The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Here's an idea... KILL TS4 and start working on TS5

They can release all the EPs and GPs they want but it won't fix TS4. The base game is 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I was right when I posted that it seems like it's supposed to be a 3DS/game console version instead of a PC/Mac version. The EPs and GPs could only be fun if the base game is actually good. The lack of an open world and story progression is so 2007! Loading screens...are you kidding me?! Lol

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    Sorry we are stuck with Sims 4 for 5 years. Get used to it.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    It's not that bad...and I don't want to wait for another sims era. I skipped Sims 3 because I was too broke to even get all of Sims 2, and figured at that rate they'd have sims 4 eventually...so no thank you :)
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I like the Sims 4

If you want people like me to respect you, you should respect us as well. You might not like the game but some people do.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    Here's an idea : don,t play it...
  • Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    I like Sims 4, are there parts I don't like, yea, but overall, it is a good game.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    hm...

cq2dz77.gif
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Not going to happen -- they could already be thinking about Sims 5 or at least starting to think about game engines, but it'll be at least 4 years till we see any sign of a new game. Deal with it.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    So you basically want my hard earned money to go to waste by dropping support for a game I enjoy, just because you don't like it? Selfish, I say. I really enjoy building and decorating in TS4, far more than TS3.
  • Options
    GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 23 Member
    I'm 80% sure they've already started to think about Sims 5. EA aren't going to give up on a franchise that makes them lots of money.
  • Options
    crisv3003crisv3003 Posts: 85 Member
    A SimGuru said that "If TS4 isn't successfull there is not going to be a Sims 5.
    Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    Playerthe95Playerthe95 Posts: 129 Member
    crisv3003 wrote: »
    A SimGuru said that "If TS4 isn't successfull there is not going to be a Sims 5.

It is successful, a lot of people are buying it. At this point the only reason they won't continue it is because we've probably made all the developers extremely depressed with all our negativity.
  • Options
    FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member
    I also like TS4, even if I complain about it. A new sims series wouldn't help. TS4 just need some things like ...(put in here, what you miss the most)...and it could be the best part of the sims serie.
    opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Options
    jairus_simsjairus_sims Posts: 110 Member
    edited August 2015
    @Faridah said:
    > I also like TS4, even if I complain about it. A new sims series wouldn't help. TS4 just need some things like ...(put in here, what you miss the most)...and it could be the best part of the sims serie.

I agree TS4 could be my favourite era if they added an open world. However, the developers made it clear that it's impossible to add an open world and get rid of the loading screen because TS4 was designed to be an online game.
  • Options
    jairus_simsjairus_sims Posts: 110 Member

It is successful, a lot of people are buying it. At this point the only reason they won't continue it is because we've probably made all the developers extremely depressed with all our negativity.

Hopefully they've learned their lesson and when they start working on TS5, they'll design it as a PC/Mac game and not an online game!
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    Vote with your pockets!
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    They can release all the EPs and GPs they want but it won't fix TS4. The base game is 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I was right when I posted that it seems like it's supposed to be a 3DS/game console version instead of a PC/Mac version. The EPs and GPs could only be fun if the base game is actually good. The lack of an open world and story progression is so 2007! Loading screens...are you kidding me?! Lol

*bowes down*
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,658 Member

You got proof?
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    it won't happen until they've finished killing it off and stomping it into the ground and disenfranchised all of the original fans of the franchise and people will automatically projectile vomit whenever the sims is mentioned... so maybe next year.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Overall I do like TS4 but I need more to start playing again. The only real issue I have is that there isn't enough group activities and I got bored with make-shift lots. From what little we have heard bout the new ep might just be enough for start putting money into the game again but I am still going to wait for some reviews. If is just an enhancement on the venues we already have I will keep my money.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    it won't happen until they've finished killing it off and stomping it into the ground and disenfranchised all of the original fans of the franchise and people will automatically projectile vomit whenever the sims is mentioned... so maybe next year.

I give it until next year as well :disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    KotoriousKotorious Posts: 49 Member
    I like TS4, Am I 100% happy with it? No. But, it is overall a good game. What it lacks in some areas, it makes up for in others for the most part. Yes, EA is kinda failing in my opinion on giving us what we want out of the EPs and base game but give it time, I'm sure they will make up for it eventually. I know a game like this isnt easy to develop. Altho we should have gotten more of the basic features we had in TS2-TS3, Im sure they are making plans to fix at least some of the issues. After learning of the lack of features on The Get Together EP, I was highly disappointed, but after reading more about it, it may not be so bad. I still feel it will lack a lot for an EP, but it will add some good features for the overall gameplay and storyline for my sims. As for this being the last Sims platform, I really doubt that. Even with people being unhappy it is still going to be a money maker, as well as past sims still bringing in profit.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,961 Member
    edited August 2015
    And then there comes bigger disappointment. So scary.
    I like The Sims 4, because of less crashes and lag. The Sims 3 is right now lag king in my computer. Even on 64-bit system.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I will admit TS4 isn't perfect, but in my opinion it isn't horrible and thanks to the patches, EPs, GPs, and SPs it's getting much better. I don't find myself getting bored with it so quickly anymore.

Honestly, the1 minute or less loading screens don't really bother me. I really like the overall look of the game. Plus, it does have some really positive parts such as CAS, Build-Mode, and the Gallery. I also like ability to go between the worlds; however, I do wish they were a bit larger size.