The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TODDLERS

Can anyone preferably a SIms 4 Agent confirm whether or not toddlers will be coming to the sims 4. I've heard arguments that there will and will not . So if you could let me know that'd be great :)

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,791 Member
    Not likely to happen with GTW maybe in a Generatins EP
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    Definitely not in GTW.
  • Options
    Legobatman3609Legobatman3609 Posts: 604 Member
    Not in GTW.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    I'm sure not in GTW. Maybe in one of the free patches or in Generations-like EP. I think they will finally bring toddlers to the game, just because so many people are asking for toddlers. But it's not such a quick and easy thing.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I'd say not right away but hopefully before the year is over. Maybe in the next game pack or something.
  • Options
    Margeh75Margeh75 Posts: 369 Member
    But did they ever mention that it will eventually come for definite? Because some people keep trying to say there definitely will be in the future. But i was made to understand that if they did put toddlers in the game they would have had to sacrifice something else out of the game to accommodate it
  • Options
    Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    Margeh75 wrote: »
    But did they ever mention that it will eventually come for definite? Because some people keep trying to say there definitely will be in the future. But i was made to understand that if they did put toddlers in the game they would have had to sacrifice something else out of the game to accommodate it

People are only saying there "definitely will be in the future" because they don't think, with everyone so upset, that EA will continue to ignore the people who want toddlers. So far, the only response to toddlers from Gurus are "No comment" because they legally can't speak about future content of the game.
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    > @Margeh75 said:
    > But did they ever mention that it will eventually come for definite? Because some people keep trying to say there definitely will be in the future. But i was made to understand that if they did put toddlers in the game they would have had to sacrifice something else out of the game to accommodate it

Every big feature needs to be accomodated (like pets or seasons). It was never a problem. They decided not to put toddlers in the base game because they had other priorities and not enough time. But now it's a way to make many simmers very happy, so why not?
  • Options
    Thanks for your answer, i guess we'll just be kept guessing until they announce it :):p
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Can anyone preferably a SIms 4 Agent confirm whether or not toddlers will be coming to the sims 4. I've heard arguments that there will and will not . So if you could let me know that'd be great :)

Toddlers may come in a patch or future EP if they come, I have my hopes for the March patch. But they are not included in GTW.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    I think they'll come, it's these peoples jobs and if they give people toddlers that's a whole new group of people to give them their pay.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Toddlers may come in a patch or future EP if they come, I have my hopes for the March patch. But they are not included in GTW.

aww Jake cool :)
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    They would have definitely mentioned it in the trailer so people would buy the ep so I don't think toddlers will be coming yet.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    hurfrhurfr Posts: 143 Member
    edited February 2015
    I think the next EP after this one will be a generations one. They must realise that people actually want toddlers. There are other things that a family EP could add that I miss from previous games as well as new ideas. :)
  • Options
    TheN0vahTheN0vah Posts: 73 Member
    I really don't care if Toddlers are gonna be gone or not, but it would be cool.
    3o1XJO2.png?1
    Check out my Sims 4: Lets Play on YouTube
    https://youtube.com/channel/UC6nMNPkp6b_dDqj5ebr1IDA
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited February 2015
    Kira101x wrote: »

