Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,208 Member
    Sourocha wrote: »
    I just 'send to heaven one character that I'm realy sad that had to go. :( If it had lived their future would be so nice, and it was hard to not change the script, :sweat: , but, for the sake of the story, some beloved and sometimes inocent, characters, have to die...

It always hurts to have one of your favorite characters die. But remind yourself; "It's part of the story." "It must be done for the story." And so on.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    That's tough @Sourocha :(@rednenemon gave some great advice though! That's what helped me get through Luc and Hazel. It's still painful though. Hugs to you!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Happy Timezones!

Here is today's A2A chapter, which includes an update about the casting call :)

Interlude: Permission
    AOhJSSv.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited December 2016
    @Sourocha: I'm glad you have good people like @rednenemon and @CitizenErased14 top tell you otherwise because I find death to be easy. It's keeping characters suffering yet living that's the hardest.

You can do it though! <3
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks, everyone! @CitizenErased14, @rednenemon and you are right, @InfraGreen, and some say that the death of someone has more impact on the living than the person that died. ;) Well, at least they are in a better place... :D
  • Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    Oh! And there is finally a new chapter! :)
    Chapter 36: The mask.
  • Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    Happy Timezones Eveyone!!!

Needed Advice! I'm recently joined the planner girl community. I purchase a Happy Planner for 2017 and its great. One of my goals for 2017 is around sims and writing. I wanted to know if anyone else uses planner and how they use them to plan their writing/stories/gameplay etc :smile::smile:
    sMggKkh.png

• Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member

Needed Advice! I'm recently joined the planner girl community. I purchase a Happy Planner for 2017 and its great. One of my goals for 2017 is around sims and writing. I wanted to know if anyone else uses planner and how they use them to plan their writing/stories/gameplay etc :smile::smile:

@Emma-LeeXOXO I have two planners, one for my personal life & goals and a more detailed one for story ideas ^^ I use ~4 pages at the beginning of the planner as an index so I can just use the pages however I want to. I do chapter outlines, mindmaps and characters sheets in there ^^ the personal planner just has reminders like "Write a chapter today" or sth like that.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    good afternoon. i slept through morning again.

• Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »

@Emma-LeeXOXO I have two planners, one for my personal life & goals and a more detailed one for story ideas ^^ I use ~4 pages at the beginning of the planner as an index so I can just use the pages however I want to. I do chapter outlines, mindmaps and characters sheets in there ^^ the personal planner just has reminders like "Write a chapter today" or sth like that.

i have a notebook for sim goals. aparently i have no life goals. lol
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @Sourocha - Awww man! Yeah, that's a tough situation to be in. You know it has to be dome for the story, but it doesn't make it any easier. :cry: I know I'll ha e to face that at some point and it's gonna be tough.

@Everyone - Hope you all are having a great holiday period. Today, I've been working on my stories and am hoping to get my next "Forever in Time" chapter released in a bit but wanted to pop in and say "Hi" to everyone first.

My heart was kinda sad today at the death of Carrie Fisher. I really enjoyed her as Princess Leia in Star Wars and liked the book she wrote about her mother and growing up as Debbie Reynolds' daughter. She had am awesome sense of humor that will be misse, along with her great talent as an actress.

Also, there may be a few folks on here old enough to remember the singing group Wham. I was also bummed at the death of George Michael. Again, more talent that will be missed. :(
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    @Sourocha - Awww man! Yeah, that's a tough situation to be in. You know it has to be dome for the story, but it doesn't make it any easier. :cry: I know I'll ha e to face that at some point and it's gonna be tough.

@Everyone - Hope you all are having a great holiday period. Today, I've been working on my stories and am hoping to get my next "Forever in Time" chapter released in a bit but wanted to pop in and say "Hi" to everyone first.

My heart was kinda sad today at the death of Carrie Fisher. I really enjoyed her as Princess Leia in Star Wars and liked the book she wrote about her mother and growing up as Debbie Reynolds' daughter. She had am awesome sense of humor that will be misse, along with her great talent as an actress.

Also, there may be a few folks on here old enough to remember the singing group Wham. I was also bummed at the death of George Michael. Again, more talent that will be missed. :(

i was bummed by all that too. it seems like ceberties die younger now.

• Options
    @friendsfan367 - IKR?! :( The last one I was super bummed over was Alan Rickman, who played Snape in the Harry Potter moves. I absolutely adored him in that role. :( The one I actually cried over was Michael Clarke Duncan (John Coffey in "The Green Mile".) He was perfect in that role and I was quite taken with him in that movie. So sad. :(
  • Options
    Soooo, here it is - my next chapter of "Forever in Time." Finally!

Aurora%252C%2BSilvan%252C%2B%2526%2BTara%2B1.jpg
    Chapter 42, Mending Fences
  • Options
    mom put my new desk chair together. yeah. my old one broke a few months ago.
  • Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »

Thanks @Julyvee94 . I've been using OneNote to write out chapter outlines and things. I thinking of just color coding sim info as green in my planner and doing the reminders like you "write a chapter today" stuff. I think if I try another other paper source for writing I'm going to get overwhelmed and disappear again.
    sMggKkh.png

• Options
    Its a night for me guys. Worked on a simblr tonight. I'm plan on finishing it up tomorrow and posting for my 100 baby challenge. Super Excited.

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday time and or breaks. I know I am. 6 more days before I return to work!
    sMggKkh.png

• Options
    @friendsfan367 - IKR?! :( The last one I was super bummed over was Alan Rickman, who played Snape in the Harry Potter moves. I absolutely adored him in that role. :( The one I actually cried over was Michael Clarke Duncan (John Coffey in "The Green Mile".) He was perfect in that role and I was quite taken with him in that movie. So sad. :(

debbie renyolds died today. just read that.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Aw. This makes me sad. So many lovely movies and songs she shared with us.

We sure lost a lot of beautiful people in 2016... here's to all the celebrities and also to all those whose names we might not have heard and who leave empty spaces, all the same...

Let's fill those empty spaces with love.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

Well said @CathyTea . Well said my friend.

covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

Aw. This makes me sad. So many lovely movies and songs she shared with us.

We sure lost a lot of beautiful people in 2016... here's to all the celebrities and also to all those whose names we might not have heard and who leave empty spaces, all the same...

and 2016 isn't over yet. i agree we need to fill the world with love.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Anyone know why suddenly (dot) gif files are being plum'd? My sig image suddenly started not showing because it's resolving to plum

Putting the image in here
    ForumsSig11-19-16_zpsy9zfxbtw.gif

Yeah, it's resolving the end of the image address instead of (dot) gif it's showing as plum.

Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
  • Options
    @cshaner I think the forum has banned gifs or something, as I noticed the same things earlier today :( I changed my sig today because of it *sigh*
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 Thank you so much - I suspected that may be the problem. Thanks for confirming!
  • Options
    Sourocha wrote: »
    I just 'send to heaven one character that I'm realy sad that had to go. :( If it had lived their future would be so nice, and it was hard to not change the script, :sweat: , but, for the sake of the story, some beloved and sometimes inocent, characters, have to die...

i know how you feel. i lost dozens of favorites.but one was totally my sims fault if your bed is on fire you should probably wake up from your nap and go outside.

ayden would probably have died yesterday but my game glitched.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top