the basement is a roller skating rink. I can't wait for my teens to hang out there with their new school friends:)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,550 Member
    edited July 2022

This world is too small. :s
    I am going to have to bulldoze the library to put in a bowling alley.
    Why they didn't put in another sub-hood is beyond me, especially since this is the only world with a high school.

[Meh]
    Never mind.
    The way the area is designed, a bowling alley would look odd in that particular location.
    If my sims want to bowl, they will have to leave Copperdale.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 712 Member
    Can it be possible that for once we did not get a new bar? :D
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »

no way! lol :D:p
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,122 Member

Well i mean the boba place is kinda like bar just that the drinks are boba instead
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,061 Member
    To me the pier feels really out of place with the rest of the world, I have to say.

The pier is something you'd find in a major coastal city. Meanwhile the rest of the world is like rural Colorado or something.

I wish I could pick up the pier and put it in San Myshuno or Del Sol Valley, and then have Copperdale a rural pineywoods Western tryin-not-to-be-ghost-town not too far from Moonwood Mill.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,509 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

Why they didn't put in another sub-hood is beyond me, especially since this is the only world with a high school.

[Meh]
    Never mind.
    The way the area is designed, a bowling alley would look odd in that particular location.

There is an empty lot to place on and also the park is a good canidate to bulldoze. It's just an ordinary park.
  • Options

[Meh]
    Never mind.

There is an empty lot to place on and also the park is a good canidate to bulldoze. It's just an ordinary park.

Nope, already taken for my high school dorm and a family that will house a Foreign
    exchange student. I'll send them to my bowling ally in Willow Creek if I just have to go bowling. :)
    I'll really just use the Boba Tea shop and the boardwalk for entertainment though. Also, my sims take vacations in groups thanks to the dorm.
    So I can get by without extra entertainment.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,714 Member

It might be a hidden lot accessed only through gameplay ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

[Meh]
    Never mind.

There is an empty lot to place on and also the park is a good candidate to bulldoze. It's just an ordinary park.

Nope, already taken for my high school dorm and a family that will house a Foreign
    exchange student. I'll send them to my bowling ally in Willow Creek if I just have to go bowling. :)
    I'll really just use the Boba Tea shop and the boardwalk for entertainment though. Also, my sims take vacations in groups thanks to the dorm.
    So I can get by without extra entertainment.

Two foreign exchange students eh? First Kevin, now your Sim. Will they go head to head to see who is the better FES? /j
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I was super shocked at how small the lots are.😅😅😅 I'm definitely the big lot type but every world doesn't have to be the same. Maybe they were going with more of a small town vibe.
    Only problem is that I almost always play with 8 sim households and I was planning on moving almost all of my main sims there. Well, I still am but I guess I have to rethink some things 🥲
    Not sure how to fit big families into these tiny tiny lots but I guess I'll take on the challenge. I love this world too much. This one and moonwood mills are going to be my only played worlds for a long while.
    I'm going to use a few other worlds only for vacation or big venues like malls and theaters.

I don’t know how many families you’re moving by there’s a 50 x40 lot, 2 30x30 lots, and a 30x20 lot you could move them to. 😊

That works for me!! 😁
    Moving every family that can fit lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options

[Meh]
    Never mind.

I know what I will do instead of a bowling alley. :)
    I'll just make a small version of my Cybercafe on that 20 x 15 starter home lot.
    That's better than a bowling alley when it comes to teens.
  • Options
    rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    I noticed Ash used y'all in her segment on high school years. This is giving me Smokey Mountain vibes. The mountains with a lake for swimming and boating are so familiar. The park is reminiscent of many areas in the National Park and many state parks as well. The pier gives off the tourist trap vibe of small towns that are gateways into the Smokies. The bubble tea thrift store would not be out of place in Boone, NC. And of course, the mining brings to mind the back stories of Dolly Parton and Loretta Lynn, though it would have been coal instead of copper.

Probably it is supposed to be reminiscent of many places, but I love being able to find elements of my region there.

Additionally, Ashe's surname, Harjo, is of Muscogee origin, and the Muscogee nation originally covered most of the American Southeast. North Carolina would be about the northernmost extent of their range, so that seems like a good world-inspiration-theory to me. Don't know if copper was ever mined there, though.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,761 Member
    telemwill wrote: »

Additionally, Ashe's surname, Harjo, is of Muscogee origin, and the Muscogee nation originally covered most of the American Southeast. North Carolina would be about the northernmost extent of their range, so that seems like a good world-inspiration-theory to me. Don't know if copper was ever mined there, though.

I just googled it. The southern Appalachian mountains are known as the Copper Basin, especially southeastern Tennessee. So this confirms it in my head canon at least.