People are only saying there "definitely will be in the future" because they don't think, with everyone so upset, that EA will continue to ignore the people who want toddlers. So far, the only response to toddlers from Gurus are "No comment" because they legally can't speak about future content of the game.
    They have also said "We hear you" which means its being done why say we hear you when you have no plans to add them. SimguruDaniel said "we hear the main concerns of toddlers and family tree loud and clear" Having family trees in already only proves to me toddlers are being worked on the only question is when will they be added.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    There is code than mention toddlers, but no sure if for future expansion (less probable) or remain code from Sims Online/Olympus (most probable)
  • Options
    aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited February 2015
    Why is this topic even here? Anyway, prior to the release of TS4 it was mentioned by one the gurus that all life stages in the Sims 3 would be in 4, so there you have it. Personally, I hated the toddler life stage and don't miss it at all.
  • Options
    MushMouse88MushMouse88 Posts: 40 Member
    > @ChadSims2 said:
    > Kira101x wrote: »
    >
    > Margeh75 wrote: »
    >
    > But did they ever mention that it will eventually come for definite? Because some people keep trying to say there definitely will be in the future. But i was made to understand that if they did put toddlers in the game they would have had to sacrifice something else out of the game to accommodate it
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > People are only saying there "definitely will be in the future" because they don't think, with everyone so upset, that EA will continue to ignore the people who want toddlers. So far, the only response to toddlers from Gurus are "No comment" because they legally can't speak about future content of the game.
    >
    >
    >
    > They have also said "We hear you" which means its being done why say we hear you when you have no plans to add them. SimguruDaniel said "we hear the main concerns of toddlers and family tree loud and clear" Having family trees in already only proves to me toddlers are being worked on the only question is when will they be added.

I completely agree. I think the fact that there hasn't been an official announcement on them is a good sign because it means they are listening, and they know that if and when it's announced, it's going to win back a TON of support. It would be nice to know for sure, but I'm not giving up hope yet. You have to realize that with all of the negative reviews that Sims 4 has received since its launch, the creators have been doing a lot to bring the game back to what people want...look at pools and ghosts returning. So I don't think it's hopeless; we will just have to wait a little longer to find out.
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    We do have, in the coding, an age between baby and child that is left over from early development.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/815405/unsupported-age-found-between-baby-and-child-lifestate-in-sims-4-files-toddlers/p1

And the gurus have made it clear that many of them want Toddlers as well. While it isn't a confirmation, it proves that they do acknowledge that it is a feature that people miss. I am personally betting that toddlers will be added in a free patch. If not, then a game pack (for those that say they don't want toddlers at all).
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,004 Member

It probably won't come with this expansion pack, but maybe they'll add toddlers by the next one, that comes right after Get to Work. Hopefully if they do add Toddlers, it will be via a patch, like they did with pools, ghosts, and genealogy.
  • Options
    if they do decide to bring them to the game i hope they will let us have butlers or nanny's as well cos my sim will be busy when Get To Work comes! I literally cannot wait for this EP :)
  • Options
    niiyykniiyyk Posts: 53 Member
    The same thing happened with pools, and they gave us back those so i believe the same thing is going to happen with toddlers, but the question is when?
    I don't remember if they said why they gave up toddlers? Does anyone knows? Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    niiyyk wrote: »
    The same thing happened with pools, and they gave us back those so i believe the same thing is going to happen with toddlers, but the question is when?
    I don't remember if they said why they gave up toddlers? Does anyone knows? Thank you in advance!

There is a lot of info and interview over internet about it, before Sims 4 release date.

Of course, never was so clear for users, as is a big jump from baby to child
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,658 Member
    The reason people keep mentioning it is because it has been asked and they have replied that if/when a new lifestate comes that toddlers would be a top priority. It has been said that it is possible and that teens were made taller to make room for preteen if they should decide to include that lifestate later. It was also said that they didn't want to just throw toddlers in there, but wanted to do it properly.

As a simmer stated above, they were left out because of time. I've also heard that they had a bug where toddlers could die by pools and that is why they were both left out of the basegame and because they wanted to release quickly; not sure how true that one statement is, but thought I would share.

By the comments made on twitter/facebook/ect. by those who actually work there, I gather that they will add toddlers. When, no one knows, but they did say it was a priority, so my bet is this year. I don't know, but my best guess is that when S4 came out or before, they were already working on the first two EPs/gamepacks. At that time, they saw the toddler petition and saw the huge support and so that may be one reason that you don't see them in the next EP, because they already had started work long ago on the first EPs/gamepacks before they realized the need in the community for toddlers and how it would affect/effect geneology/generational play and those who like to play that way. Also, as the simmer above me stated, there is a placeholder that has been found for the toddler lifestage. It is more than likely coming. :)